Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 68 Life Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2009
We waited, we prayed, we the life wizards have again be hung out to dry. While other classes (notably the strongest "storm") again get valuable Multiple enemy attack spells, Life once again gets a single. Ok fine! But tell me please WHY do you bother putting on 2 life dispels with it? If we have to build 9 pips to hit with it and we are going to be hitting a life MOB do you not think we are going to make sure we have a convert on it so it boosts and the MOB is defeated?? Either A; make it a multi attack spell and get rid of the dispel or B; make the dispel a universal 75% dispel! At least then it would be useful against all bosses. Very discouraging to wait all this time for a spell that is mediocre at best.

P.S. I've only started "Stone Town" and my life wizard is already at level 70 because I did WinterTusk before Celestia and stopped when I reached level 60. I figured whats the use of wasting time if you can't level up. KingsIsle really should have thought more about raising the level to 80 with Zafaria and adding another group of spells.

As a Paying Adult player I am disappointed to say the least.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
I am very fond of the dispel actually, In PvP, after I use it, the opponent cant heal or if he does, he loses his pips! So I can defeat him without him healing.
I wish it was a Dot though, we need a shield breaker. Especially with polymorphs and mastery amulets, life needs something special.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Buffalochips68 wrote:
We waited, we prayed, we the life wizards have again be hung out to dry. While other classes (notably the strongest "storm") again get valuable Multiple enemy attack spells, Life once again gets a single. Ok fine! But tell me please WHY do you bother putting on 2 life dispels with it? If we have to build 9 pips to hit with it and we are going to be hitting a life MOB do you not think we are going to make sure we have a convert on it so it boosts and the MOB is defeated?? Either A; make it a multi attack spell and get rid of the dispel or B; make the dispel a universal 75% dispel! At least then it would be useful against all bosses. Very discouraging to wait all this time for a spell that is mediocre at best.

P.S. I've only started "Stone Town" and my life wizard is already at level 70 because I did WinterTusk before Celestia and stopped when I reached level 60. I figured whats the use of wasting time if you can't level up. KingsIsle really should have thought more about raising the level to 80 with Zafaria and adding another group of spells.

That AOE idea is just being selfish. Life got an AoE last time. Death has only 1 AoE, while life at least has rebirth in addition to forest lord. And the dispel can be really useful when someone is trying to heal. However, I think 1 dispel would be enough. Maybe KI could raise the damage to 850-950 and remove one dispel

Historian
May 01, 2010
On the topic of shieldbreakers, you can do what some life wizards do: myth mastery amulet+shatter (as long as you dont plan on entering w101central tournaments, your fine), also, one more use for it: for bosses like the waterwing in waterworks, and cuthalla in stormriven, those two life dispels can come in handy (cuthalla: two free wand hits to break shields, waterwing, you dont have to have a trap or blade for him, and stops the weak rebirth) I love this spell even if those didnt exist, because it gives us amazing burst damage.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
hease4476 wrote:
I am very fond of the dispel actually, In PvP, after I use it, the opponent cant heal or if he does, he loses his pips! So I can defeat him without him healing.
I wish it was a Dot though, we need a shield breaker. Especially with polymorphs and mastery amulets, life needs something special.
Agreed! I am happy for a hard hitter (especially with colossal) and the dispel will be VERY helpful for the rare occassions I get bored and drag myself into the arena.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Buffalochips68 wrote:

For a life wiz, that might seem unfair to them since in a Person verse a Computer battle, unless it is a life creature, it doesn't come very handy since most creatures other than life barely heal.

However, I, being a kid player, my older brother plays the game too and he has a life warlord and do you want to know why he is a warlord? He took that card into PvP and spammed the bearded dude, and he basically won because the life dispels kept the opponent from using heals. So not exactly handy in PvC but certainly useful in PvP.

Still, you can get a mastery amulet for yourself and train myth, the master of laughing-in-the-face-of-shields. Referring to the polymorphs, it actually isn't that bad. Whatever damage you do to the polymorphed person will be subtracted from the person's life points once the polymorph ends, and whatever damage the person took before he/she polymorphs will be subtracted from whatever the polymorphed creature's base health is, so unless the person heals in polymorph form (the only creature that can heal itself is the Treant, I think), it's kind of like battling a different monster with the same health of your opponent. And as far as I know, unless it is a polymorph gobbler, your opponent can't shield when he/she polymorphs.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Why would you want back to back AoE spells for life? That would really render Forest Lord useless (and is still a great spell in Zafaria). Life needed an upgrade to Centaur and as others have already indicated the dispell has devastating effects in PvP. Even if they wand off the dispell, it is still an extra turn without that person healing in 1v1.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
no its great it made me a knight in pvp, if your not a fan of 1v1 thats your problem other then that its strong and has a great affect 2 life dispels, thats right 2!. some spells dont even have affects after the damage like chimera.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
:evilI agree even though I am a Myth wizard, but I have been complaining about the same thing!(All enemie attacks) Srsly look: Storm; Tempest, Storm Lord, Sirens. Life: Forest Lord. Death: Scarecrow. Myth: Humongofrog, Noble Humongofrog. Balance: Ra, Sandstorm, Power Nova. Fire: Meteor Storm, Fire Dragon. Ice: Blizzard, Frost Giant, Snow Angel. Like srsly! At least give: Life, Myth, and Death 1 more! It's madness I tell ya Madness! Plz KingIsle give Life, Myth, and Death some more all enemie attacks!

