Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I have been muted for 10 Years

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Hello I have been muted for 10 years and I would like to have my text chat back. My friend got mad at me and stole my account, I never gave him my password or anything and I am still puzzled on how he got into my account and changed my details and everything, but Wizard101 was nice enough to go through my account and fix it up.

Now I have a membership and I would like my text chat returned.

I never violated any rules and I am a fan of Wizard101.

Thank you!

Administrator
You were permanently muted for use of language not appropriate for our community.

You can learn more about your sanction by contacting our customer support department at <a href="mailto:support@wizard101.com">support@wizard101.com</a>

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
Not to be mean but Wizard101 hasn't even been running for ten years :-) .

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
The sanction given has nothing to do with Wizard101's age. It is how long the player will have to use Menu Chat to communicate in game. The OP's text or open chat privileges have been taken away for 10 years.

Megan

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Historian
May 01, 2010
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
The sanction given has nothing to do with Wizard101's age. It is how long the player will have to use Menu Chat to communicate in game. The OP's text or open chat privileges have been taken away for 10 years.

Megan

Though, I wonder, what happens if they do persevere those 10 years? Does it just reset or something?

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
That's what happens if you say something inappropriate in the game, sorry.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:

Megan

Though, I wonder, what happens if they do persevere those 10 years? Does it just reset or something?

I would think at that time the chat privileges would be restored. 10 years would be up. Megan

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
It never ceases to amaze me at the people who will feign innocence in these matters,in a public forum even,setting aside the fact that KI has a hard copy of all that has transpired.

" Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:

Megan

Idk about that, but I do know for a fact that wizards who are muted such as the OP are still able to start fresh accounts that are not muted and thereby avoid the penalty for their actions. I know this because I know someone who has done this very thing. (And I think it's wrong.) It is well known by pvp'ers that this is an easy way to become an un-muted player.

So I wonder, KI, is there anything that can be done about such an easy work around to being muted? Because it seems to me that someone who will talk in such a way as to be muted on one account will continue to talk in the same manner with a new account.

Qbb

Administrator
queenlybluebean wrote:

Idk about that, but I do know for a fact that wizards who are muted such as the OP are still able to start fresh accounts that are not muted and thereby avoid the penalty for their actions. I know this because I know someone who has done this very thing. (And I think it's wrong.) It is well known by pvp'ers that this is an easy way to become an un-muted player.

So I wonder, KI, is there anything that can be done about such an easy work around to being muted? Because it seems to me that someone who will talk in such a way as to be muted on one account will continue to talk in the same manner with a new account.

Qbb

We have the ability (and exercise it often) to revoke chat privileges for any and all accounts by that person, current and future.
If the first sanctioned account is a lesson to be learned, then we feel it's a good one. Many 'second' accounts go on to be productive members of the community without incurring a single infraction. Then again, if it's proven that someone repeatedly cannot abide by the rules in place, they will find themselves permanently unable to use the chat, or in some cases, unable to access any current accounts or create new accounts.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
kwikkar wrote:
Not to be mean but Wizard101 hasn't even been running for ten years :-) .

OP is saying that he was muted for 10 years recently, OP is not saying that he has lived though 10 years of being muted

Hunter LegendWraith level64 necromancer

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We have the ability (and exercise it often) to revoke chat privileges for any and all accounts by that person, current and future.
If the first sanctioned account is a lesson to be learned, then we feel it's a good one. Many 'second' accounts go on to be productive members of the community without incurring a single infraction. Then again, if it's proven that someone repeatedly cannot abide by the rules in place, they will find themselves permanently unable to use the chat, or in some cases, unable to access any current accounts or create new accounts.

Professor, You are a disciplinarian after my own heart.

It's simply wonderful to see the thought the KI staff puts into redirecting wizards' behaviors, and teaching (us) the rules of civility.

Thank you for the reply, and thank you for helping to keep my children safe in the Spiral.

Warmest Regards,

Queenlybluebean

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Professor, You are a disciplinarian after my own heart.

It's simply wonderful to see the thought the KI staff puts into redirecting wizards' behaviors, and teaching (us) the rules of civility.

Thank you for the reply, and thank you for helping to keep my children safe in the Spiral.

Warmest Regards,

Queenlybluebean

I second Queenlybluebean's response.

Thanks so much to all the KI staff for their work addressing this problem. :D

Megan

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I support Kingsisle in their effort to keep this game a safe, family friendly enviroment all the way even though i may have done something to get me muted and i completely understand. But I have one question. In the F.A.Q. didn't Mr. Lincoln say he would send instructions by Email how to appeal the mute?

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Whoa, KI sure doesn't want foul language. I can imagine a 10 year old getting banned for 10 years then getting on when he is 20 and finally can talk.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
Nice use of the ban hammer KI, thanks for keeping Wizard101 a family friendly place

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
I was also muted for 10 years just 3 months ago after being tricked by a good friend in real life and in game and he stole my account after said info was exchanged with false promises of crowns and pop leveling but I didn't really know what would happen plz kai I am asking for an appeal to my mute! I can't even tell my friends I want them to add my new guy and meet up wit them I have played wiz101 for 4 years and didn't have a single incident until now. I even had a beta account! Plz kI for the good plz give me my chat back!

Administrator
You were muted instead of being outright banned from playing the game, young Wizard.

Exchange of personal and/or account information is a ban-able offense. You got off easy just being muted. I hope your lesson, though a hard one, was learned.

jjn902 wrote:
I was also muted for 10 years just 3 months ago after being tricked by a good friend in real life and in game and he stole my account after said info was exchanged with false promises of crowns and pop leveling but I didn't really know what would happen plz kai I am asking for an appeal to my mute! I can't even tell my friends I want them to add my new guy and meet up wit them I have played wiz101 for 4 years and didn't have a single incident until now. I even had a beta account! Plz kI for the good plz give me my chat back!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Uhm, the login screen itself says "NEVER share your password - You'll lose your wizard forever!" It is right there in front of you. I do not believe you had no idea you could get banned or muted. You are lucky you didn't lose your account. The trustability of your friend is a moot point. You violated the rules.
jjn902 wrote:
I was also muted for 10 years just 3 months ago after being tricked by a good friend in real life and in game and he stole my account after said info was exchanged with false promises of crowns and pop leveling but I didn't really know what would happen

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
Yes I have professor but I have a question. If I were to appeal my muting would I have any chance of getting unmuted? I have been a reliable test server problem source for years and this was also my only in game offense ever