Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New and Improved Henchmen

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
You know how henchmen always do the wrong spell at the wrong time and they mostly only heal themsleves? Well, I have an idea to change all that. What if we could control what spell the henchmen casts out of the cards it has in its hand. That way they could actually have a benefit in battle. Now i know what your probly going to ask: "What if we don't have enough time to choose their spell and our spell?" Well thats the point, you still only get 30 seconds and you can't discard any of their cards. What do you guys think?

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Alexander5335 wrote:
You know how henchmen always do the wrong spell at the wrong time and they mostly only heal themsleves? Well, I have an idea to change all that. What if we could control what spell the henchmen casts out of the cards it has in its hand. That way they could actually have a benefit in battle. Now i know what your probly going to ask: "What if we don't have enough time to choose their spell and our spell?" Well thats the point, you still only get 30 seconds and you can't discard any of their cards. What do you guys think?

Not practical really. If you are running 2 wizards as I am, you don't have time to pick a spell for a 3rd wizard.

If you are doing a spell quest, you really don't have enough time to contemplate what one henchman let alone 2 or 3 henchmen have in hand.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
fallon181 wrote:
Alexander5335 wrote:

Not practical really. If you are running 2 wizards as I am, you don't have time to pick a spell for a 3rd wizard.

If you are doing a spell quest, you really don't have enough time to contemplate what one henchman let alone 2 or 3 henchmen have in hand.

But thats the point......if you had enough time to choose the spell for all the henchman and your charcaters, than it would be a free ride through the battle instead of a challenge. I would rather have my henchman do the spell i want them to, than do a spell randomly selected. :?

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Not knowing what your henchmen will pick is part of the risk you take when you hire them. They have served us just fine up to now, so there is no need to start changing them.

I still say not practical.

If your game is lagging, and for many it does, the time runs out before they can even look at what the henchmen has and how would you have it show up on your screen what they have in hand. If you have ever noticed, even a chat bubble can cause a problem when you are trying to target an enemy or put a heal on yourself or another wizard. So if you have your wizard, possibly a second widow with your second wizard and then have the spells pop up for the henchmen, by this time you are in trouble.

THE ONLY problem with the henchmen now is the new ones and their prices. Leave the rest as it is.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
I have to agree with fallon181 on this.

It is not practical and would just cause to many problems and a waste of crowns to buy henchmen. You really would not have the time to choose your own spell and the spells for the henchmen you hire. Even worse if you are in the middle of a spell quest and have as many as 3 henchmen.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
fallon181 wrote:
I have to agree with fallon181 on this.

It is not practical and would just cause to many problems and a waste of crowns to buy henchmen. You really would not have the time to choose your own spell and the spells for the henchmen you hire. Even worse if you are in the middle of a spell quest and have as many as 3 henchmen.

Lol, well of course you agree with her. You guys are the same person! And it was just a helpful idea to get the most out of how much crowns we pay for them now. :-):?