Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Storm's Wizard Point of View.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
I'm level 70 Storm Wizard. plz read the post before making any reply, thanks.

Many complain that Siren was to good, so KI lower down our spell base damage from 915 to 880.

Why change our base damage to fix the problem? Why not give the other spells extra effects? Keep this in mind.

For the first time ever, other schools have spells with higher damage than Storm. Storm unlike other school hasn't improved much on Health. Currently have 2500 of health and 75% power pip chance.

Don’t think that a Storm Wizard will have the time to buff up for a spell, due to our limited amount of Health and low power pip ratio, we can’t take the risk.

Yes you can live through Sirens spell, there something call shields! Storm shields can handle must of storm damage and as many you know storm is doom to face them all the time... So yea the other schools have better chances of doing more damage with their over time damage spells.

Let’s stop complaining about Storm spells and Learn how handle their damage. Like I said is not that hard, just simply shield...

Another thing, instead of complaining about another school spell, why not ask to make your spell better?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I agree with you 100%, and I don't even have a legend/transcendent storm. MY favorite thing you said was "Power-up the other schools instead of weakening the powerful one." < This is what needs to be done in pvp, power up storm, balance, death and life, not weaken fire and myth.

-Solstice64

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
True but actually fire dragon did more damage than storm lord just pointing that out. I agree though, I wish people would stop complaining about spells being too strong. Its Kingsisle's game not ours so don't complain even if we basicly pay them. Sirens though wasn't overpowered, but it was on the edge of overpowered and everyone be honest there has never been an overpowered spell. For PvP matters storm got this spell so it could actually do something in PvP because its considered the worst or close to the worst.
Fire and Myth proudly stay the two best classes for PvP and I'm loving that.
To finish this Sirens wasn't or isn't overpowered some people just so greedy because unless it benifits their class it isn't fair.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
I agree with you 100%, and I don't even have a legend/transcendent storm. MY favorite thing you said was "Power-up the other schools instead of weakening the powerful one." < This is what needs to be done in pvp, power up storm, balance, death and life, not weaken fire and myth.

-Solstice64

All schools are balanced in pvp, any school can win or lose.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
Wow, somebody who believes me!
I have been saying this for awhile, good luck with that.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hello. I've read your post, Daviato, and I don't necessarily agree with everything written here, even as a Transcended Storm. For one, Sirens works fine both with its old damage, 915, and new damage, 880. If your comparing it to Wooly Mammoth, you probably shouldn't, Mammoth is single hit spell, which are generally stronger then AoEs like Sirens, no matter what the school. Do some comparisons like Tempest to Judgement, Scarecrow to Dr Von's Monster, etc. Also, no offense, but telling people to complain about Rain of Fire isn't solving anything, we'd just be dumping our problems on another school. My guess is that, if you were a Pyromancer, you wouldn't feel to happy about that part. If you feel that Rain of Fire is a little strong, well, as you said, there is something called shields. We adjust, restrategize, and move on. Personally, I think that all the new spells are balanced and amazing, kudos to KI.

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Daviato wrote:

Many complain that Siren was to good, so KI lower down our spell base damage from 915 to 880.

Why change our base damage to fix the problem? Why not give the other spells extra effects? Keep this in mind.

For the first time ever, other schools have spells with higher damage than Storm. Storm unlike other school hasn't improved much on Health. Currently have 2500 of health and 75% power pip chance.

Don’t think that a Storm Wizard will have the time to buff up for a spell, due to our limited amount of Health and low power pip ratio, we can’t take the risk.

Rain of Fire will be something to complain about, is more powerful than Snow Angel and with boost and blades; Rain of Fire can inflict great amount of damage.

Yes you can live through Sirens spell, there something call shields! Storm shields can handle must of storm damage and as many you know storm is doom to face them all the time... So yea the other schools have better chances of doing more damage with their over time damage spells.

Let’s stop complaining about Storm spells and Learn how handle their damage. Like I said is not that hard, just simply shield...

Another thing, instead of complaining about another school spell, why not ask to make your spell better?

