Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mend Spell/Berserk, is there a point?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
I unlocked and trained in the mend skill on the card it says 20% to (has a little heart symbol) for 4 rounds.. When I used the card I got message +30% to outgoing, what is mend supposed to do? And if mend is wrong is there even a point to getting berserk I have to take 40% more incoming damage just to get another 30% outgoing?

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
vsythin wrote:
I unlocked and trained in the mend skill on the card it says 20% to (has a little heart symbol) for 4 rounds.. When I used the card I got message +30% to outgoing, what is mend supposed to do? And if mend is wrong is there even a point to getting berserk I have to take 40% more incoming damage just to get another 30% outgoing?

Mend is +20% Outgoing Heal for 4 Rounds.

Berserk is Incoming 40% Damage boost, Outgoing 30% Damage boost. Basically with Berserk you're leaving yourself open for a double Amplify.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Johnist wrote:
vsythin wrote:

Berserk is Incoming 40% Damage boost, Outgoing 30% Damage boost. Basically with Berserk you're leaving yourself open for a double Amplify.

Yeah, not quite sure what they were thinking with Bezerk!

I mean, Amplify is 15 or 20% if you use a treasure card, so for an extra 10% outgoing for 4 rounds, I have to have an increase of 40% damage to me for 4 rounds?

The idea is good, but it should have been 50% outgoing and 30% incoming damage boosts, not the other way around...

Wont be training this spell, that is for sure!

Historian
May 01, 2010
Johnist wrote:
vsythin wrote:

I quite like mend too; It effects the sprites that my pet casts, and it gives my friends +20% heal, which my biggest pet pieve for life, is friends that dont have any incoming heal (aquired from countless farming of waterworks, and that D&G at the end), and that solves some of the problem.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
Then they should fix the card to say 20% to outgoing heal for 4 rounds instead of it saying +20% to heal what a rip off and a waste of a training point worthless spell.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
I know what most of y'all are doing. I did it too. You see that big heart on the Berserk spell and thought healing. Mend is a healing enhancement aura and Berserk is a damage enhancement aura. With Berserk, think of having a 30% blade for four rounds while having a 40% trap for four rounds.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
this is suppose to be mainly used for death students. am i right?

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
vsythin wrote:
Then they should fix the card to say 20% to outgoing heal for 4 rounds instead of it saying +20% to heal what a rip off and a waste of a training point worthless spell.

lol its not worthless at all you just arent using it right

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Garrett15141 wrote:
vsythin wrote:

It IS worthless if he/she never heals anyone else...

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
kamarynjelise wrote:
Garrett15141 wrote:
vsythin wrote:

That's is so right plus as life you get guiding light and one other spell which I forget the name that is way better. I would much rather have a spell that does exactly what the card says it is supposed to do +20 heal for 4 rounds. It's call mend it should heal me for 4 rounds. I want my training point back!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
vsythin wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:
Garrett15141 wrote:
vsythin wrote:

That's is so right plus as life you get guiding light and one other spell which I forget the name that is way better. I would much rather have a spell that does exactly what the card says it is supposed to do +20 heal for 4 rounds. It's call mend it should heal me for 4 rounds. I want my training point back!

First, the spell is only worthless if "you" don't heal at all. It doesn't matter if you are healing someone else or not. You will get the bonus if you cast a heal spell on yourself. It will also work if you are healing someone else. It doesn't provide a bonus if you have the aura up and someone heals you.

Second, the description never stated anything about healing. It clearly stated a bonus to heals was given. True, the description should have specified outgoing, but it does augment healing spells like the icons depict.

This aura combined with gear stats can add some serious healing to a school like Storm that has little health to start with. With this aura and just one 66 level legendary crafted item, it turns a pixie into a 600 point heal. Combine this with something like the Ring of the Hunting Wolf and you have a 70% increase to heals cast upon yourself.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
kingurz wrote:
vsythin wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:
Garrett15141 wrote:
vsythin wrote:

First, the spell is only worthless if "you" don't heal at all. It doesn't matter if you are healing someone else or not. You will get the bonus if you cast a heal spell on yourself. It will also work if you are healing someone else. It doesn't provide a bonus if you have the aura up and someone heals you.

Second, the description never stated anything about healing. It clearly stated a bonus to heals was given. True, the description should have specified outgoing, but it does augment healing spells like the icons depict.

This aura combined with gear stats can add some serious healing to a school like Storm that has little health to start with. With this aura and just one 66 level legendary crafted item, it turns a pixie into a 600 point heal. Combine this with something like the Ring of the Hunting Wolf and you have a 70% increase to heals cast upon yourself.

The description states that its +20% healing. It doesnt specify that its outgoing. She/He probably trained it because his/her PARTNER IN PVP/QUESTING BUDDY is life and she/he thought the heals from the life partner would be increased.

So, therefore, to him/her, it IS useless.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
kamarynjelise wrote:
kingurz wrote:
vsythin wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:
Garrett15141 wrote:
vsythin wrote:

The description states that its +20% healing. It doesnt specify that its outgoing. She/He probably trained it because his/her PARTNER IN PVP/QUESTING BUDDY is life and she/he thought the heals from the life partner would be increased.

That is what you just quoted from me.

As I stated, if "you" (the player) do not heal, it is worthless.

I know what the spell does and understand that if "you" (the player) heal yourself or others a lot, it is not a worthless spell. Merely letting others know how to not make the spell be so worthless (or not to waste training points).

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
kamarynjelise wrote:
kingurz wrote:
vsythin wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:
Garrett15141 wrote:
vsythin wrote:

Guiding Light doesn't specify OUTGOING Heal, Brilliant Light doesn't specify OUTGOING HEAL. Why should this Aura have to state it, when these Charms don't?

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Johnist wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:
kingurz wrote:
vsythin wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:
Garrett15141 wrote:
vsythin wrote:

Guiding Light doesn't specify OUTGOING Heal, Brilliant Light doesn't specify OUTGOING HEAL. Why should this Aura have to state it, when these Charms don't?

Here's the obvious reason:

Guiding light and Brilliant light don't cost a TRAINING POINT, which costs thousands of crowns to buy back (once you have spent a lot).