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
i am jack dragonbreath a pyromancer and i am enraged cause all people want now is our kind of spells cause well they own i dont blame you for anything but stick with what you good at

stomr hit hard fast and one hitwonders
ice high health good deffense take time to win
fire burn them over time dont worry about shields
death do big damage and gain great health
myth use your minons and minotur and orthrus
life basically heal not to be offensive just heal
balance dont worry about much do your hitting healing and boosting

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Buffalochips68 wrote:

Lol. i just got gnomes yesterday and i am still on a winning streak in 1v1. The only default i have found is when life vs life happens. then it becomes more of whoever can hit first and or goes first. And if you gargantuan it, just gargantuan, it can do a total of 1135. Then you could blade up and if they have shields most lifes have a myth mastery, so that pretty much solves that problem. I am only lvl 68 and i creamed a transcended ice so i think its a good spell. But the only thing i dislike about it is why gnomes?

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
hease4476 wrote:

Um i am sorry but you must not have a life wand and or myth mastery. Try buying a life wand at the Bazaar and see how tat works out. If not just buy shatter treasures.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
qwertyuiop749 wrote:
Buffalochips68 wrote:

That AOE idea is just being selfish. Life got an AoE last time. Death has only 1 AoE, while life at least has rebirth in addition to forest lord. And the dispel can be really useful when someone is trying to heal. However, I think 1 dispel would be enough. Maybe KI could raise the damage to 850-950 and remove one dispel

Unless you seriously want to make life into storm well no offense they created that way on purpose. And besides if you use gargantuan and or collosus (which you more then likely do) its can do up to 1105 with a regular gargantuan and even more with collosus. I found that 2 blades can make it do over 3k in damage. So it definetly doesnt need more power. And i also noticed people carrying life shields now. So they seem to be scared of us.

Brian Fairyfist (yes fairyfist) lvl 68 life (because i am too lazy to lvl to transcended until the new gear comes out )

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
rangerhewki wrote:
:evilI agree even though I am a Myth wizard, but I have been complaining about the same thing!(All enemie attacks) Srsly look: Storm; Tempest, Storm Lord, Sirens. Life: Forest Lord. Death: Scarecrow. Myth: Humongofrog, Noble Humongofrog. Balance: Ra, Sandstorm, Power Nova. Fire: Meteor Storm, Fire Dragon. Ice: Blizzard, Frost Giant, Snow Angel. Like srsly! At least give: Life, Myth, and Death 1 more! It's madness I tell ya Madness! Plz KingIsle give Life, Myth, and Death some more all enemie attacks!

While you are mostly correct, you are missing some spells which will further reinforce your point:
Fire: Meteor Strike, Scald, Fire Dragon, Rain of Fire
Ice: Blizzard, Frost Giant, Snow Angel
Storm: Tempest, Storm Lord, Sirens
Balance: Sandstorm, Power Nova, Ra
Life: Forest Lord
Death: Scarecrow
Myth: Humongofrog, Earthquake

- Valerian DarkBringer- Transcended Necromancer
- Thomas DragonCaster- Master Theurgist
- Galen FrostFlame- Master Thaumaturge

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
Fin3cy6 wrote:
Buffalochips68 wrote:

For a life wiz, that might seem unfair to them since in a Person verse a Computer battle, unless it is a life creature, it doesn't come very handy since most creatures other than life barely heal.

However, I, being a kid player, my older brother plays the game too and he has a life warlord and do you want to know why he is a warlord? He took that card into PvP and spammed the bearded dude, and he basically won because the life dispels kept the opponent from using heals. So not exactly handy in PvC but certainly useful in PvP.

Still, you can get a mastery amulet for yourself and train myth, the master of laughing-in-the-face-of-shields. Referring to the polymorphs, it actually isn't that bad. Whatever damage you do to the polymorphed person will be subtracted from the person's life points once the polymorph ends, and whatever damage the person took before he/she polymorphs will be subtracted from whatever the polymorphed creature's base health is, so unless the person heals in polymorph form (the only creature that can heal itself is the Treant, I think), it's kind of like battling a different monster with the same health of your opponent. And as far as I know, unless it is a polymorph gobbler, your opponent can't shield when he/she polymorphs.

Well, Its still pretty unfair anyone can heal, and you didnt mention mastery amulets, and Why should we have to train myth when other's dont have to? I dont want to farm or use money to get a myth mastery, or waste my traininh points. Life Dot I:

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
Ambrose122 wrote:
hease4476 wrote:

Um i am sorry but you must not have a life wand and or myth mastery. Try buying a life wand at the Bazaar and see how tat works out. If not just buy shatter treasures.

I don't want to to waste time farming for a myth mastery amulet or waste money on one, neither do I want to waste training points or gold on myth spells or treasure cards. Other schools don't have to, so we shouldnt have to.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
hease4476 wrote:
Ambrose122 wrote:
hease4476 wrote:

I don't want to to waste time farming for a myth mastery amulet or waste money on one, neither do I want to waste training points or gold on myth spells or treasure cards. Other schools don't have to, so we shouldnt have to.

I am sorry but here is the cold hard truth. If you dont want to buy a wand or mastery or treasures then your going to have to use prisms. And people can stop prisms. so i suggest just simply buying a wand which wouldnt affect real money and you can earn that gold back easily when questing, Whatever school you are either buy a wand that has that type of school or buy the opposite so you can prism.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
hease4476 wrote:
Ambrose122 wrote:
hease4476 wrote:

I am just trying to clarify something. If we get a dot, death is going to start complaining and storm etc. I'd prefer it stay that way because people can easily take off the life dispels and its quite fine and i have found easy ways around their shields. Such as wands, treasures, prisms, masteries. If you just buy and or farm, and i know you just said you dont want to, but you cant just sit around doing nuthing and get what you want. Fairness is to have everything handed to you. The reality is, you gotta make it happen yourself. I did and i am quite fine with it.