Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-2-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Thanks for bearing with us on the same Feedback Friday for a few weeks, but it's back!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

For those of you who have ventured into Zafaria, there is a quest called Art History, which sends you to check out some cave paintings. It was a little bit of wizardry to get those drawings to do what they did. What do you think about this quest? Amazingly cool? Wished it was just another find-the-book quest? Think it would be cool either way? Inquiring minds want to know...

Have a wonderful weekend! Stay warm out there! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
May 29, 2009
i personally think it was refreshing turn than from the usual "find the book" quests, the animations were very well done also as the narrator described the cave paintings.

Thought the only downside is there's shoule've been more of these paintings.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
It's a fun quest, and I like seeing the cave paintings move (I accidently came across one on the Nemean Rock and the sudden "Goal Completed" sound effect made me jump for a second.) More quests like this plz!
William Crowthistle
8)

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Thanks for bearing with us on the same Feedback Friday for a few weeks, but it's back!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

For those of you who have ventured into Zafaria, there is a quest called Art History, which sends you to check out some cave paintings. It was a little bit of wizardry to get those drawings to do what they did. What do you think about this quest? Amazingly cool? Wished it was just another find-the-book quest? Think it would be cool either way? Inquiring minds want to know...

They were cool, but I would love to have them repeatable and all the other books as Rereadable.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Even though I have only seen two so far, I LOVED IT. I love following the storyline and it gets boring after a while of just reading books. I liked seeing how it played out like on a "magical television". Gives us a visual of the history. Something I would liked to see changed, though, is being able to replay the videos like having a magical remote to the magical televisions. Sometimes, the video catches you off guard while your looking away.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
I personally like the idea of not having the "find a book, hit X" quest. It's cool how there is an animation.

But for every "find the book" quest, I wish you could repeat the stories.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

Yes I loved the drawings they were very cute !!! Thank you Kingsisle for all the cool creations you do love it.... your wizard Grace jadestone

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
Although I have only found the first two, I REALLY like the Art History books. I'm glad they are not the same old books on a pedestal. The animation is a wonderful touch. I can just imagine the books in Krokotopia being heiroglyphics that come to life... :-)

Thanks for all you do. I think Zafaria is beautiful and amazing. I'm really enjoying it.

Madeline Soulhaven, Legendary Pyromancer - approaching Transcended...

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
I for one like the new way of finding the art work.
Though at first was kinda confusing cause I was actually
looking for a book or book type art.

Though the one thing that I think you really missed out on was
the boat rides to the various worlds in the new world.
It would have been real COOL if you could have done it
like the balloon rides at Marley Bone or the boat ride
in Krok to the outer island.

All in all it was a fun quest with fresh content.
Nice job. ;-)

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
I wish it was more involved, in length and depth. i found it very interesting and informative. ty for the history and lessen learned.

Dustin Starwalker
Hero of Zafaria
Legendary artisan

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I think it was a much better way to do a locate history books quest. i would like to see some of the cut away scene stuff in new worlds when they come out.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
I like it.
I even commented to a friend who plays Wizard101 that I like the direction you went with it, as opposed to more books.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I loved it. They seemed to add to the culture and feel of Zafaria. Would love to see more like them.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 68 life

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
:D I love it!! Change is good sometimes! I really love Zafaria. You should also make a jungle world qith tigers and snakes :)! It would be so cool! Thnx for everything.

Love,

Dakota Goldensinger
lvl 61 Pyromancer

~Fight fire with fire XD

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
Hi Professor,

I liked the wall painting quest - it was much better than the older find a book or a rock quests. If I had any criticism - it should have been a little harder to find. Put the wall painting in a cave that we might not naturally go into, make it more of a hunt. They could even be a little longer in that case. One of the things I really like about the whole new world is the artwork. It is just brilliant. I dont find some of the new spells very practical, but use them just to see the detailed artistry in them again and again :) Count me among the happy Life/Fire/Ice/Balance wizards.

Sincerely,
Jonathon Shadowrider

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
I like this quest as opposed to the books. It makes me have to notice my surroundings rather than just follow that little arrow. :-)

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I thought that quest was AMAZING! I loved it when the painting came to life and started moving around, or appearing. Nice work KI! I hope to see some more things like that in the future.javascript:emoticon('');

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
I think it is SUPER cool. Its really cool because it isnt like other games were the paintings are pixilated.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2009
Although I have not yet "finished" that quest, I like it. I like the deviation from find the books. I think there should have been more to find though. Otherwise overall good...good animation to them so far and good narration. Keep up the good work everyone.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I liked it. The paintings themselves were not as obvious as a book pedestal but only having to be in proximity to one to 'find' it was a nice change. They fit the theme of the world better as well.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I think this was a great quest the paintings came alive it was much more fun then just collecting books. I would have liked more of them. I enjoyed the animation very much.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
I was really impressed with this very creative quest. I am an adult and I often play with my young daughter, and I can't wait for my daughter to see this quest. The artistry of the moving cave drawings is an excellent addition to an already visually stunning Zafaria. I would love to see more quests that have unusual visual effects, because it adds another dimension to the game play, and it makes the game feel fresh, and exciting.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
I really like how the story walls come to life. It's a very refreshing change and draws you into the game and story. I like how it really fits into the overall concept of Zafaria too.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I actually really liked them, was better than the books and more interesting!

Also, a lot of story telling in the old days were from drawings on walls, so it is a great way to teach history as well!