Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Belloq either a glitch or bad decision by KI

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I can't find people to help with battles, so I use henchmen.

I went in against Belloq without looking him up on the internet or here to find out what he is like (I prefer to fight first and ask questions later :-) )

Anyway, I started buying henchmen and guess what, we got hit with a RA spell after each henchman bought. I didn't realize that is what caused it so on my second attempt to beat him I bought 3 henchmen right away. And we were hit with 3 RA's, my henchmen were killed before they could even cast a spell.

This is either a glitch or a bad decision on KI's part. A penalty for spending crowns doesn't seem logical and is very frustrating for those of us who have to battle solo.

And I am very frustrated with KI for having spent crowns (money) for nothing.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
He is an anti-henchmen mob. he will Ra for every henchmen you use. He is actually easy to beat if you use the correct strategy. Look on wiz101 central for a strat guide.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Pyrsik wrote:
He is an anti-henchmen mob. he will Ra for every henchmen you use. He is actually easy to beat if you use the correct strategy. Look on wiz101 central for a strat guide.

From what I read he is easy to beat with more than one person. Again, I have not found anyone to battle him with me. I have yet to find a strategy that works solo. I have now tried over 10 times.

I do not see a guide for a solo attack.

I even tried going from realm to realm looking for people who were going to attack Belloq, no luck.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Pyrsik wrote:

If this is truly what KI intended than I want to take issue with them. I went in and bought (real money) help for a fight. And what did they do, they took my money and then killed off the henchmen and my character.

If they are going to have anti-henchmen monsters then you should not be able to purchase henchmen. It is terrible for a company to take money under false pretense.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
GamingDan wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

If this is truly what KI intended than I want to take issue with them. I went in and bought (real money) help for a fight. And what did they do, they took my money and then killed off the henchmen and my character.

If they are going to have anti-henchmen monsters then you should not be able to purchase henchmen. It is terrible for a company to take money under false pretense.

It's not an Anti-Henchmen policy. He penalizes people for bringing people into the battle Late. He will Ra when a Wizard or Minion enter the battle after Round 1. He will Ra when he hasn't taken damage that round. He will Ra when he has 8 Pips... He likes Ra.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
GamingDan wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

My guess would be that it is an anti-help mob vs. an anti-henchman mob. I'm not too far from that quest, so I'll test having people port to me on it. If the porting triggers it, then I would guess the henchman triggered it on accident.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Dont solo. I assure you, it is a huge raise in difficulty. I beat him with one other person. you must solid attack him every round and cannot use henchmen or he will Ra. He's easy if you follow those rules. Make one person hit him with low cards or zero pip spells and the other save up on a good Attack All spell. Cake. Actually, I feel like some cake right now...

Historian
May 01, 2010
GamingDan wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

I dont think this really is the case, it just seems to me they are advocating teamwork.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:
Dont solo. I assure you, it is a huge raise in difficulty. I beat him with one other person. you must solid attack him every round and cannot use henchmen or he will Ra. He's easy if you follow those rules. Make one person hit him with low cards or zero pip spells and the other save up on a good Attack All spell. Cake. Actually, I feel like some cake right now...

I understand that he is easier or perhaps even easy to beat with one other person.

So who will help me, I spent over an hour today trying to find someone who would go with me, no luck. When I did find someone going in, which was 4 or 5 times they said I couldn't go in with them.

This is very discouraging.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
slammer111 wrote:
GamingDan wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

I dont think this really is the case, it just seems to me they are advocating teamwork.

They may be advocating team work, but I can not find anyone to do it with me. And if letting someone spend money on something and then penalizing them for buying it is just not right.

I don't have a ton of money to blow on crowns and when I buy something I expect it to help, not hurt.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I have found belloq to be one of the easier bosses in zafaria- IF you play by his rules. My storm char was able to solo him, first try, because i played by his rules. I never had to heal my self. As long as you dont trigger RA he wont hit you hard. As others have sugested go look at a guide for him.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
GamingDan wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

I understand that he is easier or perhaps even easy to beat with one other person.

So who will help me, I spent over an hour today trying to find someone who would go with me, no luck. When I did find someone going in, which was 4 or 5 times they said I couldn't go in with them.

Hey GamingDan. I would be happy to help you. When do you play and what timezone are you in? Perhaps we could pick a realm and arrange a meetup? If you want to solo him (which is what I usually do) then I would suggest that you pay a visit to the library or bazaar and purchase a bunch of fire elf treasure cards. They can be used to hit him for 3 rounds but only cost 2 pips and therefore, you can blade, trap, shield, etc while you build pips... just don't forget to count your rounds.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I agree, Beloq is hard, but this is how you defeat him

Boss: Belloq

Health: 6335

Superior Cheat: He casts a double damage Ra on you until you do damage. Then he waits 4 rounds, and does the same thing. All you have to do is get a few lost soul treasure cards, cast them on him. He can't cheat the first round, either. First, though, after a attack spell, use a to-all-enemies to destroy his minion, becase if you attack his minion instead it doesn't count.

Hope this helps! 8)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
You have to hit him every round so he won't Ra you. If you don't attack you are dead after 2 rounds. You can't set up blades or traps unless someone else is attacking. Hope this helps.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
gtarhannon wrote:
GamingDan wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

Hey GamingDan. I would be happy to help you. When do you play and what timezone are you in? Perhaps we could pick a realm and arrange a meetup? If you want to solo him (which is what I usually do) then I would suggest that you pay a visit to the library or bazaar and purchase a bunch of fire elf treasure cards. They can be used to hit him for 3 rounds but only cost 2 pips and therefore, you can blade, trap, shield, etc while you build pips... just don't forget to count your rounds.

Thanks for the offer. I actually found someone today who was about to go in and let me join them. We beat Belloq.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
It's because of ridiculous, short sighted, cheating bosses in the main quest line like this that I have very little interest in questing into Zafaria right now. I suspect that KI will eventually tone this down like they did in Celestia after a short time. They obviously only used input from power players and not from casual and solo players.