Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WizardGraphicalClient Launcher

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
I'm not sure if that's an appropriate subject name, but I'll get straight to the problem.

My computer has Windows XP, and I've been running W101 for almost six months. Now, ever since the update, it isn't working for me. Was there a patch so that now W101 can only be run with Windows 7? Because that computer isn't liscensed to run Windows 7, and I'm using my sister's computer to run the site, because it won't work on my computer either.

Survivor
May 15, 2011
Survivor
May 18, 2009
I'm also having problems running game since last update on both computers on running windows 7 and other running vista

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
L33tHum4n wrote:
I'm not sure if that's an appropriate subject name, but I'll get straight to the problem.

My computer has Windows XP, and I've been running W101 for almost six months. Now, ever since the update, it isn't working for me. Was there a patch so that now W101 can only be run with Windows 7? Because that computer isn't liscensed to run Windows 7, and I'm using my sister's computer to run the site, because it won't work on my computer either.

Are you getting a error message? because if you are there is a fix for it just give a look at past messages you'll find it....

Thanks for Reading

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
L33tHum4n wrote:

I have XP also and don't have any problems running W101 on it for the most part.

I have had to re-install it do to a missed patch, but other than that, it should work fine.

It is also possible your graphics card needs the driver updated. I have had a problem with that in the past and occasionally still do.

No, the game is not operating system specific. If it were, KI would lose a lot of players this way.

You may want to contact support. You will need to run "dxdiag" as well and save it on your desktop so it will be easy to find. Include this diagnostic with you details to support.

Question: Is your graphics card Intel Extreme Graphics 845g? If this turns out to be the case, send and email to Microsoft and ask them to help you find the latest driver for it. Intel no longer supports that graphics card. I have this same graphics card and it sometimes is a chore to keep it going. KI does not support Intel either but it can work to play the game. KI does support ATI and Nvidia. G-force is also a good card. Just make sure that if you replace the card, you get one that is compatible with your computer.

Defender
May 30, 2010
i fixed all my patches from _shared world data and mob to all the new zafaria patches ranging from 7 kbs to 5 megabits this morning at 9 am est then when i got on again 430 est pm they messed up and changed banks from bank B this morning to bank A now at 430 pom how can it change that fast and make all patches messed up
i sent game my bank a and b the name of ALL files i fixed at 9 am and my dxdiagnosis i wrote down all the files on Word.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2011
I have intel in my computer running window's xp could that be why i am getting a message saying "your vt video driver has quit working" and have to reboot computer to update it.. My problem is Emachine is my computer brand and having talked to them for 2 hour they looked up the specs for W101 and said my computer is 100% up to date to play this game.. They was trying to tell me that the issue has to be on W101 end but I seem to be thrown back and forth here and really getting confused.. Any help on this mater would be very much appreciated..

Thank you
Sean SkullBlood
Wizard City Protector

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DJFeared wrote:
I have intel in my computer running window's xp could that be why i am getting a message saying "your vt video driver has quit working" and have to reboot computer to update it.. My problem is Emachine is my computer brand and having talked to them for 2 hour they looked up the specs for W101 and said my computer is 100% up to date to play this game.. They was trying to tell me that the issue has to be on W101 end but I seem to be thrown back and forth here and really getting confused.. Any help on this mater would be very much appreciated..

Thank you
Sean SkullBlood
Wizard City Protector

How old is your computer?

The brand does not really matter. I have an HP with XP that I bought in August 2003. Yes it is still working.

I have received very similar errors and also have to reboot. It just resets the graphics card is all it does.

I am not sure who the manufacturer is of Emachine, but as I said that really does not matter. The bulk of the programing is going to be microsoft. Check the Intel website for the graphics card you have.

Certain Intel graphics cards are not longer supported by Intel.

I don't know the people you spoke with can tell you that your computer is 100% up to date to play W101. KI does not unless changed recently, support Intel graphics. They do reccommend ATI or Nvidia graphics cards for a better game response.

I can also tell you that if you are trying to run W101 account in window mode on the same computer can also cause your Intel graphics driver to stop working

I would suggest just sending an email to Microsoft support and asking for help with the driver. You can find the email link on their website.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
I am having the same crashing problems. I have been playing Wizards 101 since it came out and have had no problems until the last updates came out.
This is definately not a computer problem, but a problem with the software patches from KI. There are way too many people reporting about this problem. Please address this problem, and come up with some kind of patch to fix this, or this long time player will cancel my membership.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
DJFeared wrote:

Thank you
Sean SkullBlood
Wizard City Protector

if you are getting a error message from your video card... or in your case probally video chip....you might have to reinstal the driver.... if only you are getting a error message for the intel processor chip for your graphics.... useally when companys make updates to a highly graphical game like
wizard101 your card might not be able to handle it anymore....I used to have an old DELL computer with 98 windows that was upgradeable to XP when i upgraded it to XP My Intel video card(chip) wouldn't handle most games anymore ... so i went to a computer store bought a new plug in graphic card installed it then uninstalled the driver for the intel chip ( card) and every thing was fine.... but of course now i have a Brand new DELL and there isn't anyhting this can't run.... plus you might want to try a reinstal of the game too just to rule that out .... before you go buying anyting....

Thanks For Reading....