Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

disappointed in Zarfaria

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Some people say Zafaria is easier than Celestia, but if you solo it, you'll think it's harder than Celestia. One thing I kind of don't like is I wish it gave you more a warning when bosses are going to cheat, because I was freaking out last night all because of not knowing a boss I had to defeat cheated.

Caroline Sunbright level 66 life

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I have just started Zafaria. I love it.

I think we all need to remember KI tries to make this game so everyone can play it. The average player needs to be considered. Many people simply don't have time to spend hours and hours on a computer game. Others simply want to have fun at the end of a long day. They don't want their relaxation to be another job.

The game caught on because it was so different from other games. I hope KI holds on tightly to the elements that made it so popular to begin with, a fun entertaining way to relax, an engaging storyline and fun, not frustrating battles that anyone from 5-90 years old could understand. What was going on was clear. Cheats are ok. But some players have trouble picking up on the subtle elements of cheats. (I am thinking of my disabled daughter. She can play the first arc fine solo for the most part. She would not pick up on cheats even though clues are given. That she can play says a great deal about this game.)

I hope KI will consider using a Dragonspyre type distribution of Transcendent Gear. People like my son and I will not and have not farmed for Water Works gear. We generally don't have the time or patience (in my case) to do a Dungeon umpteen times for gear.

In Zafaria a see a balancing act.

Thank you KI for your time and effort.
Megan

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree. The spells I think were pretty good (could of been better, but PvP). The clothes were awful and yes our WW gear reamin the best. Can't wait for the transcended tower. The quests were so annoying almost all of them were defeat and collect. The monsters don't critical I wish they did. I finished basicly in 48 hours spread over a week. The last dungeon was a decent challenge. I liked it, but the only parts that made me really want to leave the realm were Stone town and Waterfront because they were way too boring. KI's next realm is gonna rock I can just tell. Hopefully it won't be too hard like Celestia, but won't be too easy like Zafaria.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
I totally agree Timothy Breeze lvl 70 Life

GhostlyOtto wrote:
Zafaria is awful.

1.) I started less then a week ago and I already leveled up six times.

2.) The fights are way too easy. They enemies don't critical or block critical hits. They're also just kind of weak all around. I want a challenge.

3.)The legendary crafting quest is ridiculous. It takes large amounts of the two rarest reagents in the game. It will take me at lest three weeks to complete.

4.) The gear is worthless. The Waterworks gear remains the best in the game with the level 58 gear and crafted Celestia gear the second best.

5.) The worst thing is the defeat and collect quests. The fire lion ravagers in the savannah are just the beginning. I'm currently in stone town and Zafaria so far has more defeat and collect quest then I can count.

To sum it up Zafaria is a boring world with very little variety. The entire world is full of defeat and collect quests, the gear is awful, and the fights are too easy to be very entertaining.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
well thats to bad for u guys i dont really care for the gear but the ones i get from battles r ok but u shouldnt be mean to kingsisle they didnt do anything wrong i have a friend that plays this and he finds it hard to fight cuase hes a life student and he thinks that they dont have enough attack spells so everybody has their advantages and disadvanteges good luck with the game!!!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Now that I have been in Zafaria for a while, I really enjoy it.
It is pleasant to listen to the chants of the natives and almost like a military beat that I really enjoy since I served in the U.S. Air Force when I was much younger. I thank King's Isle and staff for another great world.
Wizard 101 has given me many months of fun and it is a great get-away from real life. Kelly Spiritcatcher, life wizard. :) I also truly appreciate the great art work and details and thought that went into this game in all of the worlds of Wizard 101.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Dudes what you don't get is your travels to Zafaria is a wizards vacation in which you get a little action.

why do you always have to complain about everything play the game to get out of it what you can.

Zafaria is a cool world and the final dungeon is about the most fun i have had in a few world not to mention one of great drops.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
yeah the amulets are dissapointing i mean who wants a evil snowman for that price!? :( :( :( :(

Defender
May 01, 2011
GhostlyOtto wrote:
Zafaria is awful.

