Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Subscribers need another bonus

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
KingsIsle,

I know this subject has come up before. I would like you to seriously consider it. The subject at hand is that Subscribers need another benefit over Crowns Players, since we in the long run pay more for the game than they do... The subject I would like to suggest would be to have a Subscriber Only Shop in the Shopping District where we can buy all the Non-Charity Crowns Gear for Gold, and even a vendor that sells us Crowns for gold.

Now, I'm not suggesting anything insane like 1C for 100G. I think a fair amount would be 1C for 1,000G. This would allow subscribers who cannot afford to buy crowns to get crowns so we too can participate in the Charity events you guys do during the months of December and January.

In fact, there is already a store that has its lights on but the door won't let anyone through. It's directly across from the WC Housing Shop. You could have different vendors for each type of crowns gear, or vendors based on the World Level of the crowns gear... Perhaps even a Subscriber Only Stables to buy Wyverns and other mounts.

While this idea may infuriate a lot of Crowns Players, I think this is something Wizard101 needs.

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Level 69 Theurgist
Legendary Artisan
Long Time Fan

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
We do need this. I don't know if you have noticed, but KI has been raising its prices for crowns gear in the game, so this is a great idea. I think it should be 1,000G for 5C. But still Great idea.
P.S I was just going to suggest this. LOL

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Johnist wrote:
KingsIsle,

I know this subject has come up before. I would like you to seriously consider it. The subject at hand is that Subscribers need another benefit over Crowns Players, since we in the long run pay more for the game than they do... The subject I would like to suggest would be to have a Subscriber Only Shop in the Shopping District where we can buy all the Non-Charity Crowns Gear for Gold, and even a vendor that sells us Crowns for gold.

Now, I'm not suggesting anything insane like 1C for 100G. I think a fair amount would be 1C for 1,000G. This would allow subscribers who cannot afford to buy crowns to get crowns so we too can participate in the Charity events you guys do during the months of December and January.

In fact, there is already a store that has its lights on but the door won't let anyone through. It's directly across from the WC Housing Shop. You could have different vendors for each type of crowns gear, or vendors based on the World Level of the crowns gear... Perhaps even a Subscriber Only Stables to buy Wyverns and other mounts.

While this idea may infuriate a lot of Crowns Players, I think this is something Wizard101 needs.

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Level 69 Theurgist
Legendary Artisan
Long Time Fan

Dear Johnist,

Hi, I could not recist. You have too good ideas! :D

Yes, I totally agree. I am a sub. so I would love have the crown/gold exchange. My friend and I always were wondering what would that empty shop would be. Oh, what are the Non-Charity Crowns Gear, I have a faint recognition of it but I need a piffy reminder..... :D

Congrats on level 69! I am only level 64.......

Anywho, Amazing idea, hope someone tells the head of Wizard101.

See you in the spiral, Lenora LegendWeave Level 64 Necromancer ( I want my Dr. Von Katenstine! :D )

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
thundereye101 wrote:
Johnist wrote:
KingsIsle,

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Level 69 Theurgist
Legendary Artisan
Long Time Fan

Dear Johnist,

Yes, I totally agree. I am a sub. so I would love have the crown/gold exchange. My friend and I always were wondering what would that empty shop would be. Oh, what are the Non-Charity Crowns Gear, I have a faint recognition of it but I need a piffy reminder..... :D

See you in the spiral, Lenora LegendWeave Level 64 Necromancer ( I want my Dr. Von Katenstine! :D )

Dear Lenora,

There are only 2 'Charity' Crowns Items at the moment: Charity Meowmodon from 2009 and The Gifting Tree from 2010. Likely there will be a Charity drive this year as well, and that was why I put the Non-Charity qualifier on the Crowns Gear memo.

Last night, I transcended from Legendary. While a lot of People are like 'No way! KingsIsle will lose too much money on this!' I'd like to point out that the way I requested it would limit you to 250 Crowns per full bag of Gold. It takes more time to farm for gold than the 'Free' Crowns are worth. In order to 'Crowns' an entire account, you must have 93,735 Crowns... This would be 93,735,000 Gold. Yes, almost 94 Million Gold, and the amount will go up when the next world comes out.

So yes, considering the time and energy, KingsIsle would make more in the long run with this than it would lose.

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Transcended Theurgist
Legendary Artisan

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Yes, I agree. Johnist is an old veteran of the boards. This is a good idea. I am a subscriber myself. Then we have the problem of the crowns players. "How come subscribers get more stuff? We all have rights and are equal!" Of course, it is because we are the ones paying monthly instead of paying just a full pay and having that part of the game forever. But this won't stop them. It's just like the henchmen problem we are facing right now, and the low level problem we have been facing for years (Arrogant people won't give up on that debate). KI thinks of the players. But, what I am trying to say is, subscribers should get more access for paying more (If you pay monthly/yearly and keep playing, you end up paying a lot more.). I agree with Johnist.

~James Skullwielder
Level 67 Necromancer
"Death is the future, Life is the past"

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Johnist wrote:
thundereye101 wrote:
Johnist wrote:
KingsIsle,

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Level 69 Theurgist
Legendary Artisan
Long Time Fan

Dear Johnist,

Dear Lenora,

There are only 2 'Charity' Crowns Items at the moment: Charity Meowmodon from 2009 and The Gifting Tree from 2010. Likely there will be a Charity drive this year as well, and that was why I put the Non-Charity qualifier on the Crowns Gear memo.

Last night, I transcended from Legendary. While a lot of People are like 'No way! KingsIsle will lose too much money on this!' I'd like to point out that the way I requested it would limit you to 250 Crowns per full bag of Gold. It takes more time to farm for gold than the 'Free' Crowns are worth. In order to 'Crowns' an entire account, you must have 93,735 Crowns... This would be 93,735,000 Gold. Yes, almost 94 Million Gold, and the amount will go up when the next world comes out.

So yes, considering the time and energy, KingsIsle would make more in the long run with this than it would lose.

Sincerely,
Logan Soulsinger
Transcended Theurgist
Legendary Artisan

Dear Johnist,

Aha, So thats what they are! Very cool. True, Kingsile would not lose that much. I would love the crown exchange. They could always put it in Test realm, and if they do not like it, (hopefully they do), not put it in Real Realm. If they dont like it, they should make another bonus for subs.

Hope Kingsile sees it, Lenora LegendWeave Level 64 Necromancer