Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

hanukkah needed in game for the holidays

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 13, 2009
Ive always wondered why they dont have hanukkah in the game. Its a popular holiday so that means it should be in the game. If they do add hanukkah to the game, they could have a big manora next to the big christmas tree in the game, floating candles and blue and white lights every were. For pets they could have a candle pet called slick. Maybe even some quests to go along with it! I just think its unfair thatthey have christmas and not hanukkah. plz plz wizard101 add hanukkah in the game for the holidays. Post your comments about it if you like or dislike the idea. And hanukkah is the second most popular religion in this country.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
emc99 wrote:
Ive always wondered why they dont have hanukkah in the game. Its a popular holiday so that means it should be in the game. If they do add hanukkah to the game, they could have a big manora next to the big christmas tree in the game, floating candles and blue and white lights every were. For pets they could have a candle pet called slick. Maybe even some quests to go along with it! I just think its unfair thatthey have christmas and not hanukkah. plz plz wizard101 add hanukkah in the game for the holidays. Post your comments about it if you like or dislike the idea.

Bad idea dude. Sry, but wizard101 doesn't celebrate christmas either. They just have a tree and decorations and they call it a holiday celebration. No where in any text do they say the word, "Christmas." :?

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
if wizard had to do all the winter festivals in game for every culture when would find time to play the game quest line.
the holiday tree is meant to celebrate all the winter holy days in all culture.

that is why it is not a huge tree but representation of growth and life for all

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
sorry man, no religion based holidays, except Easter, The tree really isn't that based on any holiday in particular, sorry but that would anger a lot of people, more then that would please, sorry

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
ya i wish they would put in but some people are such cry babys about a certain religion being put into the game. thats reason why KI won't put it in, some parents probably be furious with them and a all out revolution will begin about religion.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hi. I agree with the original poster, in a way. They should represent every winter holiday from every religion, but in a wizardly Winter Festival! It would involve quests, vendors, and snowmen running through the commons :D . Fairness for all, in a wizardly package! I'll include more in my own thread about this later.

Cya in the Spiral,

Defender
May 21, 2011
its a nice idea, but i am not sure if the tree represents Christmas or not. It would be nice but then, if the tree doesn't just represent Christmas i would think it unfair, but you do put up a tree on Christmas so THAT is unfair, they should put up other things.

P.S its Chanukah not Hanukkah. :)

Survivor
Apr 07, 2011
Hey, I was planning on emailing w101, but I found this post instead. As a wizard101 player who doesn't celebrate Christmas, I always feel left out when I see red, green and while "holiday" parties, with only one holiday. I want to remind everyone (even though no one knew this until now) that I used to play Club Penguin. I left for one reason (besides it gets boringly repetitive, with no action) and that reason is that I get stressed with a Christmas party, despritely waiting for them to respond with a reply to the suggestion with a Chanukah party too, which the respond was basicly "not open for suggestions", aka "no". I was hoping the rumor that they tried to add a Chanukah party would possibley be true, and this is my first wizard101 winter party, so I am asking KI to add something for Chanukah. And if possible, don't just stop there! Kwanzah exists too people! Make an effort to make w101 friendly for all religions!

-Jacob Firehunter, level 70 pyromancer
-Jacob Stormhunter, level 39 diviner
-Jacob Lifehunter, level 23 thergest
-Jacob Deathhunter, level 3 necromancer

Survivor
Apr 07, 2011
And for some of the other posters: Can you think of any other religion with "santa hats" or "trees with gifts and decorations"? And they do say "Christmas", remeber the pet, the Christmas Elf? Having only one religion is unfair t the others. I have religious beleifs too! Everyone does, right? Well, everyone beleives in a slightly different kind of respect and or worship, so let's respect all the religions they branch off of.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
KI went way out with the halloween holiday, all the fun questing and stuff. But nothing really cool about the christmas holiday. I personally would like to see holiday themed decorations you can buy for gold, yard decorations, wall papers (with ghosts or such for halloween, gingerbread men for christmas), an actual predecorated tree we can buy, as I'm not about to attempt to use glitching to make my own christmas tree the directions looked good for people that can do that stuff easy, i'm not one to grasp that stuff easy, and using crates and carpets to climb your tree and glitch yarn for ornaments and such, ugh. Presents for under the tree would be great. I dont like christmas much myself but am fully obsessed with gingerbread men in general. :)

