Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life:Rainbows and Unicorns

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
fx41001 wrote:

Honestly you are right and allot of other on this board are wrong, though we may be the minority. I bet this is because they do not have a life character. I however have 4 character.

You apparently feel that life is a warrior school. I'm guessing that you're one of those who never heals anyone, including yourself, in battle unless someone dies.

Your focus if you are playing life right should be to ensure that everyone, including yourself, stays as damage free as possible, and ends the battle without even a scratch.

Pretty sure you don't do that and are probably sitting there right now with your mouth hanging open, spluttering in indignation at the thought.

But get this through your head. Life isn't a warrior school. Life shouldn't be worried about attacking. Life should be worried about healing.

Play storm or fire as primary and life as secondary if you want a warrior that can also heal, not the other way around.

Can not tell if you are being sarcastic here or believe this? Played right, as with any other school, life can be just as threatening in the game, it starts with the lowest fizzle rate that makes us more effective out of the gate. Every school gets healing spells for their deck, what you are avoiding is wasting your pips on them. Just because we don't get the big guy until level 58 does not mean we don't kill stuff till then. I would be very put off if I were your friend and all you expected was healing from me, if for no other reason can you imagine how boring the game would be if that is all I devoted my time to?

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
bushbaby123 wrote:
I was there before KI first put up their 1,000,000 player fountain in MA's courtyard and i was there when KI took it down and put the new fountain in the middle of the stream in the commons. I was there BEFORE castalia when there was only ds. I am a level 40 life wizard. Infact I just earned level 40 like a month ago and still am level 40. Life wizards have so many DISADVANTAGES. Sure we can heal with rainbows and unicorns but you know what KI where's our big power spells? We have centar and seraph thats all. You need to make a spell that overpowers all the other schools to make it up to us. I once, when i was level 36, was defeated in pvp by a level 9 wizard. Level 9. That proves we need more power spells when we are fighting monsters alone with none of our friends to help us. Please do not continue life with just rainbows and unicorns. We want to be the ones winning battles for our friends not just being helped or helping with healing. Life wizards need to be let to speak up. We are wizards too right?Comment if you agree or if you disagree.
Grace F.

Pretty much you have been here since the beginning? I was here about a month before "Fiona Ashblood" was the millionth. I am nearly Transcended Necromancer. Life is easy, with heals. Just get some storm friends. Also, there is seraph, centaur, forest lord, and gnome.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
UncleGlenny wrote:
JinZah wrote:

Now back to the topic at hand. The life wizard is the least solo friendly class in the game.

I couldn't disagree more. I have gone solo almost the entire game. It DOES get a little rough around Celestia, but once you get Forest Lord, you're back to kicking tale. I've messed with several schools for a secondary, and while I've settled on Balance, I've come to the conclusion that Life doesn't really need a secondary school. Just pick a few supplemental spells from various schools to suit your play style.

I have to agree with you UncleGlenny. I have a legendary life on one account and a level 40 on the second account. She was the second wizard I created and surpassed my fire wizard, which was my first wizard. No I am not running my legendary with the level 40.

Anyway, I have done a lot of solo with both life wizards. I have fire as secondary on Legendary and have not used a single fire spell in about a year. If I could afford the crowns, I would just buy back my secondary spells. No I did not solo CL, I was running with a friend that no longer plays. I have soloed quite a bit of WT but there are still areas that even life needs a little help.

The only wizard i have had trouble with running solo has been my storm wizard on my first account and I have started running the level 40 life with her. Since I can rarely run now when my friends are on, this has been the best thing for me to do. It also helps me avoid using henchmen except for those spell quests.

I don't think any school can really be classified as the least solo friendly, but for me, the hardest to solo has been storm. I know she will get stronger as she levels, but for now, she has help from life.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
brwac wrote:
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
fx41001 wrote:

Honestly you are right and allot of other on this board are wrong, though we may be the minority. I bet this is because they do not have a life character. I however have 4 character.

You apparently feel that life is a warrior school. I'm guessing that you're one of those who never heals anyone, including yourself, in battle unless someone dies.

