Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Impressed with Dragonspyre Once Again

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
So I am doing DS for the third time, with my Life Wiz. I have two in Zafaria now, and a Storm just starting MS. I don't think I ever fully appreciated the level of detail and the awesome storyline of DS until now, however. I just did that Grand Chasm dungeon where you go back into the past, and I noticed all over again the flowing water (not lava) and the living trees. Life before the Titan attack, before Malistaire. Extremely cool--a classic fantasy moment. This is, I think, the best world in the Spiral for story and character development. I missed that in Celestia, and I'm missing it in Zafaria so far. Those worlds look cool, but they don't have the sheer drama and attention to detail that the designers put into DS. I think there's more pressure to develop worlds fast now, and that's why Zafaria in particular seems to lack story (I'm only in Zamunda, so maybe it gets better). That's too bad--I'd love to see more content with the dramatic intensity of the DS storyline.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I would have to agree :) I have 2 legend students (hit legend early helping others) who just got out of DS at lvl 63 lol, and though they've been to CL and zafaria to help others, I actually (and oddly lol) went to sleep thinking of how I may miss DS and it's awesome looking details. (a moment when you know you are addicted to wizard101, when you go to sleep thinking of your favorite worlds or that 'hey i may have enough energy back to finish gardening or time slots to craft', so you get back out of bed, lol-adult here and way addicted :) )
I dont know about anyone else but when doing the drake hatchery questing, after hatching my own little guy I was so disappointed that I didnt get to keep him, he was so cool looking. I think the developers should consider giving us the actual dragon that hatches for our pet collection, that would be so cool, he was the cutest little dragon guy ever! I wanted to name him and take him home, I so thought the storyline would actually give us the guy we hatched at that stage of the game :(

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
The Reason for that is because its the final world to the Malistaire Saga. They would put much detail into a world that consists of a showdown with the once thought main boss. Morganthe is the new boss, and she is truly putting up a fight. My beliefs from the prophecy she stated that the final world for the Morganthe saga would be the shadow realm or something that has to do with Umbra-like material. One of the winners of the costume contest (The one with the moon staff) could be a clue for the final world and the equipment.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I completely agree with your statements about Dragonspyre, but after the end of Zafaria, I'm starting to get the same feeling I once had during Dragonspyre.

The end of Celestia was anti-climatic because the Trial of Spheres was so disconnected from the Morganthe storyline (we were helping them protect astral magic from Morganthe, but they wanted to fight us????). However, the events of Zafaria is starting to build up the same fervor I felt when I started Dragonspyre and was ultimately delivered with the Malistaire fight. I thought Mirror Lake was an excellent storyline and I can't wait for what happens next.

So longer story short.....wait until you see the rest of the storyline at the end of Zafaria, that might change your mind.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
DragonSpyre used to be the world. The big one, the finisher, the King of all worlds, the Climax, the Pinnacle, the final destination, the big Kahuna, the big cheese (mmm....I could really go for some cheese right now...... but I digress), it was the last world and the developers wanted it to be in a word... magnificent. It was the climax of the story for goodness sake!!! It had to be amazing or people would complain!!!!

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
tabby714 wrote:
So I am doing DS for the third time, with my Life Wiz. I have two in Zafaria now, and a Storm just starting MS. I don't think I ever fully appreciated the level of detail and the awesome storyline of DS until now, however. I just did that Grand Chasm dungeon where you go back into the past, and I noticed all over again the flowing water (not lava) and the living trees. Life before the Titan attack, before Malistaire. Extremely cool--a classic fantasy moment. This is, I think, the best world in the Spiral for story and character development. I missed that in Celestia, and I'm missing it in Zafaria so far. Those worlds look cool, but they don't have the sheer drama and attention to detail that the designers put into DS. I think there's more pressure to develop worlds fast now, and that's why Zafaria in particular seems to lack story (I'm only in Zamunda, so maybe it gets better). That's too bad--I'd love to see more content with the dramatic intensity of the DS storyline.
I agree it has drama and it's good to have a little drama...but it's too much!I'm always deppresed when i am in Draonspyre!THought i like the ruins and concept art.