Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upgrade Balance Blade

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
I will like to present the Idea of Upgrading Balance Blade to 30% boost damage.

In other words is a improvement of 5% more on the current 25% Balance Blade.

I mean Ice that suppose to be the weakest school has a better blade than Storm.

I think it will be fair for Balance to get their blade improve.

Explorer
Mar 24, 2011
Daviato wrote:

25% is balanced

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Balance could use a boost like this, I just don't know if this is the best way to do it.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Daviato wrote:

My pet gives me dragonblade so I don't really care about how low balanceblade is. Balance can't be shielded up much, so that's why. I still hit 400 each head with hydra with 1 balanceblade. It's all fine.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
I agree balance really does need eather balance blade to be upgraded or a new blade like dragon blade added as a quest spell.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Daviato wrote:

Stop hating on ice man! You constantly hate on them, they aren't overpowered they hardly do damage so they get a 40% blade. Storm does a lot so it gets a 30% blade. Balanceblade is an universal blade so you can't upgrade it, and stop trying to use balance as an excuse to complain about ice people like you give PvP such a bad rep! I know your storm so how'd you like it if people complained about your school? I don't have an ice I have a Fire, death and storm and I don't complain about other schools. My sister has an ice wizard and she has a hard time in PvP and PvE why don't you step into an ice wizard's shoes and see how its like? Ice isn't the weakest school there is none. You base everything on attack and when you say storm is the strongest school you really don't know a thing about this game.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Stop hating on ice man! You constantly hate on them, they aren't overpowered they hardly do damage so they get a 40% blade. Storm does a lot so it gets a 30% blade. Balanceblade is an universal blade so you can't upgrade it, and stop trying to use balance as an excuse to complain about ice people like you give PvP such a bad rep! I know your storm so how'd you like it if people complained about your school? I don't have an ice I have a Fire, death and storm and I don't complain about other schools. My sister has an ice wizard and she has a hard time in PvP and PvE why don't you step into an ice wizard's shoes and see how its like? Ice isn't the weakest school there is none. You base everything on attack and when you say storm is the strongest school you really don't know a thing about this game.

lol calm down, I'm just saying what is true... Once Ice gets to legendary and transcended is truly over-rated.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Since we have two blades (Balance Blade and Bladestorm), we don't really need a blade upgrade. Also, Ice has a stronger blade than Storm because Ice attacks are weak. Storm attacks are naturally strong, so they don't need that much added power.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Daviato wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
Daviato wrote:

lol calm down, I'm just saying what is true... Once Ice gets to legendary and transcended is truly over-rated.

No its not. Ask any ice wizard they aren't overpowered or over-rated. With the 60 gear snow angel does nothing, and woolly mammoth hardly does a thing. Again like I said on other posts as wizards its our jobs to learn how to strengthen our weakend points. Many people can't do that and choose to complain about the school that gives them the most challenge. All I'm saying is you basicly just made this post to complain about ice and seem like by trying to help balance as a storm you don't hate on schools, but you actually do. Dumping all your issues with school on the message boards isn't fair to them.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Since we have two blades (Balance Blade and Bladestorm), we don't really need a blade upgrade. Also, Ice has a stronger blade than Storm because Ice attacks are weak. Storm attacks are naturally strong, so they don't need that much added power.

Other schools have 2 bigger blades (35% and 30-40%) plus the ability to be boosted by balance blade. A better idea would be to add a balance shield to the game (and all that comes with it (specific blade, bubble, trap, etc.)) That way, balance can be on the same page as everyone else.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Other schools have 2 bigger blades (35% and 30-40%) plus the ability to be boosted by balance blade. A better idea would be to add a balance shield to the game (and all that comes with it (specific blade, bubble, trap, etc.)) That way, balance can be on the same page as everyone else.

I'm a Sorcerer (Balance Wizard) and I disagree.

Although a balance shield would be a fine idea. I don't agree with the blade and trap.

Balance is meant to be played differently than the other schools.

Thus why:
Fire gets shield vs Frost and Storm
Frost gets shield vs Fire and Storm
Storm gets shield vs Fire and Frost.
Making a triangle. The 3 elementals. These are basic classes.
Balance gets a spell to block all 3 of these.
Same goes for Death, Life, and Myth. They make another triangle. The spirit schools. These are less basic than the elementals.
Balance also gets another spell that blocks all 3 of these.

Balance is on a completely different page. Having a balance wizard in your group is like having a Batman belt. It's got the right spells for anything but itself.

