Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top Level Gear -- Zafaria

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Hi! I had a question. A friend of mine and I were wondering about the top level gear when finishing Zafaria. Will it be the level 68 gear? Will there be Level 70 gear? Will we fight to farm for them or will they require purchasing? Any info is greatly appreciated!! Thx & Love to All My Wizarding Friends, Emily Owl.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
mollyann812000 wrote:
Hi! I had a question. A friend of mine and I were wondering about the top level gear when finishing Zafaria. Will it be the level 68 gear? Will there be Level 70 gear? Will we fight to farm for them or will they require purchasing? Any info is greatly appreciated!! Thx & Love to All My Wizarding Friends, Emily Owl.

So far the highest gear i have seen is level 68 no auction which drops at the end of mirror lake. Obviously we can't buy this.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
Well to be honest, there is no actual signature gear like for example, the waterworks when you completed it you would get the level 60 gear no auction but, in Zafaria, there is no dungeon that has the level 70 no auction gear. You may find gear that is no auction fighting a boss in Zafaria but there is no certain best gear though. the best gear you can get is what in your opinion you think is the best and/or the most helpful in stats. From: The Balancer Alex Dragoncaster

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
Well to be honest, there is no actual signature gear like for example, the waterworks when you completed it you would get the level 60 gear no auction but, in Zafaria, there is no dungeon that has the level 70 no auction gear. You may find gear that is no auction fighting a boss in Zafaria but there is no certain best gear though. the best gear you can get is what in your opinion you think is the best and/or the most helpful in stats. From: The Balancer Alex Dragoncaster

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
at the moment, it's lvl 68 gear, but im sure ki will add a transcended version of waterworks for better lvl 70 gear. . .

. . . eventually

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Yes, I do believe there is level 68 gear available at the end of the area, "Mirror Lake." And, as I'm sure we're all aware, there will soon to be level 70 transcended gear. Kingsisle, you've disappointed me with the gear so far in ZF. I didn't even obtain any lvl 60 gear, and I can say this.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
JAMS1054 wrote:
Yes, I do believe there is level 68 gear available at the end of the area, "Mirror Lake." And, as I'm sure we're all aware, there will soon to be level 70 transcended gear. Kingsisle, you've disappointed me with the gear so far in ZF. I didn't even obtain any lvl 60 gear, and I can say this.
Tru that

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
Ok, that confirms what I was thinking, as well -- That there are level 68 gear available, but not necessarily for every piece of gear and that they are farmed in Mirror Lake. TY for answering my question. Appreciated! ~ Emily Owl.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Defender
Feb 12, 2011
I beleive KI will follow the normal marketing trend:

Leave in Crown Shop until all Innovators and Early adopters have purchased.

Reduce price in Crown Shop and wait until Early and Late Majorities have purchased.

Make available as mirror lake boss drops for laggards.

Following this strat might take them more than a year.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Now that the Level 70 crown gear has been release, we can all breathe a sigh of disappointment. I guess Waterworks gear is the ultimate gear for this game. This is sad since most wizards assume that as you level up, you can acquire better gear.

Besides the fact that KI has removed what used to be a great avatar jump and turned it into a pathetic little hop, the Zafaria and now crown gear has been the biggest disappointment I've experienced since becoming a member. :?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
:?
malt22 wrote:
Now that the Level 70 crown gear has been release, we can all breathe a sigh of disappointment. I guess Waterworks gear is the ultimate gear for this game. This is sad since most wizards assume that as you level up, you can acquire better gear.

Besides the fact that KI has removed what used to be a great avatar jump and turned it into a pathetic little hop, the Zafaria and now crown gear has been the biggest disappointment I've experienced since becoming a member. :?

Ya it is a real disappointment alright. I was so excited for the new Waterworks to come out so i could get the new best gear but apparently there isint any gear better than Waterworks like you said. All we can do is hope they will make a new Waterworks. :(
Dylan Thundershield

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
I think there should be a dungeon for 70 and above and its like waterworks but twice as hard :?

Justin Icecaller
Transcended Thaumaturge (level 70)

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
AmericanHappy wrote:
I beleive KI will follow the normal marketing trend:

Leave in Crown Shop until all Innovators and Early adopters have purchased.

Reduce price in Crown Shop and wait until Early and Late Majorities have purchased.

Make available as mirror lake boss drops for laggards.

Following this strat might take them more than a year.

Well since I posted this I've been advised by other players that lvl 70 gear is now available in mirror lake as a boss drop in the last fight. So for those of you wanting it - you best start heading into the water!

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Hello Fellow Wizards!

I would like to start out by saying that I love this game. A little about Duncan Soulshield. I started this wizard off from the land of the frost giants a little over 4 months ago. In this short time he has went from casting ice beetles to hitting over 70,000 hit points with out a critical and can hit over 150,000 with a critical. I have studied this game inside and out. I have played 14 hour days and studied endless blogs. I want my wizard to be as powerful as possible and i am willing to put in the work as i believe we all are. The bottom line is that if we have played the game, went through the hundreds and even thousands of hours of playing, and have invested copious amounts of money, then we should be duely rewarded.

With that said i do believe that KI is working on and will bring us something better then what is out there. They simply have to or they will just no longer be competative in the market. The time frame it will all be set in is the greatest question. It would be greatly appreciated if there was at least some type of feedback from them as to what there ideas are. I cannot seem to find any attempt even to involve their customer base in the creation of the new gear.

I have personally done mirror lake numerous times and have never recieved anything higher then level 64 gear, very disappointing

On the brighter side of things:) I have made some amazing friends, been on some awesome adventures, fought some epic battles and defeated some pretty evil monsters. I swore an oath to rid the spiral of all who oppose her. At all cost, to preserve her safety and to come to the aid of all those who call the Great Spiral their home, fellow wizards and all else. And so I will carry on with this destiny. I am coming for you Morganthe, we all are and you will be destroyed. :) Ya just gotts to love this stuff!

Duncan Soulshield
Transcended Ice Ninja