Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new spell ideas

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
first of all, i think we need prism blades. there should be a dungeon similar to waterworks that gives these spells.
1st floor: rank 10 death boss w/ 3 rank 10 elite life minions
drops mega snacks and all new zf pets
2nd floor: rank 11 myth boss w/ 3 rank 11 elite storm minions
drops mega snacks and all zf mounts and panther mount
3rd floor: rank 12 ice boss w/ 3 rank 12 elite fire minions
drops mega snacks and new wand that gives a power pip and normal pip at the beginning of each battle, +30 crit and block, and 5 120 balance damage spells

all schools excluding balance will get a 100% accuracy 1 pip convert blade, which is good for AOEs and DOTs
balance: omni-blade- 2 pips, 100% accuracy
+25% to next balance, fire, storm, ice, life, death, and myth spell (basically a combo of spirit blade and element blade plus a blade for balance)

I worked super hard on a bunch of rank 14 spells, and I just realised that we'll only get up to a rank 11 at this rate, so i decided to come up with a different pattern. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's a bad idea.
rank10-lvl74, rank11-lvl78, rank12-lvl82, rank13-lvl88, rank 14-lvl96

RANK 14 SPELLS!

Balance: Naaga- 85% accuracy
230 balance damage plus 215 fire, storm, ice, life, death. and myth damage and +30% trap
A calm sea is shown for a few seconds. Something disrupts the tranquility by bursting out of the water. It is a giant seven-headed snake. The large head in the middle is a tan color. To its left are moderately sized heads of green, black, and gold. To its right are also moderately sized heads of red, blue, and purple. All heads swing back and forth for a while, and roar in unision. (break in animation for blades, traps, etc.) The tan head shoots mohogany fire. (break) Red head shoots orange fire. (break) Green head shoots brown fire. (break) Blue head shoots white fire. (break) Black head shoots gray fire. (break) Purple head shoots yellow fire. (break) Gold head shoots royal blue fire.

Death: Loki- 85% accuracy
1320 death damage and convert half to health and a +20% to next steal spell trap

Myth: Ganesha- 80% accuracy
475 myth damage plus 1200 myth damage and dispel next myth spell

Fire: Hephaestus- 75% accuracy
400 fire damage plus 1425 fire damage over 3 rounds and 2 +10% fire traps
Please note that the traps are placed after ALL damage is dealt

Life: Isis- 90% accuracy
1460 life damage and 170 heal to all friends

Storm: Set- 70% accuracy
2095 storm damage and -25%accuracy to next spell

Ice: Fenrir- 80% accuracy
1470 ice damage and -25% incoming to all friends

december 30th edit: nerfed naaga by 10 and boosted loki by 10. also corrected a spelling error in balance spell name

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Your ideas seem pretty good, except for omni blade. I don't feel like discussing now though.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
Your ideas seem pretty good, except for omni blade. I don't feel like discussing now though.

maybe balance could get a universal prism, but it would be a trap.
balanceprism- 100% acc. & 0 pips
converts any attack to opposite school.
help me with this one, it's not fair for balance to get a cheesy spell, but other schools really need convert blades

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
i like my fire school spells but i'd be nice to have more,like add spells that we wouldn't expect that happening like a sabortooth tiger and a fire the sabortooth tiger walks into the fire catches on fire but nothing happens then the tiger walks in the middle then his long teeth stretch and hit the opponent with a 900-1000 hurt

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
silentphoenix wrote:
i like my fire school spells but i'd be nice to have more,like add spells that we wouldn't expect that happening like a sabortooth tiger and a fire the sabortooth tiger walks into the fire catches on fire but nothing happens then the tiger walks in the middle then his long teeth stretch and hit the opponent with a 900-1000 hurt

these were rank14 pip spells, so 900-1000 would be too little. And I wanted my ideas to be based on different mythologies, and a fire sabertooth is a little too similar to firecat, but i'll think about your suggestion.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
These are all the spell animations with the exception of Naga, which I put on the original post.

Loki:
A molten floor similar to Dragon's is shown for a second. The floor starts opening up in the center, until the hole is a perfect circle. Out of the hole, a pale, slim, red-eyed man with long, black hair, and horned helmet, and dark green armor with the death symbol on it jumps out and lands on all fours. He gets up, and looks at the target. Grinning mentally, a scary scythe appears in his hand. Loki steps back, and gets ready to make a blow. (break) Loki smacks his weapon down on the target, and slowly pulls his scythe out, draining health as he does so. After it has been successfully pulled out, Loki flips to the other side and shoots a black laser at the caster with his free hand. Loki disappears, and a trap with a broken heart on it is placed on target if he/she survives.