KI shouldn't had changed Sirens. At this point, Efreet has more base damage than Sirens. Complainers don't seem to understand that storm has low health and accuracy, so that means the attacking is its strong point. No complaining equals no nerfing.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Daviato wrote:

Rain of Fire will be something to complain about, is more powerful than Snow Angel and with boost and blades; Rain of Fire can inflict great amount of damage.

Are you kidding? Power up the other schools in the effects that the spell does. Gnomest already has the 2 life dispels, Basilisk already has DoT and stun, rain of fire already has DoT. Dude, you wouldn't even be able to survive them if they were boosted! Siren's isn't only about the damage, it's about the effects. They're insane, if they kept the damage and powered up all the other schools, the first attacker would be the winner. Siren's is still crazy with the 2 blade removals, stun, and smokescreen.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
Hello. I've read your post, Daviato, and I don't necessarily agree with everything written here, even as a Transcended Storm. For one, Sirens works fine both with its old damage, 915, and new damage, 880. If your comparing it to Wooly Mammoth, you probably shouldn't, Mammoth is single hit spell, which are generally stronger then AoEs like Sirens, no matter what the school. Do some comparisons like Tempest to Judgement, Scarecrow to Dr Von's Monster, etc. Also, no offense, but telling people to complain about Rain of Fire isn't solving anything, we'd just be dumping our problems on another school. My guess is that, if you were a Pyromancer, you wouldn't feel to happy about that part. If you feel that Rain of Fire is a little strong, well, as you said, there is something called shields. We adjust, restrategize, and move on. Personally, I think that all the new spells are balanced and amazing, kudos to KI.

Cya in the Spiral,

Go Sparks!

You deserve a medal and a cookie.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I also agree with you 100%. I'm not saying people are hypocrites, but when snow angel came out people were doing the same thing. :D

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
bionaknight wrote:

Cya in the Spiral,

Go Sparks!

Yea I guess I was kinda contradicting myself, thanks for pointing that out. I will revise my post again.

Hey is there any Storm Wizards Club? Let me know if there is... Thanks

Go Sparks!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hi Daviato, sorry I didn't respond straight away, I had been busy posting a few glitches with Sirens spells accuracy debuffs and animation and doing other things in Halston's Lab and Zafaria forums. I think there are a few school clubs buried in Ravenwood Commons section, but they might be locked or removed. There probably is a Storm Club on Wizard101 Centeal though, I'll check it out.

Cya in the Spiral,

Go Sparks! And Happy Thanksgiving!

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Daviato wrote:

the previous sirens was a little over-powered. This new sirens is a little under-powered. KI should raise the base damage to 900. I like your idea about boosting other spells, though. Also, isnt dragon stronger than lord?

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
Hi Daviato, sorry I didn't respond straight away, I had been busy posting a few glitches with Sirens spells accuracy debuffs and animation and doing other things in Halston's Lab and Zafaria forums. I think there are a few school clubs buried in Ravenwood Commons section, but they might be locked or removed. There probably is a Storm Club on Wizard101 Centeal though, I'll check it out.

Cya in the Spiral,

Go Sparks! And Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh okay, Yea I just made a Central account.... There is lots to do! hehe

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. :)

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Daviato wrote:

I do agree with you. If you think other people's spells are unfair and you want to weaken them, be my guest . But weakening your own school's spells to the view of the people that have them will obviously make them think it's unfair, so it's best to just strengthen the other spells rather than weakening them.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Daviato wrote:

Quick note: I did read your entire post as requested.

Daviato wrote:

Many always complain about every new spell, however, there is no evidence that this is the reason KI lowered the base damage.

