Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lvl 68 spells?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Hey I just wanted to know what you all thought about the new spells. I feel like they make fighting a little bit easier but I was wondering if anyone had any problems with them yet? Do you all feel like one school stands out over another?

Storm- Still over powered and I do not like how much it does but we are all used to it and can probably be countered easily. Not sure why they made this card like this, though storm isn't going to complain. I wish that the accuracy of storm would drop to like 50% since with the accuracy bonus makes it less likely to fizzle than a life. Which in my opinion is kinda crazy.

Fire- I think that they actually got this card right I like it in all ways in the game and is not overpowering and "Normal" and fits them. I do not have any real complaints to it, though I wish the animation was better.

Myth- I do not really like myth getting this card. I feel like it makes them semi-overpowered. If you go second and they have full blades and attack and it stuns you the next turn? Idk if I agree with that. If it was just a dot I think that a dot would have been more acceptable.

Ice- Seems like a nice card. I do not have any complaints on it.

Life- I feel like life should have received a dot spell to all or a dot spell in general. I do like the card how it removes the next two life cards which was K.I's way of trying to reduce how every other school can heal and have taken over. Like people of other schools can heal more than life and have the life mastery amulet. But in my opinion is kinda pointless with the lifeforce blade which just takes it off. Maybe if they came out with another new wand that was more powerful, people would cling to that new one and make this less of a problem. But a nice card for life to have to attack with would would have been nice when all the other schools were getting them.

Death- Seems like a nice card for death. I am not sure I have any complaints on it at all. It just seems like the animation of it takes a little long but that isn't really a complaint.

Balance- I actually asked a question on why is it balance when they do not have any life, myth, or death attacks. I feel like the card could have been better, taking in universal resist and all the card is almost pointless. Plus its much easier to defend considering everyone has traps of other schools. Just lay out a bunch of random shields and throw up a couple of tower shields and balance seems kinda out? So I would have made the card a little higher attacking or make it cost less pips or something.

Any comments just let me know what you all think!!!

Blake NightWraith

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
fx41001 wrote:
Hey I just wanted to know what you all thought about the new spells. I feel like they make fighting a little bit easier but I was wondering if anyone had any problems with them yet? Do you all feel like one school stands out over another?

Storm- Still over powered and I do not like how much it does but we are all used to it and can probably be countered easily. Not sure why they made this card like this, though storm isn't going to complain. I wish that the accuracy of storm would drop to like 50% since with the accuracy bonus makes it less likely to fizzle than a life. Which in my opinion is kinda crazy.

Fire- I think that they actually got this card right I like it in all ways in the game and is not overpowering and "Normal" and fits them. I do not have any real complaints to it, though I wish the animation was better.

Myth- I do not really like myth getting this card. I feel like it makes them semi-overpowered. If you go second and they have full blades and attack and it stuns you the next turn? Idk if I agree with that. If it was just a dot I think that a dot would have been more acceptable.

Life- I feel like life should have received a dot spell to all or a dot spell in general. I do like the card how it removes the next two life cards which was K.I's way of trying to reduce how every other school can heal and have taken over. Like people of other schools can heal more than life and have the life mastery amulet. But in my opinion is kinda pointless with the lifeforce blade which just takes it off. Maybe if they came out with another new wand that was more powerful, people would cling to that new one and make this less of a problem. But a nice card for life to have to attack with would would have been nice when all the other schools were getting them.

Death- Seems like a nice card for death. I am not sure I have any complaints on it at all. It just seems like the animation of it takes a little long but that isn't really a complaint.

Balance- I actually asked a question on why is it balance when they do not have any life, myth, or death attacks. I feel like the card could have been better, taking in universal resist and all the card is almost pointless. Plus its much easier to defend considering everyone has traps of other schools. Just lay out a bunch of random shields and throw up a couple of tower shields and balance seems kinda out? So I would have made the card a little higher attacking or make it cost less pips or something.

Blake NightWraith

Here's what i think of them:

Ice- Not at all shabby, does a decent amount of damage, plus a stun.

Fire- Nice spell, the most boring animation I've ever seen. I fell asleep to it.

Storm- Don't complain, it's pretty fair for a storm spell that needs damage. It'll take a while to build up and still more rounds to buff it up enough to do a lethal amount of damage.

Life- Although the life dispel isn't exactly very useful in PvE, it's pretty useful in PvP as it disables the target from two heals.

Myth: Dude, it's 9 pips! It takes at least 4 rounds or so to build and, just like storm, a few more to buff up. Think of it as a extra-strength medusa with a dot instead and a 1 round stun instead of a 2 round stun.

Death- Not really worth getting. Really cool animation and decent damage, but compared to a wraith with a gargantuan on it, it's just a mere 80 points or so less than a Von's Monster, with 3 less pips.

Balance- Still, any spell will be weak with defenses through the roof. It's pretty fine.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
fx41001 wrote:

Blake NightWraith

You could have said these things when they came out on the test realm, but now its pretty much too late. Plus, most people have gotten used to the spells and know how they work, so there is no need to alter them. :?