Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guys Like Pink To!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Ok, why can't boy wizards get pink gear? I like pink and so do many of my friends. So why don't you let boy wizards dye their gear into pink? It's not a girl color! So, KI, can you please let boy wizards get pink gear to? If you can't, why not?

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
Mastermind
May 02, 2009
i want pink for guys to but your not the first person to ask that question.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
If you really want to wear pink, then make a girl character, transfer the clothes you want dyed to her through the shared bank, have her dye them, then transfer them back. It's just that easy.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
JinZah wrote:
If you really want to wear pink, then make a girl character, transfer the clothes you want dyed to her through the shared bank, have her dye them, then transfer them back. It's just that easy.
i tried that and got brown instead of pink.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
darkjohns wrote:
i want pink for guys to but your not the first person to ask that question.

O well I didn't know. But still GO PINK!!!!!!!!! It's the color of muscle!!!!!!!!!! PINK FOR MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i think it is time wizard start thinking inclusively.
stop genderizing clothes and colors.

simply make all clothing universal and
make the color scale the same for both genders.

i bet you will find just as many boys like pink as girls like blue and
you will find them wearing some of the outfits that you made just for girls
and the girls will wear the out fits you made for boys.

it is time to stop with the psychological socializing of kids
and let them develop in a natural way with out imposing all the bad juju on them.

(now will KI allow this in the forum?)

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
hobi wrote:
i think it is time wizard start thinking inclusively.
stop genderizing clothes and colors.

simply make all clothing universal and
make the color scale the same for both genders.

i bet you will find just as many boys like pink as girls like blue and
you will find them wearing some of the outfits that you made just for girls
and the girls will wear the out fits you made for boys.

it is time to stop with the psychological socializing of kids
and let them develop in a natural way with out imposing all the bad juju on them.

(now will KI allow this in the forum?)

Yes..

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
JinZah wrote:

oh my gosh.................. your a genius

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Guys, Ki never intended to hurt anyone's feelings about the "gender" problem. They just didn't suspect guys and girls wanting the same things. They try their very best to meet everyone's needs and expectations so plz don't try to tear them down. :?

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I mean what men wouldn't want pink on their closes(i know which men the non manly men)

Blaze Gem Level 64 Legendary Pryomancer

Keep the Flame going
till the end of time

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Alexander5335 wrote:
Guys, Ki never intended to hurt anyone's feelings about the "gender" problem. They just didn't suspect guys and girls wanting the same things. They try their very best to meet everyone's needs and expectations so plz don't try to tear them down. :?

If they didn't want to make things by gender it wouldn't. They are obviously not in the 21 century. If they were they would know real men wear pink!

Survivor
Oct 14, 2011
pinks for girls id laugh at all the boys running around in pink thinking there more of a man for it.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
cooladdy wrote:
I mean what men wouldn't want pink on their closes(i know which men the non manly men)

Blaze Gem Level 64 Legendary Pryomancer

Keep the Flame going
till the end of time

WHAAAAT! Pink can be manly! Ever seen Kirby (may seem cute, but he can eat you and steal your powers) or Little Mac in his jogging suit? (Short, but took down guys twice as tall with his punches.)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
BricksOnDeck wrote:
pinks for girls id laugh at all the boys running around in pink thinking there more of a man for it.

I don't think I'm more of a man for it. Pink is more of a man's color than a girl color. Most of the girls i know irl don't even like pink and ALL, I mean ALL, the guys and men like pink! I dont know if your a girl or a boy but if you're a boy you don't know what your talking about! Pink is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
BricksOnDeck wrote:

I've seen guys with the girls fairy wings and guys at the hatchery begging for a hatch with a pixie. Despite the fact that my husband thinks these guys are... well you know, gay, and I may think it kinda odd, yes i've seen manly men (not my guy, he's by far not manly lol) wear pink and look great in it.

I've been saying for a long time we should be able to dye anything (furniture, other housing items, pets, gear, wing mounts or dragoness mounts, any colors we want. I for one prefer the guys burnt orange color to the girls orange color. I think the guys have more of a deeper red color also that i'd prefer on my gear, and i've seen some awesome guy gear. For the heck of it, I made a guy character and transfered over some of the girls gear and boy what a change in the styles. And for the guys who dont like the dragon wings or white/black feathered wing mounts, there should be an entire array of fairy mount wing colors or give us the option to dye the fairy wings any color. Why only 3? Why only 4 color choices for the fierce hound? We should have all the color choices, to mix how we want, top and bottom color not just black and whatever. A pink and light purple fierce hound would look awesome with my storm girl :-)
But anyways, I'm all for guys in pink or whatever colors we should want :-)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
"Guys like pink to" what? Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, I feel that this is just the tip of the gender iceberg and I plan on sailing my ship as far away from it as possible. I'll just say this: like I said on tabby714's thread, KI won't add pink as a color choice at this point in time because it would take time that they don't have.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
darkjohns wrote:
JinZah wrote:
i tried that and got brown instead of pink.

When i tried it in an experiment a few months ago it worked :-(

Guess it's possible KI "fixed" this loophole in a patch at some point

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
"Guys like pink to" what? Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, I feel that this is just the tip of the gender iceberg and I plan on sailing my ship as far away from it as possible. I'll just say this: like I said on tabby714's thread, KI won't add pink as a color choice at this point in time because it would take time that they don't have.

You see, the thing is KI adds so many updates so I am such they could just make the color choices the same for boys and girls.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
i didnt know guys cant get pink! if this is so, i guess girls cant get a color like dark blue or something

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
You see, the thing is KI adds so many updates so I am such they could just make the color choices the same for boys and girls.

KI never made the hundreds of outfits available to male wizards in pink, so it's not as simple as just adding the choice. They would really have to recolor every last outfit ever created, and like I said that would take a long time. I'm not trying to be negative; if it was possible at this point in time I'd totally be behind it (there's some colors I've been asking to be added for a while), but it's not. If anything, they might add it when they're done making worlds and have nothing better to add.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
BricksOnDeck wrote:

I'd laugh at you with your boy-color girl-color view of life. Pink is a cool color. I want to have pink clothes.