Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Abuse

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I have just recently gotten into PvP. My experience was decent at best. In the 15ish matches that I played, I came across two types of players: wizards that had no idea what they were doing and wizards that spammed tower shield and treasure cards. The former was not exactly fun to play against, but the latter was absolutely ridiculous!

One wizard I went up against was a level 20 myth. He was casting spells such as minotaur and ninja pigs, both of which, in my opinion, he shouldn't have. I don't exactly understand why KI would allow such low level wizards to be able to use these high damaging treasure cards in ranked pvp matches. It truly ruins PvP for new wizards, who will instantly be shut off to PvP when facing someone who spams treasure cards.

A solution? Put a level cap on treasure cards. This will prevent low level characters from spamming 500-600+ damaging cards. PvP should be fun alternative to PvE, not an annoyance that you'll never go to again.

Just my two cents.
Not trying to start anything, just figured I'd put my opinion out there!
:D

Historian
May 01, 2010
I am just saying, ninja pips is only available as a treasure card, and as an item card for one hat that I know of, and that is the Wayfinders hat, 50+ and drops from....the Warehouse. So, he can have that if he wants, saying, there cant be a definite way to decide exactly what the cap sould be....

Also, you got a good lesson from this, always go into the arena prepared for the worst.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ijjob wrote:
I have just recently gotten into PvP. My experience was decent at best. In the 15ish matches that I played, I came across two types of players: wizards that had no idea what they were doing and wizards that spammed tower shield and treasure cards. The former was not exactly fun to play against, but the latter was absolutely ridiculous!

One wizard I went up against was a level 20 myth. He was casting spells such as minotaur and ninja pigs, both of which, in my opinion, he shouldn't have. I don't exactly understand why KI would allow such low level wizards to be able to use these high damaging treasure cards in ranked pvp matches. It truly ruins PvP for new wizards, who will instantly be shut off to PvP when facing someone who spams treasure cards.

A solution? Put a level cap on treasure cards. This will prevent low level characters from spamming 500-600+ damaging cards. PvP should be fun alternative to PvE, not an annoyance that you'll never go to again.

Just my two cents.

Not to be mean or anything, however, if you do the math, most lower levels could not kill the other without treasure cards.

Just because you have not learned how, or like them, does not mean that they are wrong. Treasure cards are as much a part of PvP as wearing gear.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Ijjob wrote:

Just my two cents.

Not to be mean or anything, however, if you do the math, most lower levels could not kill the other without treasure cards.

Just because you have not learned how, or like them, does not mean that they are wrong. Treasure cards are as much a part of PvP as wearing gear.
lol despite my pvp live with it post i agree with you.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Nor did I say they were wrong., and I'm perfectly aware of what treasure cards are. Also, I've had no problem killing people in PvP without the use of any treasure cards. My complaint is how low level PvP turns into who can draw and summon their treasure card the fastest.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ijjob wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Nor did I say they were wrong., and I'm perfectly aware of what treasure cards are. Also, I've had no problem killing people in PvP without the use of any treasure cards. My complaint is how low level PvP turns into who can draw and summon their treasure card the fastest.

Well, once again, this comes down to strategy and how a person sets up their PvP deck and their side deck.

I was just commenting, that it is not abuse to use treasure cards. Some people may not like them and may not like people using them, but they also hate to lose and complain about this that it is a cheat or unfair. So that they can feel better about themself and their loss!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
There is no solution to your misguided problem. You think the lower level fighting you had an advantage over you because he prepared a good side deck? Let's look at the facts shall we?

Health- advantage you
Power pip percentage- you have access to more if you came prepared
Strong main spells- you
Main Deck space- you
Side deck space-you
Treasure cards- equal because you can get the same ones
Gear- equal for arena gear but dropped gear it's still you
Accuracy- you
Resist- I'm certain he had better but only because you failed to prepare, but could a should of been equal

So what exactly was unfair again? Enlighten me plz

Remember the pvp tutorial? They teach you how to draw from your side deck, it's usually the losers (people who lose) that fail to learn this lesson, get beat up (like you) then come here to complain and change the game.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Ijjob,

As you stated, you have just gotten into playing PvP, and there is a hard learning curve.
What you really need to do, is go into the Practice side of PvP and spend some time there. Many of the players you will face off against are just starting, but you also run into plenty that know how to play the game well.

These matches that you loose, are your teachers, just what did they do to beat you. Adjust your deck, (including your treasure cards), and go back in. If you loose or see an issue where you need more of this card or that type of card, add those and remove what you didn't use.

Wait, did I say Treasure cards in Practice, yes, you need to play those even in practice to get your deck set up correctly, plus you need to get the feel for using them.

Before I even entered into Practice pvp, I would go to Central and read every guide that I can, on Pvp for your wizard. Make sure to read them more than once, if you are like me.
It's a long process, and once you start to consistently win, it's time to move over to Ranked.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.
Ice, Balance, Storm, Death, and Myth.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Ijjob wrote:

Just my two cents.

that is true because of how little cards they have and that they have the fairy heal card. seems weird to me

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
travisAk wrote:
There is no solution to your misguided problem. You think the lower level fighting you had an advantage over you because he prepared a good side deck? Let's look at the facts shall we?

Health- advantage you
Power pip percentage- you have access to more if you came prepared
Strong main spells- you
Main Deck space- you
Side deck space-you
Treasure cards- equal because you can get the same ones
Gear- equal for arena gear but dropped gear it's still you
Accuracy- you
Resist- I'm certain he had better but only because you failed to prepare, but could a should of been equal

So what exactly was unfair again? Enlighten me plz

Remember the pvp tutorial? They teach you how to draw from your side deck, it's usually the losers (people who lose) that fail to learn this lesson, get beat up (like you) then come here to complain and change the game.

i like the logic behind your posts they make sense

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
No, just no. Terrible idea. People earn their treasure cards and then they give them to their lower level wizard. Whats wrong with that?