Ganesha:
Above a field, there is a heavenly cloud. Out of the cloud, and six-armed, elephant-headed, pot-bellied man with many jewels flies down in a spiral shape riding on his large, silver mouse. Once they reach the bottom, they laugh heartily. Ganesha points at the target. (break) The mouse does a 360 spin, and just before his tail hits the target, it grows a tremendous amount and smacks him/her. Ganesha frowns at this weak attack, and suddenly grins as if he has a new plan. He pulls his hands from behind his back to reveal a sword in each hand. He pulls his arms back, ready to throw them. (break) After a grunt, the swords glow, and Ganesha throws them at target. Both of the mischief makers disappear, and a myth dispel is placed on target if he/she survives.

Hephaestus:
A muscular man with long, scraggly brown hair is hammering on something on his table. After a few thumps, he stops and grunts his approval. Hephaestus gets up and spins around with his newly fashioned bronze mace to reveal his charred and scarred face, golden headband, the heated iron chains around his body, and red/black tunic. When he notices the target, he scowls, and raises his mace as a threat. After half a second, he starts spinning it. (break in animation) Suddenly, the mace bursts into flames, and he swings it at the target, and quickly pulls in back. Hephaestus disappears, and a fire DOT is placed on target if he/she survives. After 3 rounds, the DOT is replaced by 2 fire traps if he/she survives.

Isis:
An arid, sandy desert with a scorching Sun is the scene. A patch of grass starts glowing bright green. It spirals upward to form a woman. She has a white/green toga, brown/green Egyptian crown, fair skin, and light brown hair. With a flick of her finger, the scene changes into a beautiful spring day. She notices the target, and ponders on the solution. She places her hands to her sides, and 2 sickles with thorny vines burst out of the ground, and into her hands. She takes a fighting pose. (break) Isis leaps up, and slashes the target. She disappears, but a plant appears on caster's side. (break for guiding lights.) The flower blooms and each of the caster's friends receives a green light.

Set:
An enormous, black cumulus is pouring and thundering. After a few flashes of lightning, one large bolt hits the ground, and a brown creature with a long nose, purple/gray shenti, and yellow/red Egyptian crown appears. The entrance is similar to that of Ra's. Set has 3 ankhs in each hand. He points them at the target, and throws them up in the air. After he places his hand in front of him, all ankhs join at their straight end in front of his hand to form a fan-like object, and starts spinning. (break) Set snarls, and his hand produces blue electricity. The open parts of the ankhs glow purple. The target is hit with several bolts of purple lightning. Set disappears, and a negative accuracy ward is placed on target if he/she survives.

Fenrir:
A molten floor with a tall tree in the middle is shown. The molten areas tremble, and eventually burst. Out leaps a HUGE wolf, and ice replaces the molten rock. The wolf has dark blue eyes and snow-white fur with streaks of black on it. He lands on a spike of ice near the target, and snarls at him, showing his yellow teeth. Fenrir then howls, sublimating the air around him, causing layers of ice to form on his fangs and claws, making them larger and more menacing. (break) Fenrir jumps back to the tree, and climbs up swiftly, until he is high enough. He then leaps on the target, and claws and bites him. Fenrir disappears, and a global shield is placed on each surviving member of the caster's team.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
i also wanted to make some suggestions for the spells between 9 and 14.
storm- they just need an attack that has NO additional effects and is just raw power
life- a healing spell
balance- a single hit
death- a non-steal aoe
those are just a few types of spells that i think some schools need.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
qwertyuiop749 wrote:
first of all, i think we need prism blades. there should be a dungeon similar to waterworks that gives these spells.
drops mega snacks and new wand that gives a power pip and normal pip at the beginning of each battle, +30 crit and block, and 5 120 balance damage spells

all schools excluding balance will get a 100% accuracy 1 pip convert blade, which is good for AOEs and DOTs
+25% to next balance, fire, storm, ice, life, death, and myth spell (basically a combo of spirit blade and element blade plus a blade for balance)

I worked super hard on a bunch of rank 14 spells, and I just realised that we'll only get up to a rank 11 at this rate, so i decided to come up with a different pattern. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

RANK 14 SPELLS!

