Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

scald spell bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
i am having trouble casting my fire spell called scald it fizzles 9 out of 10 times and the same with my fire dragon spell can someone fix this bug if it is a bug it is getting very annoying because those are the two most used spells in my deck someone please let me know if they are also having the same problems

brandon fireblade
legendary pyromancer

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
thatrel123 wrote:
i am having trouble casting my fire spell called scald it fizzles 9 out of 10 times and the same with my fire dragon spell can someone fix this bug if it is a bug it is getting very annoying because those are the two most used spells in my deck someone please let me know if they are also having the same problems

brandon fireblade
legendary pyromancer

it's not a bug.

Fix it by getting gear with accuracy boosts on it.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Since its accuracy is 75%, you should expect it to fizzle once every four tries. An unstoppable treasure card would raise it to 100%.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
I Can Vauge for this being a bug, I tested it with my friends Pyromancer and his gear gives him a 30 something boost on accuracy, the fire dragon fizzled a few times and so did a couple other spells. I was fighting lost souls to test it and I figured that having over 100% accuracy would mean I cant fizzle...

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
acrios90 wrote:
I figured that having over 100% accuracy would mean I cant fizzle...

it doesn't mean that at all.

The game is full of hidden modifiers you never see. Spells, rounds, turns, battles, areas, worlds, and so on all have modifiers to things like your power pip chance, accuracy and so on. 100% isn't a guarantee that you'll never fail though you should fail a lot less than someone without the boost.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2011
Like the person above me said!!
Areas also have their own individual fizzle rates as well for example, try 100% accuracy on unicorn way.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010