Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Henchmen Really???

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Ok let me start by saying i am not the one to rant or rage about upgrades and new content .... but Really i mean Really.... i can see a bump in price for Henchmen but 400 crowns .... first off that is almost a hundread percent price bump.... second off i was about to die in a battle said to my self Ooooooo New Henchmen men Ooooooo level 70 Henchmen and before i can take my hand off the buy button i realize 400 crowns is the cost (trying to get rich quick off your players is one sure way to lose them) any ways were was i ... oh yeah .... non the less i bought it not wanting to lose this important battle.... and the level 70 life Monkey didnt help one bit.... all it did was heal it self over and over again and it wasn't even hurt.... i was screeming at the monkey to heal me cause i was about to die....( not to mention spent 400 crowns on you) nope he kept healing him self never even attacking the enemy..

Non the less it was a total waste of 400 crowns.... I would ask for a refund because it was a total Unsatisfying purchase that never even helped me ... but i was the one who bought it and had to experience the let down....

Talk about your misrepresentation....

don't get me wrong the New content is great but you have to tweek or completely rework the new Henchmen To help you not them selfs....thanks for reading and understanding my fustration....

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
dragonpower333 wrote:
Ok let me start by saying i am not the one to rant or rage about upgrades and new content .... but Really i mean Really.... i can see a bump in price for Henchmen but 400 crowns .... first off that is almost a hundread percent price bump.... second off i was about to die in a battle said to my self Ooooooo New Henchmen men Ooooooo level 70 Henchmen and before i can take my hand off the buy button i realize 400 crowns is the cost (trying to get rich quick off your players is one sure way to lose them) any ways were was i ... oh yeah .... non the less i bought it not wanting to lose this important battle.... and the level 70 life Monkey didnt help one bit.... all it did was heal it self over and over again and it wasn't even hurt.... i was screeming at the monkey to heal me cause i was about to die....( not to mention spent 400 crowns on you) nope he kept healing him self never even attacking the enemy..

Non the less it was a total waste of 400 crowns.... I would ask for a refund because it was a total Unsatisfying purchase that never even helped me ... but i was the one who bought it and had to experience the let down....

Talk about your misrepresentation....

don't get me wrong the New content is great but you have to tweek or completely rework the new Henchmen To help you not them selfs....thanks for reading and understanding my fustration....

I had the same experience with the new Life henchman. Totally useless...

Defender
May 31, 2011
I, too, am very unhappy about this "upgrade" and they way ridiculously overpriced. I found the same problem with the level 60 life wizard. I used level 40 life in a Celestia dungeon and had much better support. She helped get me through it.

If you check the responses under KI's announcement of the new henchmen, you will see you are not alone with your thoughts on this.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
If you will notice, there are a FEW issues regarding the new henchmen popping up. I think KI has set themselves up to actually lose money in regard to the henchmen.

I for one live on a VERY limited income and can no longer afford to buy crowns like I did a year ago, so when and IF I do buy anymore, it will be for a specific item and not wasted on useless henchmen. Where I would hire as many as 3 to help me with a difficult battle (usually for SPELL battles) when friends were not on, now I won't be hiring any over level 40 if even then.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
I am guessing we are not going to get any response out of KI any time soon....

I mean no disrespect to KI or AnyOne trying to resolve this issue ....

I have seen Great Online Games Come and Go Because of heavy price Gouging I mean we the players have to atleast wait for a response From KI on wether they are going to look into it or not.... but i will say that no response is a bad response ....

My Daughter Uses the Henchmen alot due to the fact that she enjoys Battles alone .... He has friends but she likes to do dungeons by her self .... so Hence she likes using Henchmen .... this Evening i spoke to her about the Crown Issue and the HenchMen .... I told her that once her crowns are used up she won't be getting anymore because i will not dump 60 to 80 bucks every time she needs crowns.... and for the price they are now your crowns will be gone in a week.... I told her maybe it's time to find another game.... She said "well maybe we should just Wait a spell and see what they do i have faith in wizard101 to do the right thing....I mean everyone made them number one we voted for them they won't let us down because we didn't let them down. " I (being a parent) told her to not hold her Breathe.... Well i guess she's just buying time for her Favorite game.... because thats alot of heart and trust coming form a 11 yr old....

I guess what i am trying to say is there is alot of Young And Old People that Like this game alot .... KI don't Become A Statistic To another Game that falls by the way side .... Thanks for Reading....

