Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Has PvP been revised?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
I know they rarely ever post any revisions done to PvP, however, I went and was watching and observing PvP today and guess what I found?

Most matchups, were within 10 levels of eachother!

A couple matches were 15 levels apart, however, the Ranking score was seriously low to a slightly higher level to a slightly high lower level.

Nothing that would suggest the serious mismatches that have been taking place in the past.

Now, I am not sure, because I did not play any pvp matches today, but how is the scoring for wins/losses? Any better than it was?

Maybe KI is finally listening and trying to get PvP right.

I know a lot of people with still always complain about pets, treasure cards, criticals, or the power of a school, but hey, these are complaints and not real issues!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Darth the answer to your question about matchups lies within the point system which had been changed then reverted.

The matching system works by averaging level and rank, as you already know. The extreme mis matches we fought against here in the forums was a result of kingsisle changing the way points were awarded due to people complaining about their low level higher ranked characters getting low points for beating higher level privates. The side effect? Well they changed it then Low and mid levels flew up the ranks (my initiate fire went from hovering at 1030 to 1545 in one day) but what was also happening is that less experienced legend privates were getting smashed hard and losing big points against low and mid levels creating massive amounts of legend sub privates (some under 100 rank) that were consistently matching up with low levels like you described.

What we found out after the change was that the point system was more closely tied into the matching system as we once thought. Long story short they changed it back due to me and many others ( like yourself) that were upset with the wild west type of extreme matchups happening.

So to anyone else whining about the challenge of the point system--> they tried to change it and it really messed up pvp... If you don't like the challeng of small point gains for losing to a higher level with private rank do something else, don't come here whining.

Anyway all good now darth

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I'm pretty sure they never made anything to do that, I think it's just chance. I could be wrong though

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Have a battle yourself and see how ok pvp really is, if not suit yourself by my opinion pvp has been the same and piercing isnt a problem as people thought it was.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
travisAk wrote:
Darth the answer to your question about matchups lies within the point system which had been changed then reverted.

The matching system works by averaging level and rank, as you already know. The extreme mis matches we fought against here in the forums was a result of kingsisle changing the way points were awarded due to people complaining about their low level higher ranked characters getting low points for beating higher level privates. The side effect? Well they changed it then Low and mid levels flew up the ranks (my initiate fire went from hovering at 1030 to 1545 in one day) but what was also happening is that less experienced legend privates were getting smashed hard and losing big points against low and mid levels creating massive amounts of legend sub privates (some under 100 rank) that were consistently matching up with low levels like you described.

What we found out after the change was that the point system was more closely tied into the matching system as we once thought. Long story short they changed it back due to me and many others ( like yourself) that were upset with the wild west type of extreme matchups happening.

So to anyone else whining about the challenge of the point system--> they tried to change it and it really messed up pvp... If you don't like the challeng of small point gains for losing to a higher level with private rank do something else, don't come here whining.

Anyway all good now darth

To all new forum members, below is the link to the genesis of what TravisAk is referring to:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/37585.ftl#209538

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
I know they rarely ever post any revisions done to PvP, however, I went and was watching and observing PvP today and guess what I found?

A couple matches were 15 levels apart, however, the Ranking score was seriously low to a slightly higher level to a slightly high lower level.

Nothing that would suggest the serious mismatches that have been taking place in the past.

Now, I am not sure, because I did not play any pvp matches today, but how is the scoring for wins/losses? Any better than it was?

I know a lot of people with still always complain about pets, treasure cards, criticals, or the power of a school, but hey, these are complaints and not real issues!

Thank you KI!

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Amen. thnx K.I.