Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Pound

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2009

its a nice idea and all but it kinda defeats the purpose of farming and hatching pets. i mean why would anyone farm for a pet if they could buy someone else's. it would make pets less valuable and less unique. i personally think they should keep things the way they are so that pets can keep their value.

It would not make them less unique: If you put a pet in the pound you are giving it to another person, not having it reproduce and make more of it

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
hmmmm i can see it now ....

rows and rows of stray piggles......
i think i will sell
and take the few coins i get
and run for the hills

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
A friend and I were just talking about a pet pound (or shelter if that makes people feel better).

We had just hatched, and since his egg wasn't a baby of my pet he's not even planning on raising it up at all.

So here's this pet, with seriously awesome potential between the stats of our two parent pets, that will never see what it could grow up to be.

We figured a pound would be a great idea for pets like these. Then I came and searched to see if the idea had been presented here yet and found the thread.

Here's how *I* think it should work:

Only baby pets that have had NO TRAINING EVER would be able to be put into the pet pound.

Pet prices would start by pets max points level, but all pets would be auctioned out to highest bidder. Each auction would last for 15 minutes.
Players would be able to participate in only 1 auction at a time, and could not win more than 1 auction every 48 hours.

Pets that were limited time release, crowns only or card pets would not be allowed to be auctioned at the pound. Only drops pets and hybrids.

So, player goes to pound looking for pet. Player sees pet 1 who is an ice aqua dragon (70), pet 2 who is a myth pixie (22), and pet 3 who is a fire fractured dragon (55).
Player has been wanting a dragon real bad. Player is fire, so player chooses to bid on pet 3.

Process is simple and would allow people who just want to buy their pets and raise them another opportunity to get pets they are looking for.

Really it's just another alternate way from hatching if set up something like this process, and then the player still has to raise it to see if it has the qualities they are looking for.

:)

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
Idea; have a pet pound. Rember when we had the pets at the bazaar, well if we had a place were we put pets we do not want, but other people do, it would be good. If ki (!!TAKE NOTICE KI!!) opened a pet pound in the pet pavalion where we put pets, pets would be more fun, think about it, have a shop that has a but and sell tab, and five buttons, Baby, Teen, Adult, Ancient, Epic. The baby tab would have baby pokemon, and so on, it would act like the bazaar, having the pets price determined on how many there are. This way a unwanted Dragonspyre pet can go to a level 22 wizard who has the gold. We should also have pet trades, having to pay gold to trade. Aditional idea, we should have the options to use crowns for the pound, but also gold if we want to. Please tell me what you think
~Rowan (Grand Master)
That is the best idea i have ever heard since i have started plying this game.
Now i want an epic pet

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
1232me wrote:
Idea; have a pet pound. Rember when we had the pets at the bazaar, well if we had a place were we put pets we do not want, but other people do, it would be good. If ki (!!TAKE NOTICE KI!!) opened a pet pound in the pet pavalion where we put pets, pets would be more fun, think about it, have a shop that has a but and sell tab, and five buttons, Baby, Teen, Adult, Ancient, Epic. The baby tab would have baby pokemon, and so on, it would act like the bazaar, having the pets price determined on how many there are. This way a unwanted Dragonspyre pet can go to a level 22 wizard who has the gold. We should also have pet trades, having to pay gold to trade. Aditional idea, we should have the options to use crowns for the pound, but also gold if we want to. Please tell me what you think
~Rowan (Grand Master)

Ok, uh I used to think this was a good idea but I don't think so now. Think about it. Well, actually, I have a question before I start. What is your pokemon problem dude? Ok this is why I think it isn't a good idea. 1:It really would unbalance the game. Who would sell an epic pet in the first place? All the time to spend on training it, just to sell it? Second, if you bought it, people would admire you for taking that much time to train it, then you might even take the credit. Worst of all, on something you never even bothered to do. Now, I thought it over, and maybe this is possible, if they made the pet a baby again. Then sold it fresh without an egg (Yay! No hatching time nessicary ) and fresh with no experience and any special talents and such. But rarer pets would be worth more. Say you sold an inferno beast hybrid. That would cost like, 15000 gold. Probably more. LOTS more. Now uh, yea, I'm gonna end here. I have a few more things to say but they might offend your idea and I never try to offend anyone. So bye!