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I see the increase a senseless. KI is getting new player everyday and some players have 2 or more accounts. SO they are definitely not losing money. But, at this rate, they will because players are not going to hire henchmen at these prices and I have already seen some posts stating that the player may just cancel their subs unless this is fixed.

KI, return the Henchmen to the original with original prices.

Administrator
We are re-assessing the value of the henchmen to ensure they’re appropriately balanced in terms of power and cost. We understand you may be frustrated with this first iteration, but request your patience. As always, the community feedback is heard and given full consideration with this on-going process.

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We are re-assessing the value of the henchmen to ensure they’re appropriately balanced in terms of power and cost. We understand you may be frustrated with this first iteration, but request your patience. As always, the community feedback is heard and given full consideration with this on-going process.

Thank you for taking the time to address our ALL of our concerns regarding the henchmen.

I have also noticed you have posted this answer to some of the other subject posts regarding the henchmen. Although there are others that do not mention henchmen in the subject line, I am confident that KI is well aware of them and will act accordingly.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
But guys, do you rely on henchmen to carry you through the spiral? This is just wroung. Idk if you guys do it only for maybe hard dungeons and maybe a hard boss , which is fine, but EVERY boss battle and EVERY dungeon and even EVERY enemy, which is insane. We have enough power to handle on fine in the spiral without henchmans. :|

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
We are re-assessing the value of the henchmen to ensure they’re appropriately balanced in terms of power and cost. We understand you may be frustrated with this first iteration, but request your patience. As always, the community feedback is heard and given full consideration with this on-going process.[/quot]

Thank You Professor Greyrose Again we know things will work out....

Have a Happy ThanksGiving....

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
That happened to me too! D: I bought a life henchmen when i was fighting jade oni myself and i realized that jade oni was life and i bought a life henchmen. -_- So, it just kept healing and healing its self! It didnt even attack it only gave "heals" to its self. I'm Haley Spelldreamer anyway ill be riding a hawk mount and wearing the hawkrider bundle stuff. :?

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Nick16567 wrote:
But guys, do you rely on henchmen to carry you through the spiral? This is just wroung. Idk if you guys do it only for maybe hard dungeons and maybe a hard boss , which is fine, but EVERY boss battle and EVERY dungeon and even EVERY enemy, which is insane. We have enough power to handle on fine in the spiral without henchmans. :|

I and My Daughter tend to use Henchmen when needed when we fight anything be it mobs or Bosses we enter it alone if we feel the battle is sliding we call on our Henchmen but with this current dilema i don't know if we can afford to rely on there back up....

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
dragonpower333 wrote:
Nick16567 wrote:

I and My Daughter tend to use Henchmen when needed when we fight anything be it mobs or Bosses we enter it alone if we feel the battle is sliding we call on our Henchmen but with this current dilema i don't know if we can afford to rely on there back up....

You are right Nick16567. You should not be using a henchman for every battle. If your wizard does not die a few times in raising them, then you learn nothing. When your wizard dies, you learn to adjust your deck to a better advantage. The skills your wizard learns to use to the best advantage helps them be able to survive some difficult battles. In many cases, there are others that are fighting the same mobs you need. If you ask to join them, most will say yes, unless they are down to the last one they need. BUT, don't just jump in. That is bad form.

In my opinion, a large part of the THRILL, is to see how well you have raised you wizard. I have legendaries that still die occasionally. But I try to do even some boss battles without the use of henchmen just to see if I can. If I can't, I wait for a friend or use my second account to support the first one.

With the current prices on henchmen, my second account will be moving a little faster to be able to support the first account. With family accounts, which many do have, this should be more practical than hiring henchmen unless you are in that great battle that really NEEDS 4 to defeat the boss.

KI is re-assessing the henchmen. Professor Greyrose has posted and asks us to be patient. We have been heard, so now we need to give them time to fix the problems.

Good luck to all wizards in your journey through the Spiral.

Fallon WinterLeaf---Legendary Life

Defender
May 31, 2011
Nick16567 wrote:

I do not rely on the henchmen to carry me, but I do utilize them when I don't have any other help available. I believe if you take more time to read carefully what others are saying you would see we are not relying on them unreasonably or using them for every boss and/or dungeon.

Our concern is in the quality and value of the product and for which the product is used. I would not even use a stronger henchman at the prices the new ones are at now. KI has now responded and recognized our concern on this.