Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Pound

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Idea; have a pet pound. Rember when we had the pets at the bazaar, well if we had a place were we put pets we do not want, but other people do, it would be good. If ki (!!TAKE NOTICE KI!!) opened a pet pound in the pet pavalion where we put pets, pets would be more fun, think about it, have a shop that has a but and sell tab, and five buttons, Baby, Teen, Adult, Ancient, Epic. The baby tab would have baby pokemon, and so on, it would act like the bazaar, having the pets price determined on how many there are. This way a unwanted Dragonspyre pet can go to a level 22 wizard who has the gold. We should also have pet trades, having to pay gold to trade. Aditional idea, we should have the options to use crowns for the pound, but also gold if we want to. Please tell me what you think
~Rowan (Grand Master)

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Defender
May 13, 2009
A pet pound sounds awesome since they took the option of selling and buying pets at the bazaar. If the pet pound ever comes out, teen, ancient and epic pets would proboally be more expensive than a baby pet

Love the idea so so much!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
1232me wrote:
Idea; have a pet pound. Rember when we had the pets at the bazaar, well if we had a place were we put pets we do not want, but other people do, it would be good. If ki (!!TAKE NOTICE KI!!) opened a pet pound in the pet pavalion where we put pets, pets would be more fun, think about it, have a shop that has a but and sell tab, and five buttons, Baby, Teen, Adult, Ancient, Epic. The baby tab would have baby pokemon, and so on, it would act like the bazaar, having the pets price determined on how many there are. This way a unwanted Dragonspyre pet can go to a level 22 wizard who has the gold. We should also have pet trades, having to pay gold to trade. Aditional idea, we should have the options to use crowns for the pound, but also gold if we want to. Please tell me what you think
~Rowan (Grand Master)

Great idea.
P.S.- I doubt anyone would want to sell their epic pet :P

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
The baby tab would have baby pokemon, and so on, That right there shot your idea down. Ideas have to be orginal! Pokemon has already been made. KI has to put a spin and twist on things, but for Pokemon, it would be too evident.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1232me wrote:
~Rowan (Grand Master)

nice idea but there is something ya need to edit

it says the baby tab would have baby pokemon
i was like do ya mean pets not pokemon
this isnt pokemon so pls dont mention it here lol

but anyway the rest of the post i liked
i hope they make this

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
This is great, i know my friend has tons of cool pets that he doesn't care for-
Unfortunetly, it would be filled with dragons and piggles within the first couple days :(
I would probably be guilty of it, but people (me) would camp the pound, armed with hundred of thousands of gold, snatching up the cool and rare pets.

Instead *Brilliant idea moment* how about an auction!

When a new pet comes in, the bidding starts at like 1000 gold, and every bid pushes it up another thousand. Instead of it going once , twice, three times sold- people get one miniut to bid before the pet is claimed.

To encourge people to donate pets, say the pet goes for 50,000 gold the person who donated the pet gets 25,000 gold awarded to them.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
I already have a pet pound. Its called the dungeon at my death house basement where i have 40+ pets just roaming around

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
As interesting as it would be, it would destroy all originality that the pets might have, for example if someone spent hours farming for that one pet and then to see that the pet was at the pound the whole time. See my point?

Julia Dragonrider

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
it is a good idea.
but maybe put a timer on it so you can only buy one pet and then have to wait.much like hatching.that would put a stop to people standing in there all day taking all the pets that pop up.
i have many epic pets id sell and love to give to people.most with both resist sprite and then a fail at epic.i have no need for these.as it goes now do i sell them and just see them go to waste?no i hang on to them for some silly reason :?
i was not playing when pets could be brought and sold so i have no idea why it got taken out.but im sure with some thought it could be put back in,but really with some work any one can have the pet they want with the stats they want.

Historian
May 01, 2010
jekbeau wrote:
The baby tab would have baby pokemon, and so on, That right there shot your idea down. Ideas have to be orginal! Pokemon has already been made. KI has to put a spin and twist on things, but for Pokemon, it would be too evident.

Why not stop to think: he might play Pokemon, might just be a typo, or confusion, never know (shouldnt assume because he said pets 10 times, while Pokemon, once, seems like an accident to me).

Anyway, great idea, though, I can see people (not that there is anything wrong with it) transferring epic pets (epic as in talents like spell proof, defy spritely, etc in one pet)to others, and on that topic, bypassing the crowns option for energy elixer (peson sells pet to friend, friend sells it back) why not put when you sell a pet, it reverts back into an egg?

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
it would be awesome
1232me wrote:
~Rowan (Grand Master)

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
lucara wrote:
1232me wrote:
~Rowan (Grand Master)

Great idea.
P.S.- I doubt anyone would want to sell their epic pet :P

I would i have a bunch with talents that are great but I have too many in that type or they are great but not for me, so yea i would sell. I just think that the amount of money it would could for an epic (and it makes sense that they would cost) you may want to change that to a system that buys stores and sells it blank. They would be taking a chance that the talen they get it good as I am sure there are loads of terrible pets that will be sold.

but the trade off is you have access to a cheaper used pet. I would say that hybrids or school pets should not be sold there (like auction) but drops and promotonal pets can. Maybe a more effect way is to not allow first generation pet sells and then you can allow hybrids.

But i think its a good idea i miss not having pets in the auction. I thought the whole purpose of auction was to sell drops thereby allow others to buy your drops as opposed having to farm for everything. But when you took the pets I thought you would move it but you didnt. This may be a way to correct that? Maybe?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I love the idea of a pet pound. I've got tons of pets that I'd 'donate' so someone else can have a go at them. :D

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I don't think that's a good idea.i mean,look at all the pounds out there:they are not that nice.At least I do not think we should call it a pound because that name just bugs me and I would not take MY pets to the pound.Mabye it shoud be a shelter,or a kennel,whatever,just please,please!do not call it a pound.
Excuse me if this message was not approved of.

Bailey Skullvault
LvL 43 Master
Pyromancer.<3

FIRE AND DEATH ROCK!!!!!!!(i mean the schools)

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
ok people, the pokemon part was a typo, meant pets k? the same problem with the bazaar, you farm forever for the best clothes, and you see they are at the bazaar. I do doubt people would sell epic pets, but if they were quitting game..... then perhaps. and, yes there should be a pet limit of how much you can but in a day.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
Explorer
Sep 19, 2009
1232me wrote:
~Rowan (Grand Master)

its a nice idea and all but it kinda defeats the purpose of farming and hatching pets. i mean why would anyone farm for a pet if they could buy someone else's. it would make pets less valuable and less unique. i personally think they should keep things the way they are so that pets can keep their value.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
windwarrior700 wrote:
1232me wrote:
~Rowan (Grand Master)

its a nice idea and all but it kinda defeats the purpose of farming and hatching pets. i mean why would anyone farm for a pet if they could buy someone else's. it would make pets less valuable and less unique. i personally think they should keep things the way they are so that pets can keep their value.

I agree. I'm just getting into the whole pet thing more recently with hatching and all that, and i really think the value of having rare pets would go down.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
see if they did that, they'd have to have certain pets that said "no sell" or whatever. I'm pretty sure the whole reason they took pets out of bazaar is people were getting super rare pets for gold that they should be having to farm people for...

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I have played this game for 3 years and i think it is a great idea having a pet pound because i have 5 ancients 10 adults and 20 teens and none have spritely and that got me mad so i want to buy a epic pet with spritely. :-D

(Samuel stronghunter transcended thaumaturge)