Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Black Palace Problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2009

Wasn't this beta tested enough:
1) Why can't my friends teleport in to Black Palace?
It says u can't teleport inside!!
2) I have a group of 4 players on the 4 sigils going inside and Then I am the Only that shows up inside what is up with that??
3) I tryed it SOLO and I had to fight Goliath & 3 BLack Cultists (4 vs 1) How Messed Up is that??? and Of Course I DIED!!
What is with all the Problems w/ Black Palace. This is part of the main story line if u can't complete this then the GAME IS OVER because u can't continue. End of Story!!!
FYI - U have already Ruin/Destoryed Solo play w/ NEW price of henchman!

Historian
May 01, 2010
mage957 wrote:

Wasn't this beta tested enough:
1) Why can't my friends teleport in to Black Palace?
It says u can't teleport inside!!
2) I have a group of 4 players on the 4 sigils going inside and Then I am the Only that shows up inside what is up with that??
3) I tryed it SOLO and I had to fight Goliath & 3 BLack Cultists (4 vs 1) How Messed Up is that??? and Of Course I DIED!!
What is with all the Problems w/ Black Palace. This is part of the main story line if u can't complete this then the GAME IS OVER because u can't continue. End of Story!!!
FYI - U have already Ruin/Destoryed Solo play w/ NEW price of henchman!

1) One word: FREELOADERS have you seen the xp it gives? And everyone is too narrow minded to tell they will need it later much more. (At least the ones asking to go there)
2) You may have already been there (or the others), and this is the game trying to get you back into your instance alone when this happens, tell everyone to go back out, and you log out, then try again. If it doesnt work then, try all of you logging out, then try again.
3) Of course its hard, would an easy dungeon give 40,000 xp?
FYI) You never were forced to buy the henchmen, you can use a minion, or tough it out.
Only 2 may be a problem, but 1, 3, and FYI are meant to be that way.

Survivor
May 11, 2010
I'm having a similar problems. I usually solo things but when I tried to solo The Black Palace it was too hard so I asked my friend for help and he couldn't teleport in to me. I tried asking someone else for help who had already been there and when they got on the sigil only I was inside afterwards and they couldn't teleport inside to help me either. I was thinking that maybe I need to find someone who has the quest at the same time as I do but that's going to be pretty hard.
I just dislike it because I like to solo and no matter how many time I try it I always get beat and it's just because I'm outnumbered. I'm not trying to whine about anything, just saying that it would be easier on people who solo if they only made you fight two things at a time like normal. I've been in dungeons where that happens and it was a lot of help because then you know you can at least complete the quest instead of spending all your time trying to beat one place.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Yes, I tried to help a friend and couldn't port in. Even though I had ALREADY completed the quest. I can understand KI wanting to discourage power-leveling freeloaders. Absolutely. But they should let wizards who are ahead in the quest line help those who are doing the Palace for the first time. Otherwise it's just a way to get people to hire henchmen--and many can't, especially at the new prices. Minions--well, if you are a great player, maybe you can use your 350-700 health minion to help defeat those four cultists who use drains nearly every turn. But I think most people use their minions rarely, and are not strategic enough to make them work in a situation like this.

This should be tweaked, for sure. And maybe someone should start a thread in the "problems" section, too. Because it is a problem.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
This dungeon works as it is suppose to, pretty much the same as WaterWorks does, I have done it a few times now.

You must start it with people who have or have had the quest, no one can port in to you no matter what level they are, you can not get defeated in there and then try to reenter with help or more help with out waiting for the dungeon to reset which usually takes around 30 mins. or you log off and back on, this is designed this way so you can reenter and resume fighting if you have managed to defeat parts of it.

Quite simple really and if you think about it there are other dungeon areas around the Spiral that are designed like this, BriskBreeze, MarlyBone Warehouse, Helephant Tower, Water Works just to name a few. Worked correctly it is designed to work in your favor not against you.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
brwac wrote:
This dungeon works as it is suppose to, pretty much the same as WaterWorks does, I have done it a few times now.

You must start it with people who have or have had the quest, no one can port in to you no matter what level they are, you can not get defeated in there and then try to reenter with help or more help with out waiting for the dungeon to reset which usually takes around 30 mins. or you log off and back on, this is designed this way so you can reenter and resume fighting if you have managed to defeat parts of it.

Quite simple really and if you think about it there are other dungeon areas around the Spiral that are designed like this, BriskBreeze, MarlyBone Warehouse, Helephant Tower, Water Works just to name a few. Worked correctly it is designed to work in your favor not against you.

All of those dungeons you name are side dungeons and are not needed to continue playing the game. The Black tower is required in the main story line for Zafaria. So it isn't the same thing. I have stopped at the Mirror Lake and cant go farther because it cant be done solo anymore (I was able to solo it during test - it was difficult but doable) Not being able to do main quest objectives solo was the main reason I canceled my subscription to a similiar game a few years back. If KI keeps going in this direction I will end up canceling all three of my wizard accounts and finding something else that doesn't require me to beg other people to help just to progress in the game.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
TamelaD wrote:
brwac wrote:

All of those dungeons you name are side dungeons and are not needed to continue playing the game. The Black tower is required in the main story line for Zafaria. So it isn't the same thing. I have stopped at the Mirror Lake and cant go farther because it cant be done solo anymore (I was able to solo it during test - it was difficult but doable) Not being able to do main quest objectives solo was the main reason I canceled my subscription to a similiar game a few years back. If KI keeps going in this direction I will end up canceling all three of my wizard accounts and finding something else that doesn't require me to beg other people to help just to progress in the game.

Sorry to confuse you, I do solo mainly and there are several other required for the main story line dungeons/towers/caves what have you, that work this way also. I go in defeat what I could and return usually to finish off the remaining boss. I agree game play for some areas does get held up for me since I tend not to amass quests and work on one at a time so if I attempt and get defeated 3 times I need help. I have waited out side some towers for up to an hour for someone to wander by, I have also met some pretty rude players this way and really not a fan of playing that way.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009

</div>
</blockquote>
All of those dungeons you name are side dungeons and are not needed to continue playing the game. The Black tower is required in the main story line for Zafaria. So it isn't the same thing. I have stopped at the Mirror Lake and cant go farther because it cant be done solo anymore (I was able to solo it during test - it was difficult but doable) Not being able to do main quest objectives solo was the main reason I canceled my subscription to a similiar game a few years back. If KI keeps going in this direction I will end up canceling all three of my wizard accounts and finding something else that doesn't require me to beg other people to help just to progress in the game.</div>
</blockquote>

Sorry to confuse you, I do solo mainly and there are several other required for the main story line dungeons/towers/caves what have you, that work this way also. I go in defeat what I could and return usually to finish off the remaining boss. I agree game play for some areas does get held up for me since I tend not to amass quests and work on one at a time so if I attempt and get defeated 3 times I need help. I have waited out side some towers for up to an hour for someone to wander by, I have also met some pretty rude players this way and really not a fan of playing that way.</div>
</blockquote>

I'm not really that, umm whats the word, social? I guess that works. That means i get stuck with a boss or dungeon and have to do a gazillon sidequests to getpowerful enough to go through.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I would be happy to help anyone who needs to finish the palace. I'm usually on at night, and sometimes late afternoons--although I won't be on for the next couple of days. There are also people n Central who are ready and willing to lend a hand, so you might check that out, as well. But hopefully KI will ease up on the porting restrictions so that more people can get through these difficult areas of Zafaria.

Tabitha Mythrider, Level 70 Myth
Tabitha Ravenheart, Level 70 Death