That being said, if a balance shield was added, no one would use it. They're more afraid of taking storm or fire damage.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
Daviato wrote:

No its not. Ask any ice wizard they aren't overpowered or over-rated. With the 60 gear snow angel does nothing, and woolly mammoth hardly does a thing. Again like I said on other posts as wizards its our jobs to learn how to strengthen our weakend points. Many people can't do that and choose to complain about the school that gives them the most challenge. All I'm saying is you basicly just made this post to complain about ice and seem like by trying to help balance as a storm you don't hate on schools, but you actually do. Dumping all your issues with school on the message boards isn't fair to them.

I'm sorry but Ice can actually do a whopping amount of damage due to : ice blade, elemental blade, balefrost, and the treasure cards for the first 2 blades that I mentioned that every ice is apparently using in PvP. Ice is pretty overrated I have to admit since with a life mastery amulet and a satyr plus snow angel every other school has a very hard time defeating you guys. Although maybe I myself am attacking ice harshly since ice is pretty much my equal when it comes to pvp and as for storm, the only reason you find it so overrated is cause you prob can't stand that ice has done more damage then you, heal ,shield, twice the health, and i've bet you've only won a handful of times against ice. Ice has a better blade at like what? level 28 ( I had an ice and I remember getting my ice blade extremely late). Balance is a school meant to boost others since they can't really do much by themselves. I do truly feel bad for storm since they have problems with shields ( even i have the glacial shield ) but on the other hand I have seen a lot more storm warlords than I can count and its probably because instead of whining on the message boards they actually try to find away around the shields. Could you imagine if storm shields weren't spammed? I guarantee you, 75% of the time a storm would win. Don't tell me idk whats its like to be spammed against, cause as a death warlord I can tell you because of life mastery amulets right after glacial shield comes the myth and death shield (forgot name). Yes I could poison them away or w.e but its still a pain to waste pips and blades on a measly move such as that PLUS if I dragon I guarantee 2/3 it will be triaged off.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
chrono04 wrote:

I'm a Sorcerer (Balance Wizard) and I disagree.

Although a balance shield would be a fine idea. I don't agree with the blade and trap.

Balance is meant to be played differently than the other schools.

Thus why:
Fire gets shield vs Frost and Storm
Frost gets shield vs Fire and Storm
Storm gets shield vs Fire and Frost.
Making a triangle. The 3 elementals. These are basic classes.
Balance gets a spell to block all 3 of these.
Same goes for Death, Life, and Myth. They make another triangle. The spirit schools. These are less basic than the elementals.
Balance also gets another spell that blocks all 3 of these.

Balance is on a completely different page. Having a balance wizard in your group is like having a Batman belt. It's got the right spells for anything but itself.

That being said, if a balance shield was added, no one would use it. They're more afraid of taking storm or fire damage.

You don't need to teach me about school theory, I've had enough of it. The reason why balance needs school specific damage modifiers is becuase the damage itself is school specific. This isn't true in pvp however becuase the gear that is used has universal resist rather than balance resist. The other schools remain specific becuase they have cast-able specific damage modifiers, why should balance act differently?

If you want what you know about school thereoy to be turned inside-out, than read these threads and the arguments on them. They have completely changed my point of view on this matter.

Is it time for a Balance Shield?

Moving Forward

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
25% is giving you a good boost. Add 30% from hex, 20% from Bladestorm, and another 25% and 35% from a Spirit/Elemental Blade and Trap. That gives you 135% boost!!! Though my number could be a little off, I did the math mentally. Balance Blade doesn't need to be upgraded, because the damage us Balance wizards can cause, can really stack up. Oh, and P.S. Ice is not the weakest, it has fair attacks, great defense, and really high base health. Ice can survive a battle for a really long time. My secondary Ice spells have saved me from defeat more than a few times.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Daviato wrote:

so if ice has a better blade than storm! dont you know ice has great boosting - tyler stormsheild lvl 56 storm

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
Daviato wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
Daviato wrote:

omg daviato ask an ice if there over rated they are so NOT! im a transcended ice and i have a hard time damaging bosses my collossus with a with real blades amulet blades and treasure card blades ice collossus only does about 2700 for me thats not over-rated thats why i hate storm people! they make fun of ice and say there over rated i am sick and tired of that!!! gosh

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:

We don't have just Balance attacks. We're the only school that has strong attacks outside of our school integrated into our school, which is why these blades work for our mode of combat. If we had what you suggest, Balance would ironically be the most superior school even more so than it already is. I'll support a Balance Shield, but I'd want it to be the same as our blades: global. The rest is unnecessary.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
We don't have just Balance attacks. We're the only school that has strong attacks outside of our school integrated into our school, which is why these blades work for our mode of combat. If we had what you suggest, Balance would ironically be the most superior school even more so than it already is. I'll support a Balance Shield, but I'd want it to be the same as our blades: global. The rest is unnecessary.

I am not sure what you mean. How would a global balance shield be any different than a tower shield?