Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No more card exchanging before arena matches?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I noticed after the update that I can no longer trade out a few cards in the 15 seconds before the arena match starts. I assume this isn't a bug and that KI meant to change this feature, but I can't find it in the update notes. Can anyone tell me if they experience this too?

In PvP, my wizard name is Finnigan Fireflame so this "no card trading" feature will probably work out better for me than some wizards. But I have gotten used to switching out a couple cards based on if I know what school my opponent is, or even by what pet they have equiped. At higher levels you start playing the same wizards again and again so you know their school before the match starts.

I'm OK with this change, but I also enjoyed the option to switch out a few cards pre match. Like I said, this will work out better for wizards with school themed names or school pets.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I never knew you couldn't trade cards before a PvP match o:

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
malt22 wrote:
I have gotten used to switching out a couple cards based on if I know what school my opponent is, or even by what pet they have equiped.

that's basically cheating.

If this were a physical card game, you'd sit down at a table with someone and you wouldn't be able to change the cards in your deck because you managed to find out some facts about them as they were scooting their chair up to the table, would you?

This is an online card game and you shouldn't be able to switch out your cards after your both at the table (in battle) either.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
First, I don't do this, never have tried this, and so it's doesn't matter to me.
Second, it's not cheating to any degree, and is a good idea to be able to adjust your spell deck. (this is not a card game, it's a Wizard game).
If KI has stopped it, that's too bad, as I know a lot of the upper players (above 1200) have used this for a long time.

Joe,
Joseph Lionhunter. see you in pvp.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
If this is true I'd be pretty disappointed (I'll test this out in a few minutes). But then again, that's what tower and weakness is for! Security spells in case you cant have a specialized deck to match your opponent

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I noticed this also, because as a Balance Wizard, I would often change shield sets to be more effective against a specific opponent. Or I would change pets or gear for various reasons. Whether this is a bug or intentional I cannot speak to. It just means that you need to use the 15 seconds more wisely.

With that in mind, I found a way to get to my spell cards despite this current hindrance. I open my backpack to some random page, then switch to my deck. I can still make the changes I desire, but I have to be much faster about it.

Now that I have shared this, if this change was intentional, maybe KI will make mew adjustments.

Happy Hunting and good luck!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I changed my mind. I like this new restriction where you cant change your gear in the countdown.

Think about it, can you imagine a boxer putting on headgear right when the fight is beginning?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
malt22 wrote:
I have gotten used to switching out a couple cards based on if I know what school my opponent is, or even by what pet they have equiped.

that's basically cheating.

If this were a physical card game, you'd sit down at a table with someone and you wouldn't be able to change the cards in your deck because you managed to find out some facts about them as they were scooting their chair up to the table, would you?

This is an online card game and you shouldn't be able to switch out your cards after your both at the table (in battle) either.

You can't cheat in PvP.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:

You can't cheat in PvP.

so the people who were using using the glitch where you could mutate a goul, and have a high power spell for 2 pips were clean players? Or how about the people who were bring a friend into a 1v1 fight with a rino mount?

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:

You can't cheat in PvP.

if you mean there are no rules so anything goes, that's true

but

using bugs to do things that KI doesn't allow just because they haven't had the chance to fix the bug is cheating.