Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Pound

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
windwarrior700 wrote:
1232me wrote:
Idea; have a pet pound. Rember when we had the pets at the bazaar, well if we had a place were we put pets we do not want, but other people do, it would be good. If ki (!!TAKE NOTICE KI!!) opened a pet pound in the pet pavalion where we put pets, pets would be more fun, think about it, have a shop that has a but and sell tab, and five buttons, Baby, Teen, Adult, Ancient, Epic. The baby tab would have baby pokemon, and so on, it would act like the bazaar, having the pets price determined on how many there are. This way a unwanted Dragonspyre pet can go to a level 22 wizard who has the gold. We should also have pet trades, having to pay gold to trade. Aditional idea, we should have the options to use crowns for the pound, but also gold if we want to. Please tell me what you think
~Rowan (Grand Master)

its a nice idea and all but it kinda defeats the purpose of farming and hatching pets. i mean why would anyone farm for a pet if they could buy someone else's. it would make pets less valuable and less unique. i personally think they should keep things the way they are so that pets can keep their value.

I agree because my Fierce Hound is VERY valuable because I just realized that my hound has a rare or uncommon move, but I love the idea of Pet Pound but it really should be Pet Shelter because pounds are bad pounds sometimes kill pets. 8)

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I like the bidding idea, but to make it more interesting you don't get to see the pets' traits nor abilities.

Also 1000g per bet that a little high. I think it should be only 500g.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
vindeta wrote:
I already have a pet pound. Its called the dungeon at my death house basement where i have 40+ pets just roaming around

This is a Good Idea, but has a big flaw in this. Instead of getting it like everyone else has done before you, you wanna cheat and get it sooner. While my Level 70 Balance has 50+ Pets, my death has at minimum 35+, and the rest of my Characters has bout 25+ each.
I would love to sell, but then I'll be missing them from their play area in my castle!
Sorry but No Sell, for I train all my pets to Ancient or Epic's! Plus I hatch them to see what I would get out of them!

Regards;
William ThunderSword
Lvl 70 Balance
Legendary Death
lvl 30+ Fire, Ice, Myth and Life

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
1232me wrote:
Idea; have a pet pound. Rember when we had the pets at the bazaar, well if we had a place were we put pets we do not want, but other people do, it would be good. If ki (!!TAKE NOTICE KI!!) opened a pet pound in the pet pavalion where we put pets, pets would be more fun, think about it, have a shop that has a but and sell tab, and five buttons, Baby, Teen, Adult, Ancient, Epic. The baby tab would have baby pokemon, and so on, it would act like the bazaar, having the pets price determined on how many there are. This way a unwanted Dragonspyre pet can go to a level 22 wizard who has the gold. We should also have pet trades, having to pay gold to trade. Aditional idea, we should have the options to use crowns for the pound, but also gold if we want to. Please tell me what you think
~Rowan (Grand Master)
A few things: 1. Baby pokemon? You must be in the wrong game lol, I believe this one is about WIZARDS :? . 2. Pets were taken from bazaar for a reason, wouldn't this defeat the purpose? If you don't want a pet, then trash it. Simple......

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
A pet pound would be really helpful for failed hybrids.... I have gotten six storm cats from trying to find a hybrid and i can't sell it or trade it all! The pet pound sounds like a great idea

~Brianna Starwalker Legendary Theurgist

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I actually disagree. I think whenever you sell the pet that it should go back to Baby. So then the person who bought it can decide what to do with it. It wouldnt be very good if somebody bought an Epic pet and claimed that they raised it and so on. And also, you shouldnt be able to sell your school pets such as Wraith, Stormzilla, etc.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Although the idea sounds nice, They would lose money for mega snacks if people could buy epic pet throwaways. So I don't see this happening. Not to mention they would lose money selling pets from the crown shop if people could just put them there. I don't see this happening.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
twinkz wrote:
A pet pound would be really helpful for failed hybrids.... I have gotten six storm cats from trying to find a hybrid and i can't sell it or trade it all! The pet pound sounds like a great idea

~Brianna Starwalker Legendary Theurgist

You can sell them. You can sell them over at the area where they sell stuff at. You just can't sell it at the bazaar itself for auction. Just because you can't auction it doesn't mean you can't sell it. But you get very lil for em.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2010
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Yes we Must have a pet pound! Do you know how hard it is for me to get a good life pet? I really need this man!

