Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to Solo Kensington!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
Just to make sure this is clear... It IS possible to solo Kensington.

Step 1: Have a decent AOE spell.
Life: Forest Lord
Ice: Snow Angel
Storm: Storm Lord
Death: Scarecrow
Balance: Ra
Fire: Fire Dragon
Myth: For myth use orthrus on individual enemies. Or Talos. Talos works.

Step 2: Spam that spell in your deck. (Should be able to do it 7 times.)

Step 3: Enter Kensington!

Inside the instance, right away you'll get the "War of the Weird" quest. Talk to the dog dude outside the gate and he'll tell you to get three parts for a golem. This leads you to battle Skritch, Clonky, and Skratch.

Stay in the center of the street, as the mobs walk on the edges. Then approach the bosses.

Boss 1: Skritch
He has 2,550 health and knows Storm through Kraken.
He will acquire two Jitterbug minions with 2,300 health and know Storm through Shark.
Spend the first 2 or 3 turns prepping for your AOE. Vengeance + blade works, then proceed to smash your enemies.
They may die (depending on if you criticaled or not). If they didn't, attack quickly, you're running out of time. Re-buff and you should kill them during the second attack.
After the duel, mark your spot and port to Regent's Square to rebuild your mana, go to Hyde Park to get health. When both globes are full, port to your mark.

Boss 2: Clonky
He has 2,700 health and knows the same spells as Skritch.
He'll get two Splinterbot minions with 2,000 health with the same spells as Jitterbugs.
Follow the same procedure as in battle 1. Buff, AOE, Buff, AOE, Mark, Wisp, Recall.

Boss 3: Skratch
He has 2,850 health and knows the same spells as bosses 1 and 2.
Do this right and avoid minions. Wait until no Minute Men are on his square, then charge. The minions effectively walk around the circle.
Buff, AOE, Buff, AOE, Mark, Wisp, Recall.

Talk to the officer to turn in "War of the Weird". You get "The Invincible Man" to reactivate a golem.

The Minute Men is this section are tricksters. They can cross from the right side to the left side of the road, it takes some skill here. Then you reach Ratchet.

"You will never repair the clockwork Gyro! Not for as long as I animate!"

Boss 4: Ratchet
He effectively "ratchets" up the difficulty with 3,000 HP and Storm through Kraken.
Minions are inevitable, they have 2,200 health and are LIFE through Nature's Wrath. To make matters worse, they know Sprite.
Since I did this on my Life character, I had to build up prisms.
Same procedure. Yawn.

Talk to Gyro who sends you to the next part: the factory.

The factory is full of Creepers (Storm through Kraken, 2250 HP)

Then face Stoker.

Boss 5: Stoker
Don't fan his flames. 2,750 HP, Storm through Kraken. 2 Creepers scuttle around him on the rooftop.
Boring. Same battle. Same wisps... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Hold on, something interesting just happened. H.G.Waggs gives you "The Crime Machine" which involves a GAUNTLET!

"Like music? Well, then listen to some Heavy Metal!"

Floor 1: Metal Head (Death through Vampire & 2,500 HP), 2 Splinterbots. Yay.

Floor 2: Don't remember this, but I think it's 2 Jitterbugs and a Minute Man.

Floor 3: Also forgot, but think it's 2 Clankers and a Metal Head.

Floor 4: 2 Metal Heads, Clanker.

Floor 5: Final Boss Battle.

Boss 6: Stoker v2.0
Now he is one mean machine, i.e. has 3,750 HP, has learned Stormzilla, and now has 3 minions. Ouch.
You'll likely take out his minions first, heal after doing so. Then proceed to take him out.
H.G.Waggs appears and hands in "The Crime Machine". Congratulations, you just soloed Kensington!

Good luck in Kensington, and happy dueling.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Sadly, its not as easy as you made it sound. A level 70 I bet could solo it.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
its not really possible to solo kensington even with that stuff. trust me i'm lvl 41

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Ecramer wrote:
its not really possible to solo kensington even with that stuff. trust me i'm lvl 41

I can't trust you. You're lvl 41!

Back on topic, Kensington was easy! Even before ZF came out, I soloed it.
Then again, I'm death.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
moogirl45 wrote:
dude im leval 70 and i steel have trouble but i finished ii

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
what if people dont have all those spells, your just referring that you need to be a legend by the way your explaining it.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
moogirl45 wrote:
but what if you are level30

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
saylor wrote:
moogirl45 wrote:
but what if you are level30

No way. A level 30 could never do it. Just level up.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
Mana is the worst problem in keningston. Its a lot easier if you use a human teleport mark.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
People kinda over react to Kensington Park. The bosses are no harder than celestia bosses, it's just that from harder experiences you think they're still over powered. The elites are kinda harder then celestian elites, though it is okay. If you are storm, might be hard for you. Though i would not really recommend Kensingtom Park to anyone lower than level 52.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Kensington Park is not required in order to advance in the game.

This area is a challenge and it is not as easy as you make it sound. Ony 2 of my wizards out of 7 have completed it. The last one was a Legendary life. Life went in with a fire wizard friend, but she had to leave half way through...... Life did finish the dungeon but it was a very close one.

This dungeon also takes a few hours to complete and is best to run with someone that has aready done it. Most of the battles are going to be against storm until you get into the warehouse part( last section). So you do want to be prepared for it.

My fire wizard ran this at lvl 35 with 2 other lvl 35 wizards, one of which was life, the other storm. It took us 6 hours to run with basically nothing in rewards. But that was 2 years ago. I have not been there in over a year, so don't know if the drops have improved or not. I DON'T reccommend doing this dungeon at lvl 35. Wait until you level up and pick up a few more spells. And take friends with you so it won't take so long to do it.

WATCH THE STREET MOBS. They do not run the normal patterns you find in other areas. Some are on the side, some criss-cross.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
this is an easy place to solo all you need really is your level 48 spell and your need to be level 50 or higher in my opinion.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
moogirl45 wrote:
like i said its easy to solo once your level 50 or higher and you have your level 48 spell and then it shouldn't be very hard

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Ecramer wrote:
try it when your level 50+ with your level 48 spell.

Survivor
May 25, 2011
avhop567 wrote:
this is an easy place to solo all you need really is your level 48 spell and your need to be level 50 or higher in my opinion.

dude if your level 48 life you dont have forest lord (so unfair) it would be really hard! :x

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
I level 69 balance almost transcended and I still paranoid to even try because I failed so many times, lolz

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
just to tell you kensington park is optional. my friend said he completed marleybone without doing it. but if you really want to do it, bring 3 other friends.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
To put things in perspective, in Celestia you have 2 guys with say 1650 health gaining power pips and launching massive attacks, in Kensington the mob health is around 2500, they don't get power pips, they only know up to Storm Shark, bosses know Kraken.

In Zafaria you face off against enemies with up to 3000 health, less than the Kensington mobs, AND Zafarians gain power pips.

In short, if you can solo a Zafarian battle, you should be able to solo a Kensington battle.