Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Merle Ambrose's school

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
Ok i have noticed that a lot of people argue about merle's school. I know a lot about this stuff, so let me explain it. So called "merle" is really Merlin Ambrosius, and if you become balance, it even tells you his school. I hope this helps put an end to all the arguing about his school

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
phoenix31111 wrote:
Ok i have noticed that a lot of people argue about merle's school. I know a lot about this stuff, so let me explain it. So called "merle" is really Merlin Ambrosius, and if you become balance, it even tells you his school. I hope this helps put an end to all the arguing about his school

Well, this is what Headmaster Ambrose himself said about his school:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/2471.ftl

"I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Oh, my! That was a bit long winded, and I seem to have lost my train of thought. What was your question, again?

J. Todd Coleman
Headmaster Ambrose
Director, Wizard101
KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc. "

Defender
May 31, 2011
Honeybee313 wrote:
phoenix31111 wrote:

Well, this is what Headmaster Ambrose himself said about his school:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/2471.ftl

"I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Oh, my! That was a bit long winded, and I seem to have lost my train of thought. What was your question, again?

J. Todd Coleman
Headmaster Ambrose
Director, Wizard101
KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc. "

Thank you for sharing that, Honeybee. I found it interesting

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
safyrmoon wrote:

Thank you for sharing that, Honeybee. I found it interesting

You're welcome, Safyrmoon.

(I wish they had a "thanks" and "you're welcome" button on here, like in menu chat, so we didn't have to go through the moderators just to say it. )

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
yes Merlin studied all the schools he has been alive for centuries so he had plenty of time to learn everything because the astral schools are basically just powerups you cant go on those schools alone

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
He neglects the questions, read his posts on it. He gets on whole other topics then just stops there. I assume it's one of those things that remains a mystery and always leaves you wondering. Or his school is yet to be revealed? Maybe they never mention because it's kinda not fair to say "Merle is storm (Or any other school)", if you think about it. I think he is school of all seven and is training in astral spells as he posted years ago.

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
Guys make a balance character real quick and real who some great balance wizards are. its says "Merlin" right there. its proof merlin is balance, but not merle. How i know is i looked up Merle ambrose on wikipedia, and found something called Merlin ambrosius. It told me it was about the real merlin and camelot stuff, and come on. Compare these to names and say they arent similar please.

Merle Ambrose
Merlin Ambrosius

I dont want to be mean, i am just trying to prove it so everyone stops arguing. And i am not trying to do this so i know he is my school, because i dont have a balance wizard.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
phoenix31111 wrote:
Guys make a balance character real quick and real who some great balance wizards are. its says "Merlin" right there. its proof merlin is balance, but not merle. How i know is i looked up Merle ambrose on wikipedia, and found something called Merlin ambrosius. It told me it was about the real merlin and camelot stuff, and come on. Compare these to names and say they arent similar please.

Merle Ambrose
Merlin Ambrosius

I dont want to be mean, i am just trying to prove it so everyone stops arguing. And i am not trying to do this so i know he is my school, because i dont have a balance wizard.

Or it could be that our Headmaster modeled his own name after Merlin's?

We have no idea if his name is his first one, or his real one, or anything, since we have very little of his backstory other than "I've studied everything!"

Using very iffy "proof" such as "similar names" in a fictional world doesn't really prove anything.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
On that note, if you knew as much as you claimed you did, you'd know in lore that Merlin aged backwards, so he wouldn't be an old, decrepit man.

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
AngelRosier wrote:
On that note, if you knew as much as you claimed you did, you'd know in lore that Merlin aged backwards, so he wouldn't be an old, decrepit man.
and do people need every detail to make him inside a game?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
It really doesn't matter what his original apprentiship was. If you look at what he does say "devoted centuries to the study of EACH of the schools of magic", to me this basically says he is a MASTER of all. So I would say he is the most TRANSCENDED wizard of all time.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
phoenix31111 wrote:

His name is not ambrosius. That like a desert from the 1970s.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
phoenix31111 wrote:
AngelRosier wrote:
and do people need every detail to make him inside a game?

you kinda being mean.i mean she's telling you true and logicly.besides,merle said that merlin is an balance wiz,not astral and everything else.I think Merle should post a reply right now and tell everybody the truth,(whether is yours or not.) :x :x :x

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
phoenix31111 wrote:

Merle Ambrose
Merlin Ambrosius

Mabi its his dad!!! "lightbulb". :-o :-o