Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Collecting spears taking hours

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
When i got the quest to get 8 spears, it took me 3 hours! Either i had the worst luck, or the spears are taking forever to get. Anybody know why it takes so long? Post if you know.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I don't know why it is taking so long but i am right there with you, took me two hours to collect those eight staffs. It wasn't even crowded there either.
Whats up with that?

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
Yes, I totally agree. My husband & I play this game together and for some of these new Zafaria quests it has taken us hours to collect the required items from the various mob groups.

Collecting the spears was one of the longests quest that we had to do, so far. It's totally rediculous to have to fight the same mobs over & over & over and only collect 1 item from every 4 or 5 battles. It quickly gets too repetitive and boring, not to mention very time consuming.

I don't expect to collect multiple items from every battle, but having to fight upward of 30+ battles just to collect 8 spears is going way too far. Not to mention that since Zafaria is a newly opened world, it's been so totally crowded (even jumping to various realms & areas) and it's so hard to be able to even get IN a dueling circle in order to even TRY to collect the required item.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
I will just say, was the quest in Dragonspyre were you had to collect 8 armor plating much better? That one took me 4 months! you guys got lucky.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
imcool410 wrote:
I will just say, was the quest in Dragonspyre were you had to collect 8 armor plating much better? That one took me 4 months! you guys got lucky.

Geez, imcool - either you don't (or didn't) play very consistently or you have the worst luck of collecting needed quest item drops that I have ever heard of! I'm sorry it took you so long....I probably would have given up after a couple of weeks! lol

I've NEVER had a single part of a quest take days - much less weeks or months - to complete.........except in the case of crafting when you have to collect (what seems like) a zillion reagents in order to transmute the items that you actually need to complete & make the recipe.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
bbutgereit wrote:
When i got the quest to get 8 spears, it took me 3 hours! Either i had the worst luck, or the spears are taking forever to get. Anybody know why it takes so long? Post if you know.

took me all day today. too many people in the area and only two battle rings

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
It's so long it's taking me more than the time of waterworks! What's up with that!

Explorer
Feb 10, 2009
Wow sorry, the game must not like you lol. I had a lot of trouble out of this quest too though. It didn't take me 3 hours to finish the quest, but took way longer than previous quests in other worlds, or so it seemed.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
It took me 15 minutes what are you talking about?

WOW lucky you, so far on 4 wizards I have achieved the Lion Tamer badge before completing.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
depending on what school you are get help and use lower pips spells like sand, frog, meti, temp, blizzard with gargantuan. and i apologize to life and death wizards your stuck using higher pips spells like crow and forest lord.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
it took me half an hour. What I've noticed is if someone else kills the monster for you, you will have better luck getting them.

That's just my perspective

lvl 70 ice- Dylan deathcrafter
lvl 62 fire-Tristan jadepyre
lvl 70 storm- Robert Drakestone
lvl 14 balance- Caleb skyblade

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I am 100% with you on this. This was the 3rd most annoying quest I have EVER had. (1st being the Algae farm, collecting 3 algae, took me 2 WEEKS! 2nd was Ironworks, back when I had menu chat, I had no one to help me, lol)

This quest took me A FULL DAY. I think the drop rate is like between 2% and 5%!

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Guys I was able to do it in less than 30 minutes what are you people talking about?

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
KI? Do you hear these people? C'mon, one quest in Zafaria shouldn't take 2-7 hours! Maybe just one hour or 30 min. Why do you guys have these message boards anyways? Please read this, KI.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Robertman202 wrote:
Guys I was able to do it in less than 30 minutes what are you people talking about?

Thats some pretty darn good luck! (I Dont think I mentioned I was fire, which made it like 2 times harder than it probably was meant ot be.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
My issue is that you have to defeat SO MANY of whatever enemy it happens to be! I remember defeating those lionesses, for whatever reason... I was about ready to give up W101 for a whole five minutes because of that! (It didn't help that I'm Balance, either!) And then the endless "Collect 10-or-so whatevers" quests from who-knows-what. With about a 5% chance of actually collecting ONE whatever, not to mention 10 or 12... I was almost glad to return to my n00b in Dragonspyre. Almost.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
I am having the same problem. If they're going to give you a quest to get 8 of something, it would be nice if they actually HAD what you're supposed to get. I do NOT expect it to be "easy", but I've counted and I have killed 81 YES EIGHTY ONE of these lions and have gotten THREE staffs. Completely ludacris!!! And...I can't do anything else because it's the only quest I have to continue on.

Seriously, KI...does it have to be nearly impossible? This doesn't make it FUN at all.

:x

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
angelmw wrote:
I am having the same problem. If they're going to give you a quest to get 8 of something, it would be nice if they actually HAD what you're supposed to get. I do NOT expect it to be "easy", but I've counted and I have killed 81 YES EIGHTY ONE of these lions and have gotten THREE staffs. Completely ludacris!!! And...I can't do anything else because it's the only quest I have to continue on.

Seriously, KI...does it have to be nearly impossible? This doesn't make it FUN at all.

I agree. I have had two family members stop playing because it was so boring. So I now have three accounts that I alone play on. And I find myself deleting the higher level wizards, and starting over again with new wizards, because I too feel that after Dragonspyre the game isn't as much fun. Maybe that's what KI wants. Delete wizards and start new ones. Doesn't make sense to me though. :(

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Dont take this the wrong way but, dont you people saying it takes too long are over exaggerating a bit? Cause i mean hey, it took me like thirty minutes to finish that quest. The first few battles nothing, but then i started getting them one battle at a time. It was a little hard I admit, but it didnt take that long, i really think it is luck.

Sincerly, TristanDarkBlade Transcended Ice

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Honeybee313 wrote:
angelmw wrote:

I agree. I have had two family members stop playing because it was so boring. So I now have three accounts that I alone play on. And I find myself deleting the higher level wizards, and starting over again with new wizards, because I too feel that after Dragonspyre the game isn't as much fun. Maybe that's what KI wants. Delete wizards and start new ones. Doesn't make sense to me though. :(

Same boat here - had family account with 3 accounts, 2 younger players stopped playing a long time ago, mid Mooshu, after some time I canceled one and left the other, now other half is playing that account and we found we save $40 some odd dollars just paying for the yrly special over the family plan, only down side is I think I am getting to the end of playing also so maybe a yrly account was a waste too.

I too am going to start deleting wizards to be able to start over and do only up to end of DragonSprye. I use the game for stress relief, casual game play and it seems somewhere around mid Mooshu that stops and it becomes stressful. Having to calculate all the options of gear, deck construction, spells to use, etc sucks the fun out of it.

On the other hand I can imagine people who join for the challenge of it all find the first 4 worlds very boring. It is clear one game can not be for all so a divide line has pretty much been placed, here is where game play is uncomplicated and simple and here is where you have to gain a strategy to survive.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2011
I did not like that mission one bit it took me about 2 to 3 hours to get the spears also i had to race to get in battle to get them, but thank goodness i completed the mission.

Sophia FireSinger lvl 69 Pyromancer

Natalie CrowShade Transcended Necromancer

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
were you fighting solo, i did it with two other guys and it didn't even take ten minutes.