Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mean Wizards

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
So I was in the Pet Pavillion inside The Hatcherery and i wanted to hatch a pet. I found a wizard who also wanted to hatch a pet. :D He said that he would he just had to go to his house and do some gardening to get a little more gold. He asked for me to be his friend so he could teleport to me when he would come back. Of corse i said i would be his friend and that he could go to his house. He was only level 10 and i was level 40. After a few minutes i started wondering where he was. :? Gardening doesn't take ten minutes unless your garden is the size of wizard city. Finally i looked on my friend list for his name, he was on the all friends but not on the friends online. The worst part was i couldn't remember his name to report him. Please reply if this has happend to you.

Administrator
It's a very good thing that he was not online for you to report him as this would have been a false report, and a mark against you, not him. I suggest you simply remove them from your friends list and consider it a lesson learned.

Please re-read the rules about reporting.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

What is NOT considered a Reportable Offense?
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade. )

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
It's a very good thing that he was not online for you to report him as this would have been a false report, and a mark against you, not him. I suggest you simply remove them from your friends list and consider it a lesson learned.

Please re-read the rules about reporting.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

What is NOT considered a Reportable Offense?
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade. )

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

Thank you prof. greyrose. I would not stop talking and someone reported me. I got scared.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
He could have been going to garden on another one of his characters. And you said you couldn't remember his name, but he was on your friend's list.. How would you know if he was still on there if you couldn't remember his name? Professor Greyrose is correct, good thing you didn't report him. Besides, that's a silly reason to report someone. Just delete him and find someone else.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Look Dierdre I knew he wasn't there cause he was the only one on my friend list. there was no one on when i cheaked and you don't see it on your friend list if they are on another wizard. Plus, i waited for a really really long time.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
bushbaby123 wrote:
Look Dierdre I knew he wasn't there cause he was the only one on my friend list. there was no one on when i cheaked and you don't see it on your friend list if they are on another wizard. Plus, i waited for a really really long time.

First of all, there is no need to be rude. Second of all, if you add someone, they are always on your friend's list. When they are online, they're are on your "online" list and if not, they're on you "all friends" list. It doesn't matter if that person is on other on of their wizards or not. If he wasn't on either list, then he deleted you and was just trying to mess with you. Either way, he was trying to be mean and you are better off without that person as a friend. Try to find someone that can help you right then and there. Or someone who you see is a good person and not simply trying to be mean.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
i meant my online friend list. i wasn't being rude either. just expressing my feelings about your questionable post. and i am not passive aggressive either. i just think he wanted me to be his friend and if he wanted me to be his friend then he could have just asked. he didn't mean to be mean but it was awefully rude to just leave me. he could of just said gtg or something.

Defender
May 31, 2011
I try to give people the benefit of the doubt as much as possible.

There could be reasons this person was offline.

I have had to leave suddenly before because or real life issues/emergencies. Computers can loose connection and it is not always easy to fix the problem.

Then there was the time we lost electricity for 8 days dir to a storm in our area.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2011
safyrmoon wrote:

I have had to leave suddenly before because or real life issues/emergencies. Computers can loose connection and it is not always easy to fix the problem.

Then there was the time we lost electricity for 8 days dir to a storm in our area.

yeah it might have been an accident but if it was on purpose it was mean :D

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
safyrmoon wrote:

Yeah I agree. That has not yet happened to me but there is no need to report that person. Like safyrmoon wrote, it could have been an emergency. If someone does that, find someone alse to hatch a pet with!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Defender
Apr 24, 2011
bushbaby123 wrote:
So I was in the Pet Pavillion inside The Hatcherery and i wanted to hatch a pet. I found a wizard who also wanted to hatch a pet. :D He said that he would he just had to go to his house and do some gardening to get a little more gold. He asked for me to be his friend so he could teleport to me when he would come back. Of corse i said i would be his friend and that he could go to his house. He was only level 10 and i was level 40. After a few minutes i started wondering where he was. :? Gardening doesn't take ten minutes unless your garden is the size of wizard city. Finally i looked on my friend list for his name, he was on the all friends but not on the friends online. The worst part was i couldn't remember his name to report him. Please reply if this has happend to you.
this is the most stupid reason to report someone i have ever heard! he might have had to do something offline. geez these little kids make a big deal out of everything :P

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
I have a question is it ok to give your info to your brother that you trust him, and have been best friends like forever.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I was reported just because i turned down a friend request. I turned him down 3 times and then I accepted him in order to ignore him. When i did ignore him he reported me. The report said i had use bad language which i never spoke to the player.
Yes False reporting is not nice. But reporting someone because they do not do what you want them to do, well, Think about it.
I have a rule in this game and everyone would be good to follow it.
I ask myself this question before i do something in the game. Would I want to be treated this way? If I tell myself I would not want to be treated this way then I do not treat anyone in this way. If i click on you and ask to be friends and you decline, I move on, I dont irritate you over and over.
Before you act, think.........
Nice people get friends, a thank you and smile go a long way.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Yes. my wizarding life has been filled with this. I added a friend to help me with chelsea court. We were in a 'hard battle' (I thought at the time) and suddenly, HE FLEED! He was off my friend list and then he reported me for 'bad language'.
It was terrible.
I am so sorry for all of you!
You should think before you act.
would you like to be treated THIS way?
Thank you.
~Hannah GoldenRiver
Level 39
Balance
'even little things may be big'

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
bushbaby123 wrote:
btw you cant garden untill you are lvl 12

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Actually, sometimes... well more like most of the time, it's not what you think. Somebody ignored me in-game because they didn't realize they were on filtered chat I guess so I had to keep saying "Sorry, I don't know" eventually they got sick of figuring out exactly what I didn't know and left.