Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how should i make my storm deck?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
i'm a lvl 70 storm

i have learned all the way through myth to get earthquake

i trained in life to satyr

i trained elemental blades, traps and reshuffles

i have trained up to tower shield in ice.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
Hey robodude! In game, I'm Valkoor Stormrunner, lvl 69 pvp knight. Here is what my deck looks like:

Gargantuan x 6
Monstrous x 3
Darkwind x 7
Insane Bolt x 3
Lighting Bats/Tempest x 7 (It depends on if i'm doing 1v1 or 2v2-4v4)
Wild Bolt x 7
Reshuffle x 1

Treasure cards:

Tower Shield x 15
Vengeance x 15

Equipment Cards

Storm Hound x 1
Storm Elf x 1
Burst x 5 (110 balance wand)

As you can see, the key to storm pvp is spamming. And actually, 1v1 is easier than 2v2 because your bolts, which are your best moves, hit everyone, there being only one wizard. You will want to set up your Darkwind and Vengeance, fast. Then you simply spam with a Tower Shield or 2 here and to put a stop to spells like Gnomes and Efreet.

Now on the topic of gear, H2Oworks gear is nice, but as a storm critical really matters. So, I suggest replacing either the hat or robe with a Zafaria hat or robe (better critical). I'm not much of a farmer, so I have Wintertusk ring and athame, but if you have the time, please get Tower of the Helephant ring and athame. Your wand should give some Critical and Block, and make sure you have storm hound amulet. Your pet should be specially designed to give Storm Hound or Storm Elf for the dot, but still have spritely and probably resist, too.

You probably won't want to copy my deck exactly. So, I will explain the key to making an effective deck. View your deck in blocks. Like one block of my deck is:

Storm Hound x 1
Storm Elf x 1
Burst x 5

This block clears shields. Another block is:

Darkwind x 7

This is my boost. It works because people view simple ratios such as 4/7 better than large ones like 7/60. You should have roughly 7 blocks in your deck since you will draw 7 cards, but it's ok to have a bit more or less. You can also have a few extra cards thrown in if you only want to draw them here and there. Now, about treasure cards, you have to use them to be any good. The treasure card deck has 3 uses listed from most important to least:

(1) Giving you cards you don't have
(2) Giving you more of a card you use allot
(3) Giving a stronger form of a card

That's all there is. Just make sure you make your treasure card deck the same way as your main deck. Good luck!