Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Curious question regarding treasure cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Just in the past recently I have noticed that when I am in battle
with a MOB or just in a dungeon, If I discard over 8 treasure cards looking for the right one, my option to chose goes away.

Is there a limit to how many you can discard in any one fight ??
If I have all side deck slots filled, do I get the option to
use ALL the treasures or just a few??

Thnx in advance.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
rudedog01 wrote:
with a MOB or just in a dungeon, If I discard over 8 treasure cards looking for the right one, my option to chose goes away.

Thnx in advance.

It is possible you have a glitch.

But, if you will look to the left of your in-battle card selection, you will see that it shows you how many available cards you have. It will look like this: 15/60. So if you have a total of 60 cards loaded and you have used or dumped a lot of spells, the left side shows you how many you have left to choose from. That count does include treasure cards. Your only option to return those cards to the deck is to use Reshuffle.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
rudedog01 wrote:

Thnx in advance.

But, if you will look to the left of your in-battle card selection, you will see that it shows you how many available cards you have. It will look like this: 15/60. So if you have a total of 60 cards loaded and you have used or dumped a lot of spells, the left side shows you how many you have left to choose from. That count does include treasure cards. Your only option to return those cards to the deck is to use Reshuffle.

Yep, I do realize the count to the left.
Guess what I am trying to say is this.
If I have say 60 STANDARD spell slots and say 18 SIDE deck slots
for treasure cards.
When I go thru a battle and start to discard my TREASURE cards
that I dont need looking for one I do.
I get to about 8 or 9 cards, then it will no longer give me the option
for a treasure selections. Even though I have 10 or 11 treasure unused
and "should" be available.

Just tested this again and same thing.
Maybe it is a bug... Not sure.
Thnx for the reply though

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
rudedog01 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
rudedog01 wrote:

Thnx in advance.

for treasure cards.

Are you trying to select "more than 8 or 9 treasure cards" in one round of battle.

If you are, then that is your problem. You may draw a treasure card, but you cannot "discard that treasure card" until the next round. If you drew 8 or 9 new treasure cards in one round, then you must wait to draw new ones in the next round.

If you wait for the next round, you should be able to "discard" all of the treasure cards showing, and then draw another batch of new ones. But again, you can not "discard" the new ones until the next round.

Does that sound confusing? :(

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
rudedog01 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
rudedog01 wrote:

Thnx in advance.

for treasure cards.

It may be a bug. I would think you would be able to Draw and Discard until you had pulled them all. I have never run into but I would suggest contacting support just in case. That way if it is they can get it fixed.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
OK, so here's what I do when this happens.

In battle with full deck and full side deck.
EXAMPLE: This in not actual but for example....
round 1: Discard REGULAR spells (2) for treasure spells = dont find the one I need.
Now that's 2 regular spells.

round 2: Discard Regular spells (2) and the (2) previous treasure cards for new treasure spells = dont find the one I need.
Now that's 2 regular and 2 treasure

Round3: Discard Regular spells (2) and the (2) previous treasure spells for new treasure spells = dont find the one I need.

round 4: Discard regular spells (2) and the (2) previous treasure spells for new treasure spells = Wont let me chose a treasure cause the button is grayed out.
WHY, not sure.
By my count I should still have plenty of treasures left to chose from..

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
rudedog01 wrote:
OK, so here's what I do when this happens.

In battle with full deck and full side deck.
EXAMPLE: This in not actual but for example....
round 1: Discard REGULAR spells (2) for treasure spells = dont find the one I need.
Now that's 2 regular spells.

round 2: Discard Regular spells (2) and the (2) previous treasure cards for new treasure spells = dont find the one I need.

Round3: Discard Regular spells (2) and the (2) previous treasure spells for new treasure spells = dont find the one I need.

round 4: Discard regular spells (2) and the (2) previous treasure spells for new treasure spells = Wont let me chose a treasure cause the button is grayed out.
WHY, not sure.
By my count I should still have plenty of treasures left to chose from..

Using this example, you really would not have plenty of treasure cards left.

Since you only have "7" regular cards to start with in a battle, by round 4 you would have only "1" regulard card and 6 treasure cards showing. So you need to discard 1 regular and 3 treasure cards.

And since you have been drawing "4" treasure cards since round 2, at round 5 you have now drawn all of your treasure cards (assuming you have 18 as you mentioned earlier).