Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seeking helpful answer about Waterworks

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2011
My son and I were doing Waterworks together. We were on the last battle and he died.

We took the precaution of starting in a perfect realm, but still there were other wizards there when he tried to enter. He did ask that no one join him as he was returning to his group. Still someone jumped in at the last moment and he was unable to jump off in time. After that he was not able to return to me as the dungeon reset for him at that time and of course you can't teleport in or onto Waterworks.

We didn't know what we could do at that point to get him back into the dungeon we started so we just quit at that time.

Is there anyway he could have gotten back to me that we did not know of?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If you're trying to reenter a no-teleport-to instance/dungeon, and you go in with somebody else, you're out of luck; the dungeon resets for you. At that point, there's no way to rejoin the first group you were with.

I've often suggested that there be a "Go in alone" option for instances. It would be easy to implement, for example:

"Press X to enter, Press Z to go in alone"

However, it hasn't happened.

Defender
May 31, 2011
colagada wrote:
If you're trying to reenter a no-teleport-to instance/dungeon, and you go in with somebody else, you're out of luck; the dungeon resets for you. At that point, there's no way to rejoin the first group you were with.

I've often suggested that there be a "Go in alone" option for instances. It would be easy to implement, for example:

"Press X to enter, Press Z to go in alone"

However, it hasn't happened.

Thank you for your response. Your suggestion sounds like a good idea.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
safyrmoon wrote:
My son and I were doing Waterworks together. We were on the last battle and he died.

We took the precaution of starting in a perfect realm, but still there were other wizards there when he tried to enter. He did ask that no one join him as he was returning to his group. Still someone jumped in at the last moment and he was unable to jump off in time. After that he was not able to return to me as the dungeon reset for him at that time and of course you can't teleport in or onto Waterworks.

We didn't know what we could do at that point to get him back into the dungeon we started so we just quit at that time.

Is there anyway he could have gotten back to me that we did not know of?

No there isn't and yes I've had that happend to me too. Immature players that go out of their way to sabotage your gaming experience. I too would like a new way of entering dungeons to prevent this, but wouldn't consider the game broken because of it. We are expected to defeat the dungeon without fleeing or being defeated ourselves.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
I have had the same thing happen to me. I was at the last boss i said i am going alone but this dude keep getting on, but the reason he probably did it was because he was a mute. It is very annoying but it happens.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
In the last waterworks battle you can flee and come back in alone to rejoin your group.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Nope its a glitch that has not been fixed plus I think dungeons were never meant for your teammate to able to come back anyways.