Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have Fun, But Don't Be Annoying...

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
People under level 50 should be locked out of battles in Zafaria so that they can explore but not ruin the fun for someone else? Is that fair enough?

no, it's not.

There are all sorts of things I feel should be restricted.

I don't think people should be able to equip school pets on any character except the one that got the quest and earned the pet.

I don't think people should be able to port characters into worlds that they haven't unlocked yet.

I don't think people should be able to port into dungeons that they haven't unlocked, even if they have unlocked the world that the dungeon is in.

I don't feel high level spells should be allowed on low level worlds. Just because a life mage has forest lord, doesn't means he should be able to use it if he ports to Krok to help someone. He should be stuck with the spells that people just coming up through the levels would have in Krok.

I don't feel people should be allowed to use clothes from worlds they haven't unlocked to stitch with.

But just because I personally feel that way, it doesn't mean that the game would be better for all concerned if my restrictions were implemented.

That might make it harder to have help then :(

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
I very strongely agree with the person who posted this. Lower level wizards should not go into battles with higher level wizards for entertainment, gold, and xp. It doesnt seem fair to the higher levels either because if they are about to kill their opponents, and another wizard comes and joins the battle right before then, it just makes the higher levels to have to do more work.

Sophia Lifeblade
Transcended Theurgist

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Got always mutli attacks. I use it all the times, and no matter is two enemies or four, kill the same :D If someone get in and flee or its a low level. protect yourself till got pips to attack multi and all gone :D

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Please, have a rest at it. I once agreed with you but it's not annoying now as it is hearing people complain on this subject. I have read your threads over the years ever since celestia and a lot of them were on this. MMORPG's have their natural flaws meaning there is no way of fixing it without sides being taken.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
brwac wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
With all the talk about Zafaria, and it's awesome new features, many wizards are eager to go, despite them not being level 60. Now, about a year ago, I would have been screaming to those little wizards. But I have changed and I believe that they can go into these worlds. BUT they shouldn't be interrupting the people who have unlocked this worlds. Feel free to look around, but dont run into a battle, because im sorry to say but, unless your grandmaster plus, you really cant help. So remember have fun, but dont annoy us.

P.S. Daniel Thunderflame is BACK!

So tell the people who ask my level 50's storm to these fights just because she has storm lord and knows how to use it to stop it.

This is a very tired subject - in the end you must treat this as just another challenge in the game, build a bridge and get over it. Just so you know I have several wizards of different schools and levels and have played the game for quite some time now and many more people of my own level have joined a fight unasked and fled then any lower level wizard ever has.

Well I have been playing this game longer than you and I have more experience. I am extremely tried of 2 noobs joining then fleeing and then suddenly its 1v4. I don't yell, I don't do anything really except die! People under level 50 should be locked out of battles in Zafaria so that they can explore but not ruin the fun for someone else? Is that fair enough?

And another thing... I have been playing this game almost a year more than you have. I have more experience. The strategy? If there are any of them around, ask to please not join. If they do, you have the power to report. Let them die, and I am sure you would have an AoE by now? Call friends, to help you.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
brwac wrote:
With all the talk about Zafaria, and it's awesome new features, many wizards are eager to go, despite them not being level 60. Now, about a year ago, I would have been screaming to those little wizards. But I have changed and I believe that they can go into these worlds. BUT they shouldn't be interrupting the people who have unlocked this worlds. Feel free to look around, but dont run into a battle, because im sorry to say but, unless your grandmaster plus, you really cant help. So remember have fun, but dont annoy us.

So tell the people who ask my level 50's storm to these fights just because she has storm lord and knows how to use it to stop it.

This is a very tired subject - in the end you must treat this as just another challenge in the game, build a bridge and get over it. Just so you know I have several wizards of different schools and levels and have played the game for quite some time now and many more people of my own level have joined a fight unasked and fled then any lower level wizard ever has.

Well I have been playing this game longer than you and I have more experience. I am extremely tried of 2 noobs joining then fleeing and then suddenly its 1v4. I don't yell, I don't do anything really except die! People under level 50 should be locked out of battles in Zafaria so that they can explore but not ruin the fun for someone else? Is that fair enough?

I have to agree, its not about going to the world is not about inviting your friends its about manners. IF you invite a friend or a friend has invited you to a party in REAL life you would not feel free to eat with his nieghbors who they do not know. That would be impolite and most people would think you not only rude but you may never be invited back.

HERE you invite friends they leave you (for whatever reason say you had to fight a boss and they cant come) they then join whomever is in there site.

They are there as mercenaries to get a drop. They are not just there to help you. If that were the case they would WAIT for you while you are away. Dont get me wrong, I am not against going to these worlds to see or shop or even get a drop. But to jump into my fight uninvited and help me lose. OR dont jump in get mad that others arent as happy to see you then flee. And PLEASE stop trying to make this seem as if these low level wizards have a right to go anywhere they want. THEY DONT!

The game in no way leans toward allowing members into worlds to which they have not achieved through merit. Years ago the game allowed you to get spare side quests if you jumped a world. It was a total glitch.

KI has since KO'd that options so you can not get side quests without being a certain level. So if you cant quest and you are not with a friends i am not as likely to want to farm with someone level under grandmaster level.

In all honesty this game is starting to loose its balance, low level wizards are being given too much room to never do their quests. I stopped letting my son port to me to "see" the new world because he has become accustomed to doing nothing. He doesnt have to if i take him wherever he wants to go. I submit that you allowing your friends to do this to you is equally as bad for their games.

Its almost as if you guys need an audience of low levels to tell you have great you are while you level up and they get paid in drops. Entourage syndrom.

This is not high school people this is not about ruling from personal emotions points and we are NOT congress. This is a topic that is discussed every year and as the new worlds come and levels get higher the difference is more and more noticable.

I wish that ki took a different position on this, but despite my rather annoyed tone the poster who said that this has become part of the challenge is somewhat right. This remains and has always been the hot button issue here because KI is still hoping not to. The game was built to encourage teamwork. But the members take advantage of this.

The bottomline: if you are below level 50 in zafaria then you are not supposed to be there act like a guest.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011

excuse me mr! i am emma raincloud lvl 49 i've fought in one of those battles my self and I WON! so you shouldn't be judj ing people

Survivor
May 22, 2010
I agree. I was in Zafaria with my main wizard, Molly Starmender, batteling the Zafaria enemies with 2 other friends, and a level 5 came into battle. I had almost killed the enemy I was fighting, but when the low level joined another enemy came. The apprentice died the next round too, so I had to use up my vaulable pips to heal them, for them to just die again. After I told them I had no heals they wouldn't leave the ring, so its taking up room for higher level wizards to help. Its very irritating too, since it does have super low xp for low level wizards. I agree that if you are in Zafaria and did not unlock it, you shouldn't go into battle without a friend agreeing to help you first. For example, dont go into battle with strangers fighting enemies for quests. Thats annoying, especially for those of us who have worked hard to earn the world and are trying to finish it. I'm not saying not to come to Zafaria, since it is an amazing area and has great graphics. Feel free to explore! Be careful though, and happy leveling!

-- Molly Starmender