1.) I started less then a week ago and I already leveled up six times.

2.) The fights are way too easy. They enemies don't critical or block critical hits. They're also just kind of weak all around. I want a challenge.

3.)The legendary crafting quest is ridiculous. It takes large amounts of the two rarest reagents in the game. It will take me at lest three weeks to complete.

4.) The gear is worthless. The Waterworks gear remains the best in the game with the level 58 gear and crafted Celestia gear the second best.

5.) The worst thing is the defeat and collect quests. The fire lion ravagers in the savannah are just the beginning. I'm currently in stone town and Zafaria so far has more defeat and collect quest then I can count.

To sum it up Zafaria is a boring world with very little variety. The entire world is full of defeat and collect quests, the gear is awful, and the fights are too easy to be very entertaining.

You do know zafaria gear gives over 400+ health! It is possible to have 5,000+ health if you have the right zafaria gear i know that because i have a friend that has good zf gear! Waterworks gear is basiclly made for critical block and hit. but with zf gear critical hit and block is raised. you need zf gear if ya wanna get past mirror lake fast.Zafaria is a very cool designed world too. i disagree with this whole zf is boring and a stupid world.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I sometimes don't like zafaria because my friend told me help and I tried porting to him at mirror lake but I can't. I think it's because I need to be a higher level and then he just died. Then he deleted me and told me I should have helped him

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
avhop567 wrote:
Boy, you guys are all complainers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zafaria is sickly awesome!!!

I definately agree. I love how it is themed after the real world. they do this every world and I love it. But the gear is a bit of a let downn. It is so weak! Buying a ZF wad is like throwing money in the trash. Just do the Celestia quest in Stormriven hall! Zafaria is amazing though, and I definately think it is no worse than the other worlds.

Daniel Sandshard- Level 70 Transcended Sorcerer OR

Colin Legendweaver- Level 61 Legendary Conjerer

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
Yes - I want more of a challenge. I want to have to use my best spells too het through the world.

I want to know that I needed to get to lvl 60 just to stand a chance - and not realize that I could have got through at lvl 35 - 55 fairly easily :)

As much as the target audience is for families and kids - there sure do seem to be a whole heap of older gamers that are enjoying this game. Most gamers are men in their 30s - interesting huh?

Hope they do a Wizard university soon - I want my character to grow up and face real challenges.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
zafaria wasnt that bad the gear was the only thing that disappointed me now they come out with gear lvl 70 only in crowns -.-

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I am not dissappointed in zafaria (Probably because I can beat some of the easy enemies at lvl 27) I have played this for about 3wks and am addicted to it.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
animalcrackersr1 wrote:
i was sad how zarfaria came out and how it looked. mainly the market it is way to costs to much and not worth it too me the amulets are cool but that's the only thing i liked about the whole world and the monster aren't a challenge too me i was really disappointed that KI made this world and expected way better of them now my expectations have gone way to much that i don't like the game any more.

if you agree or disagree please post on this page

yea i was there at level 34 and defeated like three or four bosses with one level 70 friend.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
avhop567 wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
*Sigh* More complaints? So what is ZF was a tad easy?
exactly the people here except you, me and a couple of of other people aren't complainers. The rest of the people are big fat five year olds complaining about everything.

I totally agree!!!!! ZF rocks!!!

It's not too easy yet not too hard. Its difficulty is PERFECT. So sit back and enjoy it!!! And, hey! If it gives bad gear, then KI is giving us gear to sell at the bazaar to get more stuff!!! :D

KI don't you dare change ZF!!!!!

Survivor
May 01, 2010
i'm also disappointed with Zafaria.

It took me 3 days to complete the whole world + side quests... they're just too easy, i did mirror lake with 2 people and we never died, we need a challenge KI!

Perhaps put a world in with rank 13 stuff with like 3500 health, and 15000 health bosses.. thats what we need! Not weak gear + boring worlds.