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Yeah, i totally agree. Even though I celebrate Christmas, i think that wizard101 should have Hanukkah on here, I mean, it is truly unfair, even though Christmas is the most popular holiday, the santa hats and everything else is just dumb. So what if Christmas is the most popular, like i said before, wizard101 shouldn't exclude Hanukkah. We all have our own religious beliefs. Why just choose one for the game. I mean really, i don't think it is right, and a lot of other people don't think it is right either. It's very unjust, and I think wizard101 should change it.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
No, not everybody has religious beliefs. I personally use the Holiday Season to try to recover my 'hope' for Humanity, but it's people like you who demand to 'add Hanukkah' etc to the game and people like you who demand Nativity Scenes be removed, and things like that who completely ruin my chance of restoring my faith in Humanity.

*sigh* It's not Christmas that is celebrated. The Spiral celebrates Yuletide. Yuletide is the original Wiccan/Pagan Winter Solstice Festival. Christmas steals 90% of its traditions from Yuletide.

From Wikipedia Regarding Yuletide:
Yule or Yuletide ("Yule-time") is a winter festival that was initially celebrated by the historical Germanic people as a pagan religious festival, though it was later absorbed into, and equated with, the Christian festival of Christmas. The festival was originally celebrated from late December to early January on a date determined by the lunar Germanic calendar. The festival was placed on December 25 when the Christian calendar (Julian calendar) was adopted. Scholars have connected the celebration to the Wild Hunt.

Terms with an etymological equivalent to "Yule" are used in the Nordic countries for the Christian Christmas (with its religious rites), but also for other holidays of the season. Yule is also used to a lesser extent in English-speaking countries to refer to Christmas. Customs such as the Yule log, Yule goat, Yule boar, Yule singing, and others stem from Yule. The fact that Yule is not etymologically tied to Christianity means Yule in the Nordic countries is also celebrated by many non-Christians and even by the non-religious. The non-religious treat Yule as an entirely secular tradition. A number of Neopagans have introduced their own rites.

Boo-hoo, there's a 'Christmas Elf' pet. If you're offended by that, then Don't Buy One.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
While I will say that this is a very much debated topic, I really do think maybe adding specific religious objects and holidays, would be disastrous. If Wizard 101, had these holidays, they would also have to include Kwanzaa, Ramadan, Tet, and basically all other religious holidays. And they would probably have to ask for your religion. So its not a good idea.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
No, I don't wanna play a game that celebrates a holiday I don't.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Johnist wrote:
No, not everybody has religious beliefs. I personally use the Holiday Season to try to recover my 'hope' for Humanity, but it's people like you who demand to 'add Hanukkah' etc to the game and people like you who demand Nativity Scenes be removed, and things like that who completely ruin my chance of restoring my faith in Humanity.

*sigh* It's not Christmas that is celebrated. The Spiral celebrates Yuletide. Yuletide is the original Wiccan/Pagan Winter Solstice Festival. Christmas steals 90% of its traditions from Yuletide.

From Wikipedia Regarding Yuletide:
Yule or Yuletide ("Yule-time") is a winter festival that was initially celebrated by the historical Germanic people as a pagan religious festival, though it was later absorbed into, and equated with, the Christian festival of Christmas. The festival was originally celebrated from late December to early January on a date determined by the lunar Germanic calendar. The festival was placed on December 25 when the Christian calendar (Julian calendar) was adopted. Scholars have connected the celebration to the Wild Hunt.

Terms with an etymological equivalent to "Yule" are used in the Nordic countries for the Christian Christmas (with its religious rites), but also for other holidays of the season. Yule is also used to a lesser extent in English-speaking countries to refer to Christmas. Customs such as the Yule log, Yule goat, Yule boar, Yule singing, and others stem from Yule. The fact that Yule is not etymologically tied to Christianity means Yule in the Nordic countries is also celebrated by many non-Christians and even by the non-religious. The non-religious treat Yule as an entirely secular tradition. A number of Neopagans have introduced their own rites.

Boo-hoo, there's a 'Christmas Elf' pet. If you're offended by that, then Don't Buy One.

