Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zafaria Pop Culture References

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
I did say there was a research project beckoning...

"Spin Me Right Round" in Elissa's Tomb is a reference to the song by the same name by the 80's band, Dead or Alive.

"Heart of Darkness", the quest to Mirror Lake, is a reference to the novel of the same name by Joseph Conrad.

Dang, these Zafaria references are getting pretty sophisticated.

Kudos to the Easter Egg genuises at Kings Isle

Punnily Yours,

Qbb

I've noticed a lot of these types of references. One of the quests is called "In the Name of Pride." A spin off of U2's album Pride with the single In the Name of Love.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Then I just noticed the quest, "Bulls on Parade." Rage Against the Machine has a song with the same title.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Alexander5335 wrote:
:DKoko smokesign says an incantation, "Oh-e-oh-ah-ah-bing-bang-walla-walla-bing bang." I forget where i heard it, but i know its from somewhere. :D

That witch doctor song! That's the song! I don't know how it goes but still...

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Here are some:

-There is a quest Rock of Ages, which is also the name of my favorite video game.

-Tomb sweet Tomb (quest name) is just a spin of Home Sweet Home. That one is more obvious though.

-The quest Lioness Sleeps Tonight is a refrence to a song which has lyrics: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...

- There are also countless puns like: Lion around, Wild Zorses, and many more

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Two new references:

"Give It Away Now" is the title of a song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

"Fire Walk with Me", my level 68 spell quest, is a reference to the t.v show "Twin Peaks".

How fun!

Qbb/Scarlet

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
I did say there was a research project beckoning...

"Spin Me Right Round" in Elissa's Tomb is a reference to the song by the same name by the 80's band, Dead or Alive.

"Heart of Darkness", the quest to Mirror Lake, is a reference to the novel of the same name by Joseph Conrad.

Dang, these Zafaria references are getting pretty sophisticated.

Kudos to the Easter Egg geniuses at Kings Isle

Punnily Yours,

Qbb

Dang, now I got the song Dead or Alive stuck in my head. Gr...
"Cause I'm wanted! Dead or a-live!!!"