Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stuck on Quest

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
I need some help in Hametsu Village. I am supposed to fight Otomo Warriors (I think that is what they're called, all I know is that they look a lot like Samzoku Bandits). I can't seem to find them anywhere. My map tells me where to look, but when I go to where is says all I see are those Samzoku Warriors (again, not sure if it is the right name) and Confused Tree Warriors. Can someone tell me where they are?

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
They are in the place shown on the map, but they are not there all the time. If there are none when you look, try switching to a different realm and see if they are there. Or get a cup of coffee and look again in ten minutes. I don't know why they are like this. Once there were none anywhere for my friend, then he helped me fight some confused trees in that area, and after that there were lots.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
First of all, they're outdoors, not in a building. They spawn in a mixed mob spawn area, where each mob to spawn is randomly chosen from two or three different types, only one of which is the one you're after. As such, a realm sometimes doesn't have any of the mobs at all. Get to the right area (just north of a three way intersection, as it shows on the map, and try jumping between realms until you find them.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Thank you. I had no idea that the enemies are different in another realm. That will help with a lot of quests.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Mob spawn probabilities are the same in every realm. Some mob spawns are mixed, however, so when a mob spawns in a particular spot, it may be a 50% chance of one mob and a 50% chance of another. If five mobs spawn in a particular spot, the odds that none of them will be the one needed for the quest are fairly slim, but it can happen. Killing them and letting them respawn in your realm will probably fix it, but that assumes you know exactly which mobs to kill, and even then, it's probably faster to just switch realms.