I have to agree here. They make a few Christmas refrences due to the fact that it is one of the most common winter holidays in the U.S. Other than that, the guy I quoted is right.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I am tired of this. I am not really talking about this post actually, just the whole U.S.. "Happy Holidays!" is all anyone will say anymore. I think Wizard101 should just stick with Christmas. Cause they are in the U.S. after all.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
a religion thing again just like when i posted the world called Christon which everyone thought was based with Christ

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Since you people just want to complain about how the "Holiday" theme is based mostly on one religion then fine. We might as well also get rid of:

Easter
Halloween
St. Patricks Day
Valentine's Day
Thanksgiving
New Year's Eve

and so many other holidays just so people won't feel "Left out" on a Unites States game.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Alexander5335 wrote:
Since you people just want to complain about how the "Holiday" theme is based mostly on one religion then fine. We might as well also get rid of:

Easter
Halloween
St. Patricks Day
Valentine's Day
Thanksgiving
New Year's Eve

and so many other holidays just so people won't feel "Left out" on a Unites States game.

New Year's Eve is not celebrated as its own holiday. Yuletide goes throughout the month of December into the early part of January.

Halloween is not Christian in origin. Those who think it is are brainless simians who need to learn some google-fu.

St. Patrick's Day is not celebrated only by Christians. St. Patrick's Day is a day where it's acceptable to be a rowdy Irish drunk.

Valentine's Day is a Hallmark Holiday, created to boost flagging Card and Chocolate sales between Christmas and Mother's Day. It has no Religious affiliation. In Japan, 2 weeks after Valentine's Day is 'White Day' where the boys give the girls White Chocolate.

Thanksgiving has no religious affiliation directly, even though many assume it does. Thanksgiving represents one of the few times when the Pilgrims and the Natives came together. It is a Family Oriented holiday, meant to make people 'Thankful' for what they have.

Of your list, the only 'Christian' holiday on there is Easter, and even that has been De-Christianized with the Easter Bunny and eggs.

Personally, I'm happy with the way that the game is. It doesn't bend knee to religion, and it shouldn't. Maybe they could make a Hanukkah Menora or Dradel decorations, but the game is fine the way it is. The only items in game that references Christmas is the Christmas Elf and the Charity Chrismoose Mount. Saint Nicholas is not just a Christian figure for Christmas, hence why Felix and 'Santa' gear exist.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Johnist wrote:
Alexander5335 wrote:

Easter
Halloween
St. Patricks Day
Valentine's Day
Thanksgiving
New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve is not celebrated as its own holiday. Yuletide goes throughout the month of December into the early part of January.

Halloween is not Christian in origin. Those who think it is are brainless simians who need to learn some google-fu.

St. Patrick's Day is not celebrated only by Christians. St. Patrick's Day is a day where it's acceptable to be a rowdy Irish drunk.

Valentine's Day is a Hallmark Holiday, created to boost flagging Card and Chocolate sales between Christmas and Mother's Day. It has no Religious affiliation. In Japan, 2 weeks after Valentine's Day is 'White Day' where the boys give the girls White Chocolate.

Thanksgiving has no religious affiliation directly, even though many assume it does. Thanksgiving represents one of the few times when the Pilgrims and the Natives came together. It is a Family Oriented holiday, meant to make people 'Thankful' for what they have.

Of your list, the only 'Christian' holiday on there is Easter, and even that has been De-Christianized with the Easter Bunny and eggs.

Personally, I'm happy with the way that the game is. It doesn't bend knee to religion, and it shouldn't. Maybe they could make a Hanukkah Menora or Dradel decorations, but the game is fine the way it is. The only items in game that references Christmas is the Christmas Elf and the Charity Chrismoose Mount. Saint Nicholas is not just a Christian figure for Christmas, hence why Felix and 'Santa' gear exist.

Dude I was being sarcastic. I'm on your side. I want the game to stay the way it is as well.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
Next your going to say that we can't have Christmas at all, because it offends some people of other religions, face it, Kingsisle is never going to put Hanukkah or Kwanza into the game, because then, those that celebrate christmas will get mad because they will feel like their holiday is being left out, it is a never ending circle, somebody always going to complain about which religion is being shown more.