Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zafaria - the good and the bad

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Thought I'd start a thread where people could post both the good things they like about Zafaria and the bad things.

I'll start.

The good:

I absolutely love the graphics. The 3d design team has out done themselves with this world in my opinion. It shines, it's fun to just wander around in. It's rich with detail and feels real. The blue flames on the lions, the water texture and animation .. the only thing lacking is smells.

The bad:

It was released full of bugs, and what's worse, a lot of the bugs are things that were reported multiple times on the test port. It's like the design staff was told "worry about fixing them later, just take notes and get that world into play" or something. If so, that was a very bad management decision whoever made it. Yes, we wanted a new world, but we wanted one that worked when released, not one that kinda worked but really didn't and had to be patched rapidly for several weeks after release.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
good: defeat and collect missions are WAY easier now & graphics are great

bad: some new spells arent very creative & it lags too much

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
qwertyuiop749 wrote:

Have we been playing the same game? I had to kill about 50 lions to collect 8 staves.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
DrQuantum wrote:
qwertyuiop749 wrote:

Have we been playing the same game? I had to kill about 50 lions to collect 8 staves.

i hated that quest, too, but the rest of the collecting quests are much easier than in cl

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
qwertyuiop749 wrote:
DrQuantum wrote:
qwertyuiop749 wrote:

i hated that quest, too, but the rest of the collecting quests are much easier than in cl

Perhaps I have forgotten about CL, but I don't remember having any trouble collecting until crustacean empire.. which was towards the end at least lol. I don't know, I feel as if all i'm doing in CL is collecting. fighting creatures and rarely bosses (which i prefer). I think it's time for KI to imply a new type of quest: perhaps puzzles and such? There has been some puzzles in dungeons and towers but not really in regular questing if i remember right. I am only lvl 64 and I am tired of fighting these creatures over and over and over again already. How am I going to get to 70 :( It's not my intention to put KI down, but I think it's time to put our thinking caps on and come out with different things to do for quests rather than fighting all the time. For those days we want to fight endlessly, we have towers for that now :)

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Too easy is the good. I just started the science center when ZF got released. 3 days later after ZF came out, I completed CL, got to Drum Jungle and became Transcended.

So I'm not too much of a critic for the bad. I just do quests with other wizards who have the same quest.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Thought I'd start a thread where people could post both the good things they like about Zafaria and the bad things.

I'll start.

The good:

I absolutely love the graphics. The 3d design team has out done themselves with this world in my opinion. It shines, it's fun to just wander around in. It's rich with detail and feels real. The blue flames on the lions, the water texture and animation .. the only thing lacking is smells.

The bad:

It was released full of bugs, and what's worse, a lot of the bugs are things that were reported multiple times on the test port. It's like the design staff was told "worry about fixing them later, just take notes and get that world into play" or something. If so, that was a very bad management decision whoever made it. Yes, we wanted a new world, but we wanted one that worked when released, not one that kinda worked but really didn't and had to be patched rapidly for several weeks after release.

It may be good and bad...LOL but you should respect 101 kingsisle made it fore a reason Rylee firecaster lvl 70

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
qwertyuiop749 wrote:

i think the new spells are creative lol

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
The good: It's just fun in general
The bad: They need more mana whisps in the Commons

Caroline Sunbright level 66 life

Champion
May 03, 2011
I'll be honest here. I love the look of it. I have two wizards in Zamunda now, and I am finding the difficulty level about right. The bad: it's boring. The quests are way too repetitive. Not just the Fire Lions. The Greyhorns and the Shamans, too. I keep getting sent back to fight more of the same guys, and frankly I am losing interest. I want more story. More different stuff to do besides fight the same monsters over and over. There are few bosses, at least so far.

I hate to say this, because I still love the game. But my Life wiz is in DS, and I am playing her a lot more. It's just more interesting, even though I've done it all before. And, although this is really just a personal preference, it's less claustrophobic-feeling. Zafaria feels like a small space with too much in it.

I will keep playing in ZF, but I am taking my time. There are only so many battles I can do over and over. These days I fight three or four of them, then switch to another character in a different, more expansive world.

Just my two cents.

Tabitha

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
I think the whole storyline was amazing as well as the graphics.

I hated some of the quests though. It was like they were the same quest with different names. It was terribly annoying after a while especailly on the lions.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Garrett15141 wrote:
qwertyuiop749 wrote:

i think the new spells are creative lol

i agree, i was lvl 65 or something when i made that post, but i now stand corrected. RoF is still pretty unimaginative though.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I am in agreement about the Lions. KI needs to learn what the right kind of "difficult" is. To be properly difficult, the game needs to test something more than just your patience. The first boss battle in the dormitory was fun because I really had to plan carefully to just survive. But the Lions became a chore. We know how to do it; it just was made to drag out.