Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what happened to dot being fires special?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
Solstice64 wrote:
That's exactly why schools outside of fire have a small amount of DoTs. How could any school survive combat without a way to navigate around shields? I feel the problem is some schools are left out on these very useful spells (life, death, and balance.)

I think you meant life, storm, and balance.

Oops, was thinking of damage bubbles.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

If it's true that no school could survive without a DoT, then why do only Ice, Death, and Myth have DoTs? The other schools get along just fine without them, so I don't get why they're necessary. Navigating around shields isn't even necessary to begin with. Shields only decrease effectiveness; they don't completely render the spell useless. Plus, using that as a justification to adding a DoT after Rank 9 or modifying a Rank 9 spell to be a DoT spell doesn't make sense because of the armor piercing ability recently added to the game. As I've said before, all the other schools have at least one exclusive ability. Fire has none. How is it fair that people are asking for even more than was originally planned? Lastly, I'll give you Heckhound, but not Fuel. It's not directly available since you have to complete Grizzleheim and parts of Wintertusk to gain access to the spells.

Yes, a spell that has its effectiveness reduced by 70% is still a wonderful attack!!! The point is, due to the nature of wizard101 (small buffs large shields) getting around those shields is a virtue.

I don't think life should get a 9 pip DoT, why would you assume that? I think life should get a 4 pip DoT, similar to poison.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Let's define D.O.T., Damage Over-Time spells. As I know of, fire has the most damage over-time spells. I thought you were talking about pips. So, what brought this question on in the first place?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
Yes, a spell that has its effectiveness reduced by 70% is still a wonderful attack!!! The point is, due to the nature of wizard101 (small buffs large shields) getting around those shields is a virtue.

Again, at this point in time it's not necessary since armor piercing has been added.

I don't think life should get a 9 pip DoT, why would you assume that? I think life should get a 4 pip DoT, similar to poison.

What? Where did I even mention the word 'Life'? If I did, I didn't mean to. Anyway, adding a 4 pip DoT to Life at this point in time would be so strange. What would it be? At least Poison makes some sort of sense; how could you possibly make a Life DoT make sense?