Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Way Underpowered!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
Though I haven't obtained my lvl 68 spell yet, I have seen the cards for each one. I must say I am disappointed. Katz's Monster is incredibly underpowered. Death needs another AoE spell and you could've easily done it here. Please consider changing the Death spell to AoE and slightly lowering its damage. From this perspective, Sirens is extremely overpowered! 915 damage + 50% accuracy nerf + remove 2 charms + reduce threat to all enemies! That's FOUR effects in one card to ALL! Death only gets an 820 Steal. KI, please redo Katz's Monster. If you refuse to make it AoE, at least add an extra effect like a -75% Weakness to the target or a -75% Tower Shield to the caster. Please give us Necromancers something extra!

Thanks.
- Valerian DarkBringer- Level 61 Necromancer
- Thomas DragonCaster- Level 42 Theurgist
- Galen FrostFlame- Level 38 Thaumaturge

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Zeruel85 wrote:
Though I haven't obtained my lvl 68 spell yet, I have seen the cards for each one. I must say I am disappointed. Katz's Monster is incredibly underpowered. Death needs another AoE spell and you could've easily done it here. Please consider changing the Death spell to AoE and slightly lowering its damage. From this perspective, Sirens is extremely overpowered! 915 damage + 50% accuracy nerf + remove 2 charms + reduce threat to all enemies! That's FOUR effects in one card to ALL! Death only gets an 820 Steal. KI, please redo Katz's Monster. If you refuse to make it AoE, at least add an extra effect like a -75% Weakness to the target or a -75% Tower Shield to the caster. Please give us Necromancers something extra!

Thanks.

This is exactly and quite literally what i hate. People think storm is SOOOOO powerful. Have you taken the time to see how much we fizzle? or how much people shield? basically everyone has a storm shield and i fought a transcended storm with my lvl60 life and i just put a storm shield on and with 35% piercing it only did a little over 400 damage. So please, do everyone a favor and stop complaining. Because storm already has low health and targeting. The last thing we need is our strength (the only POSITIVE) to being storm taken away as well. Sure we have a high crit rating as well but if you wear the the right gear you can either match it or you can block it like my life.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
Ambrose122 wrote:
Zeruel85 wrote:

Thanks.

This is exactly and quite literally what i hate. People think storm is SOOOOO powerful. Have you taken the time to see how much we fizzle? or how much people shield? basically everyone has a storm shield and i fought a transcended storm with my lvl60 life and i just put a storm shield on and with 35% piercing it only did a little over 400 damage. So please, do everyone a favor and stop complaining. Because storm already has low health and targeting. The last thing we need is our strength (the only POSITIVE) to being storm taken away as well. Sure we have a high crit rating as well but if you wear the the right gear you can either match it or you can block it like my life.

Really do you guys fizzle? If you have the proper gear fizzling isn't a problem at all. Also anyone has to agree it IS overpowered, maybe if it was to have all the effects, reduce the nerf to 20 or 30%, reducue the damage a bit or reduce it to one charm break.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Talking about sirens has gone far enough! They already lowered the damage, what else do you want dude??

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I kind of don't agree with you. Not going to say anything about Storm (don't want to get into that argument) but Katz Monster is not underpowered. It is definitely strong enough, especially if your force and critical are high. I do agree that we (Death, I have a Legend) need another all enemies attack. Scarecrow is awesome, but it's not enough. Storm has Lord and Tempest, Fire- Scald, Strike, Dragon.. I think we all know what schools have what. Death only has Scarecrow, and unless the 68 Life is an all enemies they only have one as well (Forest Lord). I don't want to sound greedy here, since Death does have the advantage of being self healing, but we really do need that second all enemies attack.

Sidenote.. I've seen more than a few Necromancers complaining about needing a damage over time.. Hello? What is Poison? Skeletal Dragon? Sure they are single enemy attacks (unlike Scald---so jealous of fire on that one!) but they are DoTs.

The only thing that I feel Death needs is, again, another all enemies attack. That's it. Just my 2 cents....

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Zeruel85 wrote:

Thanks.

Im sorry But are you Kidding me!!! I mean Really Im sure Ki but alot of thought into each spell they put out trying to give complete Balance to the game.... I mean after all they are level 68 spells they should be tuff....Stop gipeing about the game spells when they don't soot a need... the game is perfectly fine the way it is (except for the Henchmen issue) .... thats why people plat it .... Thanks for reading

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Nick16567 wrote:
Ambrose122 wrote:
Zeruel85 wrote:

Thanks.

Really do you guys fizzle? If you have the proper gear fizzling isn't a problem at all. Also anyone has to agree it IS overpowered, maybe if it was to have all the effects, reduce the nerf to 20 or 30%, reducue the damage a bit or reduce it to one charm break.

They DID reduce as an fyi i you havent noticed but obviously you didnt because you probably more then likely dont have a storm. Btw unless we use prism you can pretty much stop any storm spell. Next time read my entire post.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010