Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deck's and Discard's

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
Have noticed an issue with the deck's and discard's and wonder if other people have noticed it too. Seams to me that when we finish a fight the discard pile is simply placed at the bottom of a deck and starts from there in the next battle. Eventually this causes a problem as several similar cards may be used in succession and cause , for lack of a better term, a pile up in the deck. For example lets say your in a fight and you have to use like 5-6 heal cards in a row .... these get discarded and then after the fight placed at the bottom of the deck. Now 3-4 fights later you get to the spot were the heal cards were placed and now you have a problem. The next 5-6 cards you pull are all heals. Fine for staying alive but not for killing the enemy. I may be wrong here but shouldn't the deck be auto shuffled at the start of each new battle so that this problem is ,perhaps not eliminated , but at least lessened. Even with an auto shuffle you will run into this problem however i don't think it would be nearly as common as it is right now. Just a suggestion from an avid fan and player

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
It is shuffled. I keep very spartan decks to easily get to the ones I need, and I can confirm that the cards are, in fact, fully shuffled. So it sounds to me like you've just been unlucky.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I run a very lean deck on my wizards, about 20 cards and I have times when all my traps and blades come up at once or all my hit cards and I don't discard very much. I use a school deck but don't usually buy past level 40, so I can put up to four of hit cards & blades/traps for boss fights but usually is 3 of each and 2 sprites which I can discard the first one and wait for the second if things are going ok. In the beginning with my first wizard I used to run a full deck but slowly realized I never used the cards, so much easier to go into fight blade/trap and hit, rinse and repeat as needed. I think it's the luck of the draw, most of the time I get my blades and traps and a hit card in first hand.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Your deck is reshuffled with each new battle. You may want to remove some cards from your deck. I've found the more cards, the less chance of getting what you actually need.