Balance: Naga- 85% accuracy
240 balance damage plus 215 fire, storm, ice, life, death. and myth damage and +30% trap
A calm sea is shown for a few seconds. Something disrupts the tranquility by bursting out of the water. It is a giant seven-headed snake. The large head in the middle is a tan color. To its left are moderately sized heads of green, black, and gold. To its right are also moderately sized heads of red, blue, and purple. All heads swing back and forth for a while, and roar in unision. (break in animation for blades, traps, etc.) The tan head shoots mohogany fire. (break) Red head shoots orange fire. (break) Green head shoots brown fire. (break) Blue head shoots white fire. (break) Black head shoots gray fire. (break) Purple head shoots yellow fire. (break) Gold head shoots royal blue fire.

1310 death damage and convert half to health and a +20% to next steal spell trap

hoped you liked my ideas :-) You guys can add the bosses' stats, and rank10-13 spells. I'll add more animations this weekend.
Unfortunately I don't like these ideas. All of these are overpowered, Storm and Fire especially. But none more so then Balance, guessing you're a Balance wizard?It's the only one with a description, and it's overpowered: it does 1530 base damage, not counting blades, traps, boosts, etc. Sorry, but I don't like these ideas.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Sorry, only recently saw the animation ideas. Disregard that portion of my last post. They are cool animations, but kind of long in my opinion. Still overpowered unless they are Rank 12 or something.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
qwertyuiop749 wrote:

RANK 14 SPELLS!

Balance: Naga- 85% accuracy
240 balance damage plus 215 fire, storm, ice, life, death. and myth damage and +30% trap

1310 death damage and convert half to health and a +20% to next steal spell trap

hoped you liked my ideas :-) You guys can add the bosses' stats, and rank10-13 spells. I'll add more animations this weekend.
Unfortunately I don't like these ideas. All of these are overpowered, Storm and Fire especially. But none more so then Balance, guessing you're a Balance wizard?It's the only one with a description, and it's overpowered: it does 1530 base damage, not counting blades, traps, boosts, etc. Sorry, but I don't like these ideas.

actually my main wizard is death and these are rank 14 spells, not rank 10 spells. also, the rest of the animations are in the 5th or 6th post. naga was the only one i had time for that day.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
I do not know what rank these spells would be but they would probably range and have diversity among schools but i think that Wizard 101 should have trap traps. You would put a circle with a ? on it so the enemy wouldn't know what it is. When the defender with the trap trap is attacked the trap trap would take effect.
The trap traps would be different for each school. Some schools might disable incoming spell, unexpected defense to defender, harm to offender, stun to offender, health to defender, or combonations of these.
I think there should also be spells that sap mana and/or pips. Sapping mana may be useful sometines in large quantities in a player vs player duel. With pips it would be useful against monsters and other players. The one having their pips stolen or destroyed can not have negative pips.
I hope the kind people of the spiral take this into consideration.

Me

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
jaraman1 wrote:
I do not know what rank these spells would be but they would probably range and have diversity among schools but i think that Wizard 101 should have trap traps. You would put a circle with a ? on it so the enemy wouldn't know what it is. When the defender with the trap trap is attacked the trap trap would take effect.
The trap traps would be different for each school. Some schools might disable incoming spell, unexpected defense to defender, harm to offender, stun to offender, health to defender, or combonations of these.
I think there should also be spells that sap mana and/or pips. Sapping mana may be useful sometines in large quantities in a player vs player duel. With pips it would be useful against monsters and other players. The one having their pips stolen or destroyed can not have negative pips.
I hope the kind people of the spiral take this into consideration.

Me

these are rank 14 spells and i didnt really get your second paragraph but i agree there should be spells that sap mana or pips. you can create some on this thread if you want as long as they are rank 10-13. also having a cloaked trap on a spell probably wont work out so well since most people will probably already know what the trap is by the time that person is attacked by it

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
Sorry, only recently saw the animation ideas. Disregard that portion of my last post. They are cool animations, but kind of long in my opinion. Still overpowered unless they are Rank 12 or something.

i think the reason they seem long is because i described the characters. however i guess i did get carried away on hephaestus and some others

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
astral spells!

star: stellar blade
stellar trap
stellar shield
stellar dispel
+50% stun resist & +5% accuracy & +10% damage for 4-5 rounds aura

moon: lunar blade
lunar trap
lunar shield
lunar dispel