PS: it took me 12 days to complete the crafting... its just too easy

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
animalcrackersr1 wrote:
i was sad how zarfaria came out and how it looked. mainly the market it is way to costs to much and not worth it too me the amulets are cool but that's the only thing i liked about the whole world and the monster aren't a challenge too me i was really disappointed that KI made this world and expected way better of them now my expectations have gone way to much that i don't like the game any more.

sup 8) i want to say three things, first of all its zafaria not zarfaria. second, KI has worked hard on developing worlds and all that. and finally, stop behaving like a three year old that can all do is complain and wont be grateful for anything, no offense but you are behaving like one. maybe you should be grateful and stop acting like a little kid. bye bye

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
I understand it took a lot of time to make zafaria. I also love the theme, but the quests repeated themselves so often, the spears took forever, and overall I was disappointed. In previouse worlds we had a storyline that meant something (chasing malistaire) this (tell me if I am wrong) was not connected to morganthe until mirror lake which was a completely different quest line. I just didn't understand zf and didn't like much of it except how much of ease it was to complete and the African theme.
Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire
See you in the spiral!

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
muttly889 wrote:
i'm also disappointed with Zafaria.

It took me 3 days to complete the whole world + side quests... they're just too easy, i did mirror lake with 2 people and we never died, we need a challenge KI!

Perhaps put a world in with rank 13 stuff with like 3500 health, and 15000 health bosses.. thats what we need! Not weak gear + boring worlds.

PS: it took me 12 days to complete the crafting... its just too easy

that is almost exactly what happened to me. my bro and i beat all of zf in 3 days and we beat mirror lake just the 2 of us. i did love the African theme, but the gear sucked (well at least for my purposes of wanting resist) and it was a very easy world to complete. i already posted about this, hopefully my post appears lol.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
I love Zafaria! The colors and accents are amazing, although, I do agree that the gear is horribly not worth any gold compared to Celestia. The new level 68 spells are absolutely amazing. Stop bashing KI; they worked hard on this and you guys should be grateful! You guys had very super super high expectations if you hate Zafaria. It's absolutely wonderful! Besides, it's just a game. Quit if you hate it THAT much, just stop complaining. Good job, KingsIsle! :D

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
animalcrackersr1 wrote:

Zafaria is awesome and you really should give it a try you dont have to stop liking it im seeing the same thing happening to this game as it has to so many others (well mainly club penguin but yea its happened to alot of games) people are so stuck in the past they cant learn to enjoy the new and better stuff the game has come up with and i refuse to let the game be torn apart by people stuck in the past so much wizard101 is my favorite game and it always will be besides have any of you been to zafaria its very good and i for one and am glad wizard101 made this world in five words i dont agree with you

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
animalcrackersr1 wrote:

I think that is true i was only mad at 4 things but i still love the game.
1)A little to easy i am max level and i aint even done.
2)to much money for outfits
3)The spells:i am ice and the new spell does not attack all of them not helpful and the new spells in zaffaria not cool stop making spells that increase your power make new spells i wanted to see some spells from pigswick academy
4)no new monsters all lion,zebras,and bugs need out of the ordinary

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I finished Zafaria in FOUR days!

WAY too easy, the new spell berserk is unfair and I am defending Life (even though im a Fire wizard) that they dont have enough attack all enemies spells. They only have ONE, ONE attack all enemy spells just UNFAIR!!!

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Hideous13 wrote:
animalcrackersr1 wrote:

sup 8) i want to say three things, first of all its zafaria not zarfaria. second, KI has worked hard on developing worlds and all that. and finally, stop behaving like a three year old that can all do is complain and wont be grateful for anything, no offense but you are behaving like one. maybe you should be grateful and stop acting like a little kid. bye bye
Actually we are gratefull in our own ways BUT that changes nothing that the gear was horrible and to many defeat and collect quest. Were not acting like little kids here were just telling KI what they should fix in the next world thats all so dont get on us cause we have some complaints.