Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What computer does kingsisle recommend

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
What computer do you emploeyes of kingsisle reccomned to download wizard101 and play it on because my old unreliable HP computer just got a nasty virus that finished it off. :( . So yeah what computer should I get to replace my old one and redownload all my old wizard101 account stuff onto and just wondering do I take the risk of ending up with all the other virus by getting a new computer with the same email adress? :( :( And do all my friend who I know in the game that read this I might not be back until Xmas when I get a new one :( (AARON RAVEN STONE LVL 69 DEATH)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
poinsdeth wrote:
What computer do you emploeyes of kingsisle reccomned to download wizard101 and play it on because my old unreliable HP computer just got a nasty virus that finished it off. :( . So yeah what computer should I get to replace my old one and redownload all my old wizard101 account stuff onto and just wondering do I take the risk of ending up with all the other virus by getting a new computer with the same email adress? :( :( And do all my friend who I know in the game that read this I might not be back until Xmas when I get a new one :( (AARON RAVEN STONE LVL 69 DEATH)

If you were able to play Wizard101 on the HP before why don't you just do a factory restore if the virus has gotten that out of control? If you made or got restore disks you can use them, if not and you haven't altered the original OS it came with in any way a certain F key when it starts up should lead to the restore menu from the separate partition on the hard drive. Your email address should not effect getting a virus but opening an email attachment or going to a link in a strangers email can.

Administrator
We cannot recommend a computer setup, all we can do is tell you the minimum specifications to run Wizard101.
These specifications are intentionally quite low. We knew that many of our players would be using hand-me-down or older computers, and we made sure to make the game accessible to as many people as possible.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/system-requirements

Internet: Internet Connection Required

Operating System: Windows 98SE or later versions

DirectX: 9.0c or newer

Processor: 1GHz Intel Processor

RAM Space: 512 Megabytes

Video Card: Best results with GeForce 2 or equivalent (standard in most PCs)

Disk Space: 5 Gigabytes

Game Download: The game automatically initiates a download in the background when you log in to play for the first time. The process is transparent to the player. No special installation process is required. You must, however, be connected to the internet.

Can I run Wizard101 on a Mac?
Wizard101 only runs on a Windows enabled computer. Wizard101 will not automatically run on a Mac.

CrossOver Games, a paid application, supports running Wizard101 on a Mac. For more information visit Codeweavers Crossover Games. That site contains a "How to Video" and a special offer for our players, if you choose to download and purchase the program. https://www.codeweavers.com/via/wizard101

community@wizard101.com