Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mental Health

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
My giraffe is in need of some mental health therapy. He cannot concentrate during battle, he constantly looks behind us, his demeanor is generally crabby and depressed, and his attention span is very low.

I believe he might have attention deficit disorder, paranoia, depression, and bi-polar personality disorder. If you could recommend a good outpatient mental health resource preferably within the town limits of Wizard City, I would greatly appreciate it.

I do not want to travel to some place far from home like Drum Jungle or Celestia for help. Thank you for your kind consideration. If he doesn't get better soon, particularly before battle with Morganthe, I'm going to give him some post-traumatic stress disorder to go with his many other problems.

DeathBlossom, Transended Deth

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Champion
May 03, 2011
My giraffe is in need of some mental health therapy. He cannot concentrate during battle, he constantly looks behind us, his demeanor is generally crabby and depressed, and his attention span is very low.

I believe he might have attention deficit disorder, paranoia, depression, and bi-polar personality disorder. If you could recommend a good outpatient mental health resource preferably within the town limits of Wizard City, I would greatly appreciate it.

I do not want to travel to some place far from home like Drum Jungle or Celestia for help. Thank you for your kind consideration. If he doesn't get better soon, particularly before battle with Morganthe, I'm going to give him some post-traumatic stress disorder to go with his many other problems.

I have also been concerned about what seems to be an emotional issue for giraffes. My son has one, and he (the giraffe, not the son) is constantly looking backward, as if expecting a sudden attack of unknown origin. This paranoia keeps him (again, the giraffe, not the son) from giving battles the attention they deserve, and may in fact lead to some dire consequences if not remedied. I do not know of a good pet therapist anywhere in the Spiral, but perhaps a trip somewhere relaxing--the Oasis, maybe--would help your giraffe regain his confidence and courage. Then again, feeding him some tasty, high-stat gear might also help.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
Uh I believe he's being humorous with a bit of sarcasm included......

I found it to be highly entertaining myself.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Maybe giraffes are just more paranoid or may because they are tall and you are doing all the fighting it is looking for "friends" hatch with - who knows.
Is it distracting I can imagine that, so tell me is it? that bird flying about is funny to watch too.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2011
Oh... HAHAHAAaaaa... oh my gosh. That made my day! Thanks!

Send 'im my way and i'll straighten 'im out. I seen a couple TV programs about doctoring, so I know a thing or two, even though i've no tickets to show it. :P

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
This was interesting topic, I cant really say is the Author being serious or not..?

But hey yea it does kinda look sad sometimes, I still wonder where I can find that Doctor? My Kraken needs to check on his sneezing problem...

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Lol maybe it's a thing with life pets especially. I've noticed the same thing with my Forest Lord.

So which one do you suppose is more seriously ill - the life pets or the sneezing Kraken?

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009