Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear stats comparison according to level

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
Now I know that I am not the only person that has come to this conclusion. Why would the new gear that is level 62+ and sometimes even level 64+ gear has worse stats than the level 60+ gear and sometimes even the level 58+ gear.

Just as an example:
Aryanah's golden loop (level 64+)
+200 max health
+250 max mana
+13% pip chance
12% incoming health

Ring of Rare Origins (level 58+)
+200 max health
+250 max mana
+15% pip chance
21% incoming health

Most of the individuals i have talked to which have already hit 70 and myself at level 68 currently are still wearing the same exact things as before Zafaria came out because we all prefer the stats the old gear has over the new gear which has a higher level requirement. Am i missing something or is this actually intended?

Ronan Deathcaller: Level 68 Death Wizard

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
vindeta wrote:
Now I know that I am not the only person that has come to this conclusion. Why would the new gear that is level 62+ and sometimes even level 64+ gear has worse stats than the level 60+ gear and sometimes even the level 58+ gear.

Just as an example:
Aryanah's golden loop (level 64+)
+200 max health
+250 max mana
+13% pip chance
12% incoming health

Ring of Rare Origins (level 58+)
+200 max health
+250 max mana
+15% pip chance
21% incoming health

Most of the individuals i have talked to which have already hit 70 and myself at level 68 currently are still wearing the same exact things as before Zafaria came out because we all prefer the stats the old gear has over the new gear which has a higher level requirement. Am i missing something or is this actually intended?

Ronan Deathcaller: Level 68 Death Wizard

You are totally correct and the price of this weak gear does not help - I was really surprised at the stats of all the schools gear, all I want to know is where's the pips. I didn't find one thing that I would be able to use to improve any of my wizards. I was looking forward for a gear change with the new cap in place, guess I am forever stuck with my level 58 gear. The buzz seems to be more on the new spell rather then the gear and I found out why. If I can get though the new world with my current gear that will be ok but if I need a boost to be able to do most areas I am going to be a little disappointed.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
vindeta wrote:
Am i missing something or is this actually intended?

I think the development team of Zafaria didn't bother to consult a spreadsheet of existing gear.

not only are the items in Zafaria worse than most of the cl and wintertusk gear - not to mention the waterworks and helephant tower gear - but there isn't any resistance any more. Critical block, great. Resistance? What's that?

it's like the development team was some how thinking that we could get the new gear and stitch it's stats onto our existing gear to enhance what we have - which of course we can't.

There are so many things about Zafaria that could have been cool if there had been some:

A: playtesting
b: KI actually paying attention to play tester feedback.

unfortunately this is just one more example of KI only listening to feedback that is going to hurt their budget. And since people aren't upset enough to threaten to cancel their subscriptions or quit the game because of the gear it's doubtful that KI will do anything to make it what it should have been to start with.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Vindeta,

I was going to post this same topic with the same exact gear as examples (since I just got the loop yesterday) !!!!!! Amazing!

Agree 100%.