Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does Pierce really work.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
I have the spell that gives me +15% to pierce but when I attack it doesn't seem to do anything. Example a boss with a death shield -50% I pierce but it still says -50% and I don't seem to do any more damage then if I had not used the pierce is it supposed to register the 15%? It would be nice if it displayed the new number if you pierce I just can't tell if it is working or not.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
it doesnt show the subtracted amount but the overall damage is better than it would normally be.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
I just received a response from KI tech department who noted that it is an issue they are aware of and they are working on it. :)

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Survivor
Oct 03, 2010
Defender
Feb 06, 2010
jades967 wrote:
actually this pierce thing was made for pvp :?

Yeah but it still works on say, Balance bosses who constantly shield every school. Armor piercing is both pvp and pve.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
It only subtracts 15% not makes it 15%, which isnt much of a difference.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Yes, the infallible is a good spell to get for any wizard that has a 15% accuracy difference because it will make the accuracy be 100% unless smokescreen or some other thing is cast on you. It also stacks with the unstoppable as well for fire and storm guys. The only down side is you take more self inflicted damage as a death wizard because it lowers your resist as well. :D

It saved my backside on more than one occasion.. In my opinion it works great and really helps with the mobs that resist your school of magic; whether through shields or same school of magic.

Pierce as a spell works only against shields and is not that great.

John Spiritthief
70 level Death Wizard