Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

hints for beating belloq? HELP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
First don't buy any henchmen for that fight. it just had to the number of RA he will use on you guys.
- the counter to the cheat (RA) is to hit him every round. that's why he says "I thought you were here to hurt me"
- The best way to do this is to have at least one person with you. from then there are two ways to fight.
1) one person equip the deck with low level spells like 1 pip spells and wand and that person will just hit belloq every turn while the other boost up for a big attack
2) you alternate the hit turn. that's a little bit trickier because there might be a turn when you both can't hit.

A useful thing to do is use a Dot spell like fire elf or poison. that way he gets hit for at least three turns while prepare for another hit.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
There isn't one. If you really must try, use a balance dispell.
If you pass, you get hit with Ra. I found out that if you pass a 2nd time, you get hit with Ra twice! (maybe it was just my Luck and Belloq was casting Ra anyway)
I have 2 words for you, "fire elf".

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
If this is the boss I'm thinking of, then try having a healer go first. The healer should prepare a deck with lots of small heals, and spam them from the beginning of the battle. This will stop the constant barrage of Ra.

At least this worked nicely in the test realm.

Regards,

Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
You do not need a healer for belloq he is too easy to beat. All you need is two other players to go in with you. both of them should be loaded up with level one and two pip spells.

The best spells to use are the fire elf, storm elf or ice elf or any few pip spells that cast a lil star that circles the enemy and hits the enemy for four rounds. The reason for this is because then you don't have to cast spells for three rounds. Anything that casts a small attack is fantastic. I am fire so I used fire elf and the fire cat because they take few pips. You can also use your wand if it is a no pip spell and attacks the enemy.

While you and the other person is doing small spells. Or the two that are gonna cast the small spells. The other person or you can be loading up for the kill. by not casting anything but boosts on yourself so you can take them out.

It is that easy and we never once had to heal or have a healer with us. It was fast. We killed the guy in 4 rounds.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
You do not need a healer for belloq he is too easy to beat. All you need is two other players to go in with you. both of them should be loaded up with level one and two pip spells.

The best spells to use are the fire elf, storm elf or ice elf or any few pip spells that cast a lil star that circles the enemy and hits the enemy for four rounds. The reason for this is because then you don't have to cast spells for three rounds. Anything that casts a small attack is fantastic. I am fire so I used fire elf and the fire cat because they take few pips. You can also use your wand if it is a no pip spell and attacks the enemy.

While you and the other person is doing small spells. Or the two that are gonna cast the small spells. The other person or you can be loading up for the kill. by not casting anything but boosts on yourself so you can take them out.

It is that easy and we never once had to heal or have a healer with us. It was fast. We killed the guy in 4 rounds. And Ra never showed up.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
just take any sheilds blades and traps out of your deck you should do it with three to four people so if you need to heal someone else can hit him use your wand spell to save up pips and when you have enough hit him with your best spell like levy efreet skeleton dragon or the 68 spells if you have them yet

mat fire mancer lv 65 fire

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Here is what I did:
Life: Witch's Necklace (To blade Storm), Lots of Healing spells, and wand strikes.
Storm: Fire Mastery amulet (Trained Fire to Phoenix for Mutate Thunderbird spell previously)

Storm: Fire Elf, blade up, blade up, Fire Elf, Blade up, storm Trap, Fire elf, Amplify, Kill with Gargantuan Sirens

Meanwhile, my Life Wizard was healing my Storm Wizard.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
He's acctually pretty easy(with friends) but here is his profile

Boss: Belloq

Health: 6335

Superior Cheat: He casts a double damage Ra on you until you do damage. Then he waits 4 rounds, and does the same thing. All you have to do is get a few lost soul treasure cards, cast them on him. He can't cheat the first round, either. First, though, after a attack spell, use a to-all-enemies to destroy his minion, becase if you attack his minion instead it doesn't count.

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Belloq wasnt that big of a problem for me i had my good friends Rowan help me, she spammed out a fire cat the first round then started using fire link to keep herself healed to. Sience i am Life i had it easy with a boost but if your balance i suggest bringing either a death myth or life along. your best bet would be a life. they have the lowest fizzle rate, they heal, and they boost

Scarlet DeathPetal
Transcended Theurgist
Master of Ironic last names ;3

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
i just took a low lvl wizard from my wifes account, made sure it was loaded up with lvl one spell cards, no traps or blades, just attack cards, and as the low lvl was constantly attacking beloq, i pipped up and attacked with my storm. took about 6 to 7 rounds, didnt need to heal, and no RA showed up either. all in all, a pretty easy guy to beat. course i did read up on Beloq before i did his dungeon.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Belloq will Ra if he does not take 1 point of damage in a round.
Belloq will Ra if you bring others into the battle late. This includes Minions, Henchmen, and fellow Wizards who port into you.
Belloq will Ra if he has 8 Pips. This Ra will use his pips.

My Storm had trained Fire to Phoenix and had a Fire Mastery Amulet. He started out with an elf, blade self, blade self, elf, trap, elf, aura, elf, trap, Colossal Sirens for game.

During this, my Life kept them both fully healed. We only faced 1 regular cast of Ra.

Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
nagashiki wrote:
First don't buy any henchmen for that fight. it just had to the number of RA he will use on you guys.
- the counter to the cheat (RA) is to hit him every round. that's why he says "I thought you were here to hurt me"
- The best way to do this is to have at least one person with you. from then there are two ways to fight.
1) one person equip the deck with low level spells like 1 pip spells and wand and that person will just hit belloq every turn while the other boost up for a big attack
2) you alternate the hit turn. that's a little bit trickier because there might be a turn when you both can't hit.

A useful thing to do is use a Dot spell like fire elf or poison. that way he gets hit for at least three turns while prepare for another hit.

thx for the advice belloq destroyed me my first time because i brought 3 friends and first turn we all bladed or passed and he killed us with ra. it was annoying but being an ice i've got tons of Dot spells :-D

i would recommend having an ice and fire when beating belloq
Belloq is pretty easy if he doesn't cheat a lot (he only cheated twice in mine ;)
Alex StarBreeze
Lvl 68
Ice
(just got wooly mammoth woot)