Survivor
May 15, 2011
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
and it would cost absolutely nothing to adopt an epic pet that would otherwise cost a fortune in gold to level up, I know this cause the last epic pet I sold to get rid of it I recieved a whopping 80 gold

Survivor
Feb 17, 2012
jekbeau wrote:
The baby tab would have baby pokemon, and so on, That right there shot your idea down. Ideas have to be orginal! Pokemon has already been made. KI has to put a spin and twist on things, but for Pokemon, it would be too evident.

totally... if wizzys started puttin pokemon on here u wouldnt play

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
Explorer
Aug 09, 2011
Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
windwarrior700 wrote:
1232me wrote:
~Rowan (Grand Master)

its a nice idea and all but it kinda defeats the purpose of farming and hatching pets. i mean why would anyone farm for a pet if they could buy someone else's. it would make pets less valuable and less unique. i personally think they should keep things the way they are so that pets can keep their value.

Well People might not sell rare pets. You gotta get lucky. But seriously, who would spend time farming 24/7?

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
I don't mean to shoot your idea down or anything.But, have you ever seen a pound? This is called= selling them to the shopping district people. Sure you don't get as much money, but KI shut it down in the Bazzar for a reason. I say no.

Autumn Emeraldleaf

Survivor
Oct 25, 2010
I would like to get rid of some of my pets, other than trash. I thought we could feed them our equiped pet, like we can boots, hats...., but we can't. Wonder if that was done if there would be a pet level up for feeding trained pets to the equiped pet.

FYI: I was just feeding crickets to the spider, and mice to the snake when I thought of this.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
I love the idea of a pet pound. I've got tons of pets that I'd 'donate' so someone else can have a go at them. :D

Me, too. I went on a dragon and imp pet binge a while back...That was before I understood pet hatching. Now I have a bunch of pets that get no attention from me at all. It's kinda sad, really.

So yeah, I want a Pet Pound!

Great Idea, @rafaell01. Thanks for bringing it to the forums :)

Happy Day,

Qbb

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
Well, now I see that this is a bad idea because of people wanting their pets back. Anyways, Wizard101's crown shop would lose money because you can just buy one for gold.

Caitlin Blue
Fire Transendent

Explorer
Apr 24, 2010
O: you mean i will finally have a place for my many many doubles ( ice hound satyr things like that )! KI you got to listen to this genius! PET POUND ( or shelter )! This would help pet collectors, beginners, anyone! The action idea is also genius! Bazaar says its action but it isn't its a buy it now. But instead of a minute ( campers galore right there ) how about hour? This would be so crazy helpful! i been farming for a storm cat and life troll and so many pets and i cant get it! I bring in friends cause it says that the more people more likely, first time in they all get pet ( this is three people!) and i still don't it, I've thrown about over 5000 crowns and still don't have it, this pet pound would be a life saver! Professor Greyrose or fire school teacher ( forgot her name ) Please please please write something telling us you even notice this or if your going to do it please!

From, Corwin trollleaf, Grandmaster life wizard

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
Wonderful idea but how about calling it the Pet Sanctuary, rather than the Pound, that is such a negative place. :-)

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
so many piggles bats imps and dragons

But lets stop and think. Will this be good for the whole community? People could sell "perfect pets" to friends through this just because the friends are their friends. It would take away from the rarity of some pets too. I like being the only one around besides my close friends with an alert hound. It gives me pride and allows me to get hatches from people that wouldnt hatch otherwise

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
i think its a good idea and i think the people thaat are stronger would buy the baby/ teens because they would like to train them plus i want to get rid of the 17 baby ice hounds i have :p but yea piggles and dragons would flood in the "pound" but some people that would want them buy em i'm trying to make my house flodded with piggles and i would think that ki would lose money with mega sacks and pets but maybe they could not sell crown pets so they would get money from that but people he said the poke mon thing was a TYPO people stop talking about it but yea good idea no sell crowns and have a good life says the lady from mcdonalds

Jared Stormhammer death lvl 71 and a half lol
Jared Stormhammer fire lvl 41
have a good life i say to people of the commons