Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane Bolt in Lower-Level Pvp: The New Talos

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
As we all know, Talos has been removed from pvp, so the new Low lvl spell for pvp is... *drum roll* INSANE BOLT! I am a lvl 5 PvP Captain, and tiwce i have battled lvl 5 knights and captains, they both had 29 health left when they won... and guess how they won, Insane Bolt. It should really be removed from PvP, because, its a lvl 55 spell, and people 50 levels below are available to it.
Here's why insane bolt should be removed from lower lvl pvp:
1. A spell 50 levels ahead? Enough said.
2. The backfire ability rarely happens, and my friend mentioned a glitch that makes it never backfire. Plz fix it, if this is the actual glitch: Click Insane bolt, then hold alt for 9 seconds.
3. It's Moon damage, so Storm shields won't help anymore.
Please K.I, if you got rid of Talos, it would make no sense to keep Insane Bolt.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
lucara wrote:
As we all know, Talos has been removed from pvp, so the new Low lvl spell for pvp is... *drum roll* INSANE BOLT! I am a lvl 5 PvP Captain, and tiwce i have battled lvl 5 knights and captains, they both had 29 health left when they won... and guess how they won, Insane Bolt. It should really be removed from PvP, because, its a lvl 55 spell, and people 50 levels below are available to it.
2. The backfire ability rarely happens, and my friend mentioned a glitch that makes it never backfire. Plz fix it, if this is the actual glitch: Click Insane bolt, then hold alt for 9 seconds.
Please K.I, if you got rid of Talos, it would make no sense to keep Insane Bolt.

Yeah, kind of unfair to the bolted person. But dude, it's awfully rare in the bazaar and it costs like 2000 gold, so if you are level 5, good luck trying to farm enough gold to get a decent supply of insane bolts. The caster can probably kill himself, anyways. It's not a surefire kill.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
lucara wrote:

Because I love seeing storms blow up when insane bolt is used I think they should cap it. The thing is after insane bolt power link is next. The easy sulotion to these problems is to level cap them all. 55+ because thats the level you get them and no use for the treasres too. Easy as that.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
Fin3cy6 wrote:
lucara wrote:

Yeah, kind of unfair to the bolted person. But dude, it's awfully rare in the bazaar and it costs like 2000 gold, so if you are level 5, good luck trying to farm enough gold to get a decent supply of insane bolts. The caster can probably kill himself, anyways. It's not a surefire kill.

Well, I just went to the bazaar and saw 79 Insane Bolt treasures .
Also, most lvl 5's have a legend supporting them, for gold, pets, treasures, etc.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:
lucara wrote:

Because I love seeing storms blow up when insane bolt is used I think they should cap it. The thing is after insane bolt power link is next. The easy sulotion to these problems is to level cap them all. 55+ because thats the level you get them and no use for the treasres too. Easy as that.

Sure, lets level cap every spell, then see how often your level 5 can win a match...

If we do it your way, we will only level cap the spells that defeat you...

Talos was level capped because it brings a 2v1 scenario that is unfair.

Polymorphs were level capped because they gave the caster more health, resistance, and higher spells than earned...

Insane bolt, yes, might be powerful, but it can kill the caster to use it. I dont know about any glitch and this is the first I have heard about any glitch, but as far as this goes, I am sure it is the same as if you dance, you will go first in a pvp dual... Simply not true!

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
lucara wrote:

Sure, lets level cap every spell, then see how often your level 5 can win a match...

If we do it your way, we will only level cap the spells that defeat you...

Talos was level capped because it brings a 2v1 scenario that is unfair.

Polymorphs were level capped because they gave the caster more health, resistance, and higher spells than earned...

Insane bolt, yes, might be powerful, but it can kill the caster to use it. I dont know about any glitch and this is the first I have heard about any glitch, but as far as this goes, I am sure it is the same as if you dance, you will go first in a pvp dual... Simply not true!

Actually Talos was removed from pvp. What would you rather have a spell capped so people low levels don't have a definate win with the glitch or just have the thing completely banned. After I read that it had I glitch I tested it out and my friends did too with all their treasures and the storms with the actual cards. Either that glitch is real or we bent the game to our wills because we went about 5-9 battles in unicorn way using that moved without getting killed by the spell. When we don't try this glitch out it hits us, it may be luck but it seems the glitch is real. The problem is once those spells are taken care of we end up seeing level 20 wizards porting to their friends in mirroe lake to get their hands on efreet on medusa because they have those mastery amulets. Our PvP is messed up, why should we let the newer players PvP get ruined too because of those cards. All I'm going to say is I think having something capped is better than having it removed from pvp. I rarely PvP, but I watch my friends' duels even the lower leveled ones. I like seeing my friends lose duels because they get hit by a spell too powerful for them to handle. As far as glitches go it might be real because with Zafaria's release lots of bugs have come up like 1v1 rhino glitch.