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I, too, have been frustrated at how much work it is to get the perfect pet.

That having been said, it often feels like everything we used to have to work for, new players can now simply buy someplace. Sometimes they don't even need Crowns.

Whilst building up my Life character, for example, I sacrificed Health, Mana, Damage and Resist bonuses, all to keep climbing towards 100% power pip. That was supposed to be my one advantage, that I could pull out a heavier spell faster than you.

Just about the time my power pip edge is just starting to show some notable game effect, we find that you can simply pop over to the Bazaar, buy one Ring and one Atheame and you have 42 points worth of power pip bonus with barely a scratch to that Health and Mana you've been beating me over the head with for 40 levels. All that work; all that sacrifice; and in the end, I've got nothing to show for it. You just walked up the easy path and bought it at the Bazaar.

I suppose it's inevitable; KI isn't here for charity and people are screaming for more, more, more, so they find a way to give it. Keeps people interested, keeps them paying to play. I get it.

Worse, minority like me who are willing to make sacrifices are extraordinarily patient; so they are not at much risk of losing too many of us over the lost effort. Plus, in my experience in the game these past three years, there aren't many like us to begin with. So the risk is really, really small for KI.

But once, maybe just this once, something in this game will have to be earned, and stay that way. It's bad enough these pets do everything from Spritely to casting Blades; can we at least make people pretend to work for the things they want in their pets?

The fact that pets were removed from the Bazaar suggests this might actually be the case. But I doubt it will stick. At some point, enough people will scream for a faster, more reliable way to get the pet they want, and KI will likely, eventually, decide that providing such will be a good business move.

And all that crafting and gardening for Mega Snacks, or worse, for some folks, actual Money being spent on Mega Snacks in the Crown Shop, and all that time spent tracking DNA traits and breeding statistics to get the perfect pet will all be completely wasted, and the next Heather WhistleSpoon can run down to the Pet Pound and buy her Epic Tricky Dragon with its DragonBlade, Spritely, Spell-Proof, Pips-O-Plenty, and Myth-Shot and sit back and watch it eat my poor little 7th Generate Pixie Queen with Card.

:: grin ::

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
Great idea and truthfully if we pestered the wizard101 company enough we'd definitely be able to have one updated in because I am sick of running dozens of quests repeatedly just to get one pet quote if you feel me! :D

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
Dude thats an awesome idea! I am sure that tons of people have tons of pets they dont really care for, (I myself have a coupple) I really think that is a very Very VERY good idea they should put this in Wizards

-Aaron MythBlade :D

Survivor
May 06, 2011
Great Idea!
But It Would Not let wizard101 get money to pay for the game?
but still Doesn't mean that its true.
but justsaying!

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
WNewman001 wrote:
vindeta wrote:
I already have a pet pound. Its called the dungeon at my death house basement where i have 40+ pets just roaming around

This is a Good Idea, but has a big flaw in this. Instead of getting it like everyone else has done before you, you wanna cheat and get it sooner. While my Level 70 Balance has 50+ Pets, my death has at minimum 35+, and the rest of my Characters has bout 25+ each.
I would love to sell, but then I'll be missing them from their play area in my castle!
Sorry but No Sell, for I train all my pets to Ancient or Epic's! Plus I hatch them to see what I would get out of them!