Your focus if you are playing life right should be to ensure that everyone, including yourself, stays as damage free as possible, and ends the battle without even a scratch.

Pretty sure you don't do that and are probably sitting there right now with your mouth hanging open, spluttering in indignation at the thought.

But get this through your head. Life isn't a warrior school. Life shouldn't be worried about attacking. Life should be worried about healing.

Play storm or fire as primary and life as secondary if you want a warrior that can also heal, not the other way around.

Can not tell if you are being sarcastic here or believe this? Played right, as with any other school, life can be just as threatening in the game, it starts with the lowest fizzle rate that makes us more effective out of the gate. Every school gets healing spells for their deck, what you are avoiding is wasting your pips on them. Just because we don't get the big guy until level 58 does not mean we don't kill stuff till then. I would be very put off if I were your friend and all you expected was healing from me, if for no other reason can you imagine how boring the game would be if that is all I devoted my time to?

Well you actually summed it up for me lol. I am the healer. I make sure everyone is alive thank you. Ask my friends I over hea! But I do like how fast you are to judge me and infer things so quick. If you saw I do attack allot. I always have attack cards in my hand to help out. This game would get boring if all life did was heal. No one would do it . So did you read my post?I never said ohh lets make life the most powerful school to fit my needs. I am saying life is nice but there are something life got the raw end of the deal on and can get better as the game progresses. It is harder as a result.

I do find myself in group play with a heal first then attack mentality. I know when to heal and I know when to attack I honestly do not need you to tell me that. I am guessing you are one of the other 6 schools looking inside your head trying to imagine what it would be like to be life rather than have gone through it. But life is prolly the least friendly and to play solo as in time consuming in the battles along with balance. But I hardly ever die in a battle they just take 20+ minutes harder soloing then in group play for life people up until forest lord.

I have allot of friends that are there to help if i need help and half the time I meet my friends by playing the game on the areas I need help at so its a win win situation.

Also, I have 4 wizards and btw one is a fire and the other is a storm so I kinda think I do know what I am talking about. My very first school was life? lol so I know sides and the game.

So . . . Life is not all about healing. I bet you did not read my post. So don't attack me when you do not really know the facts of what you are saying. Life can be what you choose it to be. Offensive or defensive based on your strategies and your schools you combine it with to make it the best.

Blake NightWraith

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
Brava all you fellow theurgist! I do not like being called into a battle just to heal. I can knock out 4 enemies with one fell swoop with my harvest lord, I never have to heal myself, I have 3836 health. I rarely fizzle. What IS NOT to love about being a life wizard? As others have said, start over with another school. I tried that and I did not like it at all. This is a game that is meant to be challenging! Embrace it!

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
I do understand why you think life is weak on the attack but Life is a truely patient school and a lot of times you need to think outside the box when choosing your spells a lot of times I use the Life bubble to increase healing and the Fairy spell just for an added partner while soloing.

A perfect 2nd school IMHO is death at least to Feint, death gives you another form of healing and works especially against enemy Life !

A good tertiary school is either ice for the shield to reduce incoming for 50% or balance for the added defences.

Please reconsider, others may have the right of it Life is not for the feint of heart (pun intended). If you do prefer doing more damage then find another school and choose Life second. I find Fire boring, Storm too unpredictable, and Myth just wierd.......

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
macr05s wrote:
I do understand why you think life is weak on the attack but Life is a truely patient school and a lot of times you need to think outside the box when choosing your spells a lot of times I use the Life bubble to increase healing and the Fairy spell just for an added partner while soloing.

A perfect 2nd school IMHO is death at least to Feint, death gives you another form of healing and works especially against enemy Life !

A good tertiary school is either ice for the shield to reduce incoming for 50% or balance for the added defences.

Please reconsider, others may have the right of it Life is not for the feint of heart (pun intended). If you do prefer doing more damage then find another school and choose Life second. I find Fire boring, Storm too unpredictable, and Myth just wierd.......

It was ironic that you said this because I am actually part death and life on my life account :D