Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Special hound pets on canada gift cards only?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I've been seeing various types of new hounds around the wizard city hatchery the past few weeks. I just saw a new magenta hound and the kid informed me it came from a canada gift card though he got it from a hatch with someone that had it.
I dont know about anyone else, but i'm kinda bummed that canada has all these neat hounds available and we dont. Cautious, Magenta, Watchful and Safety hounds... we in the US can only get them from hatching with someone that has one, and idk about anyone else but everyone i've ask at the hatchery that has one is really picky about who or what they will hatch their hound with. Plus there are some other special hounds like Danger hound, that were promo type pets. I kind of would like to see all these old promo pets brought in for purchase in pet shops or the crown shop, along with old promo mounts. I've seen a few striped tiger mounts running around, i'd love one of those.
***and is anyone else hoping they give us more dye options for the fierce hound than just 4 colors? Why only 4 colors? My storm student wears purple, my life student wears orange... I love the fierce hound for it's most useful healing talent, but would like my hounds to match my students :)
(speaking of colors, why does a guys orange seem burnt orange and girls is mustard yellowish orange?? :( I like the burnt orange color of the guys clothing better )

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
At this point, your best option for these pets is hatching with someone that has them if you are a US resident. It has long been a lament of folks in other countries that they can't get pets that we can get from US gift cards. Because of that, I don't have any problem with someone else having something special too. LOL, hope I can find some Canadian friends in the near future!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I'm not sure why your bummed that you cannot get these exclusive pets without hatching, seeing how Canadians cannot get the exclusive pets from the United States game cards without hatching either.

Canadians had to wait years just to get those cards too !!!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
It would be really cool to have those new types of hounds, but there are tons of them running around the spiral- they have lost their individuality
solution- family road trip to ontario!

PS: i remember when it was just heckhounds!

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
loganrobertson321 wrote:
It would be really cool to have those new types of hounds, but there are tons of them running around the spiral- they have lost their individuality
solution- family road trip to ontario!

PS: i remember when it was just heckhounds!

Lol, i wish i could take a road trip to ontario, but we cant afford a weekend or 1 day trip to the PA Renn Faire :( This is such a bad year

**and I know non US residents dont have access to our types of gift cards and pets also, but these canada only hounds look and seem way cooler than most of the pets we can get from our cards :( I think all types of pet cards should be available to all areas, and I wish people in the hatchery wouldnt be so nit picky when it comes to hatching :(
I have yet to see pets (or furniture/houses) for sale in Wysteria, idk why they have the shops if they arent going to sell stuff. But it would be cool if wysteria's pet shop sold nothing but various types of these hounds we cant find anywhere.

Administrator
As we launch in more retailers throughout the US, some of these pets will open up. The black/purple hound cards can now be purchased through AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service) - learn more at https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card#AAFES

community@wizard101.com