Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new levelable skil

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
So I had an idea about a new skill that you could level in addition to crafting and gardening.
how about enchanting.
players can create various enchantments that can be applied to their specific gear.
For example a basic novice enchanter could add a 1 % damage bonus to their boots. While a grand master could add 5% power pip etc etc.
once an item is enchanted it cannot be auctioned.
There could also be temporary enchantments available for purchase in the crown shop.

Enchantments are crafted solely for personal use as a way to improve your existing gear. Obviously the higher your level, the better your enchants can get.

Opinions?

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
If wizards had enchantments, peaople would just keep on enchanting temselfs until they have like 1,000,000 health 150 percent power pip chance, and 10.000 mana. It would just make it too easy for battles.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
drmercury310,

It should be a skill within crafting, like transmuting reagents. Crafting deals with creating better items, which should include starting from scratch and improving what you have. Both yield better items.

Otherwise, I think this is a fantastic idea. It gives more originality to gear, which is something I feel is lacking. To the people who consider crafting a waste of time, it would give reason to craft. Maybe we could enchant crafted gear, too.

Fully supporting your idea,
Hunter DarkBright

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
moogirl45 wrote:
If wizards had enchantments, peaople would just keep on enchanting temselfs until they have like 1,000,000 health 150 percent power pip chance, and 10.000 mana. It would just make it too easy for battles.

Obviously each piece of gear could only have one enchantment at a time.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
A long, long time ago I posted a Topic about Enchanting:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/33105.ftl

Now, it wasn't to modify stats on the gear other than giving bonus Treasure cards... But you should look it over.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
ExtremePianoWizard wrote:
drmercury310,

It should be a skill within crafting, like transmuting reagents. Crafting deals with creating better items, which should include starting from scratch and improving what you have. Both yield better items.

Otherwise, I think this is a fantastic idea. It gives more originality to gear, which is something I feel is lacking. To the people who consider crafting a waste of time, it would give reason to craft. Maybe we could enchant crafted gear, too.

Fully supporting your idea,
Hunter DarkBright

i love this but i don't think it should be a crafting thing since some people don't craft(like me) so i think it should a skill and each body item should have a max to enchanting

Defender
Dec 23, 2009