Daviato wrote:

Let's compare Storm AoEs:

Tempest - 80 damage per pip, no special effects due to being Rank X
Storm Lord - 98.57 damage per pip, stun to all enemies
Sirens - 97.78 damage per pip, remove 2 charms, -50% accuracy, and reduce threat to all enemies

The way it is now, it seems that Sirens is pretty well balanced. With the original Sirens at 101.67 damage per pip plus all those effects, it was clearly overpowered. After all, it takes 11 pips for tempest to do the same base damage as Sirens. Let's not forget, with the waterworks gear, Bear's Claw of Storm, and Amythest Ring of Battle you have +85% to storm damage before you even think about your amulet, wand, or pet. Even if you go for a more balanced approach with the Wintertusk Ring of Valor and Garnet Bear Claw, that's still +76%. Finally, do not forget that you can have armor piercing capability now and with treasure unstoppable and infallible, there goes 35% of any resist that they had. Teaming up with a myth now makes an even deadlier combo.

Daviato wrote:
For the first time ever, other schools have spells with higher damage than Storm.

That's simply not true. No other school can deal more damage per pip to all enemies.

Daviato wrote:
Storm unlike other school hasn't improved much on Health. Currently have 2500 of health and 75% power pip chance.

Storm's health has continued to grow at the same rate it has always grown. Storm has been able to deal deadly damage for a very long time now and with armor piercing, we are back to unshielded opponents being wiped out in one hit.

Daviato wrote:

I suppose that depends on the storm wizard. I've seen friends who have more than 40% global resist and they take their time buffing, or have teammates buff them. I mean seriously, are you planning to use this spell in a 1v1 match? As to the pip ratio, you are no worse off than ice and fire and I believe myth (though I'd have to check the stats on that to know for sure).

Daviato wrote:
Yes you can live through Sirens spell, there something call shields!

You can live long enough to buff and for the same reason.

Daviato wrote:
Storm shields can handle must of storm damage and as many you know storm is doom to face them all the time... So yea the other schools have better chances of doing more damage with their over time damage spells.

On this point, I come back to the teaming with a myth in combination with armor piercing. As to the DoTs, do you know about triage and the fact that the other schools need to buff quite a lot for killing DoT damage?

Daviato wrote:

I don't disagree, however, I would add that I don't think people should complain about underpowered either as the math simply doesn't back up the complaint, just simply buff...

Daviato wrote:

Many do and they are generally met with complaints as well. That is just the nature of these forums, people whine, cajole, and ridicule. However, you shouldn't believe that KI changes a spell simply because people whine. You have to prove a real point with them in order for it to be addressed. In the case of Sirens, the total damage per pip SHOULD be less than Storm Lord because it gives out three effects.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011

On the surface, this whole post was started over 35 damage points. However, we all know that's not the whole story, so let's get into the nitty gritty.

915+275=1190

1190x1.8x1.35x1.3=3759

3759x2(because critical is a fair enough calculation to attribute to storm, since they generally speaking get more of it and benefit from it more than any other school, close exception being fire)=7518

Factor in one Volcanic Shield, around: 2261
Factor in above average player resist: 1130

Now for the way the spell is currently:

880+275=1155

1150x1.8x1.35x1.3=3649

3649x2=7297

" " "Volcanic=2119
" " "Resist=1060

The change:

7518-7297=221
2261-2119=142
1130-1060=70

Personally, I didn't need the damage of this spell to be reduced to feel better about myself as a Sorcerer in the Arena. But when you also take into consideration that the spell hits all opponents, leaves an accuracy debuff, takes blades, and stuns (does it in fact stun? I can't get confirmation if it does or not because Storms are killing everything too rapidly to find out on Zafaria or the boss is Stun Immune?), at a reasonable amount of personal buffs and just about the max boost you can reasonably normally get, without any shields or resist, this thread was started over 221 points of damage? Or, to be fair, for 4v4, 884, spread four ways.

In the 7000 damage range, poor you.

But hey Sirens at 915 is ok with me. I was more concerned with the plethora of after effects it gets.

But that's fine, boost other schools! How about this: re-tool the base damage of Ra and Forest Lord, raise them both up to a respectable 700-720 damage range. I love that! I think that's a smashing idea!

I want 700 base Ra and Forest Lord for Christmas, KI :-) None of this 500 to low 600 garbage!