Regards;
William ThunderSword
Lvl 70 Balance
Legendary Death

um ok.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Sparks199 wrote:
I actually disagree. I think whenever you sell the pet that it should go back to Baby. So then the person who bought it can decide what to do with it. It wouldnt be very good if somebody bought an Epic pet and claimed that they raised it and so on. And also, you shouldnt be able to sell your school pets such as Wraith, Stormzilla, etc.

I agree it should be a baby. And school pets are off limits hybreds too. Come on school pets are level earned and should not be cheated. That said I would love to sell my pets - Even some epics.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
That said I would love to sell my pets - Even some epics.

Uhm...You can sell your pets -- to Zeke.

Nobody else will be able to buy them that way, but you can get a small recompense for your time and effort on the little guy.

I note with some irony that my Level 48 pet (Satyr) sells for 400 Gold, but my Level 58 pet (Forest Lord) sells for 0.

I get the zero for the school pet Forest Lord -- but the Satyr was a school pet, too. Both are First-Generation (100% certain on the Forest Lord, only 99% sure about the Satyr).

Both are trained to Adult so it's not an age thing.

In any regard -- you can sell Experiment 626 and all the other failed hatchlings if you're looking to clear up space in your house object count.

- Stephen EarthMender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
Champion
Nov 22, 2008

Regards;
William ThunderSword
Lvl 70 Balance
Legendary Death

OK I see this problem. Maybe at the pound we could have a no quest pet rule? If the pound were to come we need to have all quest pets non-sellable.
Then we could not cheat and get pets that help hurry us along.

My sis loves the idea.
So do I but again no sell quest pets.
Only sell quest pets to Zeke.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
loganrobertson321 wrote:
This is great, i know my friend has tons of cool pets that he doesn't care for-
Unfortunetly, it would be filled with dragons and piggles within the first couple days :(
I would probably be guilty of it, but people (me) would camp the pound, armed with hundred of thousands of gold, snatching up the cool and rare pets.

Instead *Brilliant idea moment* how about an auction!

When a new pet comes in, the bidding starts at like 1000 gold, and every bid pushes it up another thousand. Instead of it going once , twice, three times sold- people get one miniut to bid before the pet is claimed.

To encourge people to donate pets, say the pet goes for 50,000 gold the person who donated the pet gets 25,000 gold awarded to them.

Ok love this idea, but problem is, that's a lot to put in a game. There is a lot that need to be taken account into this.

Problem one: People with slower computer won't be able to compete with this.

Problem two: The friends of the one who who put that pet up for sell might bid just to raise the price for their friend.

Problem three: Will the younge kids understand what they are getting themselves into?

Problem four: When does the biding stop? When the players who are bidding on the pet reach their max in gold?

Problem five: What pet can be bid? Only drops? Or would it also include pets you buy from the shops?

It sounds like a great idea, and I'd love it. But thing is I think that type of system might be to complex for a game like Wizard101, where there are several young kids out there that might not understand how to bid. They might bid on a pet that they could buy from a shop and keep bidding on it until that 300 gold pet becomes 12000 gold.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2011
this could be a good idea at first...but,eventually people will stop farming thinking they could get it at the pound and soon the only pets you're gonna find there are...piggles so it will be removed like the bazaar's pet sell/buy option

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
marinersk said it best. I work hard for the things I get. I grind for my pets, furniture, reagents, etc. Having a pound/shelter/auction thing cuts out the work for getting the pets. I don't grow mega snacks and only bought the mega pet snacks once. I craft my snacks as they give the best results, or if I'm lucky to find the other types in the bazaar.

Plus I can easily see the system being abused. You can see the perfect pet just sitting there and you have enough gold to get it but then at the last minute someone outbids you and snips it away.

Or like me, I'm very picky about what pet I want. So I could spend hours hovering over the pound and never see anything or when I finally do then the price is quickly outbid. Cheap pets could be sold for really high amounts of gold.

In the end if you're really that unhappy with the pets you have just sell them. I sold a few of mine, it's no big deal. Sure you spent time, energy, and gold into training them but that's some of the loss you have to take.