Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Extra Damage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
I have a question regarding damage. Yesterday, while questing in Zafaria, another fire wizard of the same level with *worse* gear than me in terms of bonus damage was using regular Fireballs and doing over 1k damage with no blades. After examining him, his pet gave no bonuses and he only had +61% damage to fire compared to my 64%. My fireballs only do around 550-650 with no blades, is there a reason for this? Is there something I am doing wrong? lol

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
dadelous wrote:
I have a question regarding damage. Yesterday, while questing in Zafaria, another fire wizard of the same level with *worse* gear than me in terms of bonus damage was using regular Fireballs and doing over 1k damage with no blades. After examining him, his pet gave no bonuses and he only had +61% damage to fire compared to my 64%. My fireballs only do around 550-650 with no blades, is there a reason for this? Is there something I am doing wrong? lol

maybe his were going critical and yours arent

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
This might not be the reason but he probably equipped gargantuan to his meteor. It adds 250 damage to a spell.
If you don't have it, it's one of the astral spells in celestia, I can't remember which one though.
Hope this helps. :)

Fallon Dragoncaller

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dadelous wrote:

Were you in the fight with the wizard the whole time? Sometimes if you join a duel late or don't join at all (watch from the sidelines), blades, wards and pips are not visible to others besides the casting wizard.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
gargantuan is probably one of the reasons, or the new one colossal which boosts the damage 275+

Squire
Apr 18, 2010